Tamashii Nations Teases S.H. Figuarts Movie Deadpool?!?

JayC

Tamashii Nations today released this teaser image for an upcoming Marvel S.H. Figuarts figure. From the outline it's pretty obvious that the tease is for a new Deadpool figure, and since they included a link to the cinema section of their site with the image we assume this will be a movie based version. When more details become available we will be sure to pass them on to you.

Movie-Deadpool.jpg

Shown below are official images for the upcoming S.H. Figuarts Movie Deadpool figure from Tamashii Nations which is slated for release in February 2022. The figure comes with two different pairs of eyes, various hands, swords, swords sheath, knife and knife sheath.

Figuarts-Movie-Deadpool-00.jpg

Figuarts-Movie-Deadpool-01.jpg

Figuarts-Movie-Deadpool-02.jpg

Figuarts-Movie-Deadpool-03.jpg

Figuarts-Movie-Deadpool-04.jpg

Figuarts-Movie-Deadpool-05.jpg

Figuarts-Movie-Deadpool-06.jpg

Figuarts-Movie-Deadpool-07.jpg

Figuarts-Movie-Deadpool-08.jpg

Figuarts-Movie-Deadpool-09.jpg

On 9/30/2021 at 7:39 AM, Emnems80 said:

Looks pretty good. Maybe SHF should stick with masked heroes and forget about trying to do face sculpts.

If you think about this, this would have been the perfect chance for Figuarts to make a Wade Wilson headsculpt. They botch their faces, and Wade's face is supposed to be botched 😛

• 4 months later...
Shown below via Isaac Wong are in-hand images for the new S.H.Figuarts Deadpool figure from Tamashii Nations which you can purchase from our sponsor Entertainment Earth. The figure includes 3x pairs of optional eyes, 8x pairs of optional hands, 2x swords, sword (stowed), knife, knife scabbard (empty), and eye replacement tool.

Deadpool-00.jpg

Deadpool-01.jpg

Deadpool-02.jpg

Deadpool-03.jpg

Deadpool-04.jpg

Deadpool-05.jpg

Deadpool-06.jpg

Deadpool-07.jpg

Deadpool-08.jpg

Deadpool-09.jpg

Deadpool-10.jpg

Deadpool-11.jpg

Deadpool-12.jpg

Deadpool-13.jpg

Deadpool-14.jpg

Deadpool-15.jpg

Deadpool-16.jpg

As usual, SHF's lines and edges are sharper and cleaner, but almost too clean. Comparing it to the ML version is almost like comparing traditional animation to CGI. That paired with the SHF's standard pricing and the fact that he comes with no guns is a complete waste of money. There is literally no reason for this figure to exist.

Someone told me that guns have been banned with children's toys sold in China (not necessarily manufactured). SHF is considered collectors grade product but maybe the fact that it still has a certain appeal to younger children means they decided to not take a chance and just eliminate them altogether. Whatever the reasoning it's just another of several reasons for me just to hang on to my paper for this one.

I actually think I like the ML version better, I don't like that on this version the shoulder strap is just molded on, and the seem breaks when you move the torso, ML wins for me, I still think that was one of the nicest Movie ML figures we got in some time they did a great job, this figure is still nice and all don't get me wrong.

I wonder if Bandai would ever consider attempting comic-based figures. S.H. Figuarts often seems to beat out Mafex for high-end 1/12-scale Star Wars collectors’ money, but they’re not even trying to compete with Mafex on comic book representations. Or is Sentinel part of Bandai? Is that where they tackle the comic likenesses?