Eternals wave

Hogun

I am a curious for those who are planning on getting the Eternals wave. If you are going to cherry pick the characters or buy a complete set. I plan on having a complete set, but for now I have Ikkaris and Sersi pre-ordered. Also, another problem I have with this wave is the lack of accessories that represent their powers. While some of them do already come with power effect accessories i.e Ikkaris, Thena and Kingo and some do not need effects to represent their powers or they are too difficult to make into accessories i.e Makkari, Gilgamesh and Sersi respectively. Hasbro has no excuse not to give more accessories to Phastos, Sprite, Druig and Ajak. Sprite and Druig are pretty big outliers. Sprite is seen in the trailers with a knife and if Druig can control people. Just give him a mind-control head. You could say that Phastos's powers are too hard for Hasbro to represent, but when his powers involve building technology and innovation and they bothered to give Thena her weapons. There is no excuse here, Hasbro. Also what is up with their faces? Ikkaris's hair looks too wild compared to the trailer shots. Phastos and Kingo have puffy cheeks. Makkari's face does not do Lauren Ridloff justice. Sersi looks like a generic Asian woman. Ajak and Thena's faces looks generic. Sprite looks like Becky Jackson from Glee. Druig's is the only one whose face looks near identical to his actor.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:12 PM, Hogun said:

I am a curious for those who are planning on getting the Eternals wave. If you are going to cherry pick the characters or buy a complete set. I plan on having a complete set, but for now I have Ikkaris and Sersi pre-ordered. Also, another problem I have with this wave is the lack of accessories that represent their powers. While some of them do already come with power effect accessories i.e Ikkaris, Thena and Kingo and some do not need effects to represent their powers or they are too difficult to make into accessories i.e Makkari, Gilgamesh and Sersi respectively. Hasbro has no excuse not to give more accessories to Phastos, Sprite, Druig and Ajak. Sprite and Druig are pretty big outliers. Sprite is seen in the trailers with a knife and if Druig can control people. Just give him a mind-control head. You could say that Phastos's powers are too hard for Hasbro to represent, but when his powers involve building technology and innovation and they bothered to give Thena her weapons. There is no excuse here, Hasbro. Also what is up with their faces? Ikkaris's hair looks too wild compared to the trailer shots. Phastos and Kingo have puffy cheeks. Makkari's face does not do Lauren Ridloff justice. Sersi looks like a generic Asian woman. Ajak and Thena's faces looks generic. Sprite looks like Becky Jackson from Glee. Druig's is the only one whose face looks near identical to his actor.

I'm slowly getting the whole wave in, Sersi, Ikaris, Makkari, Phastos and Kro from GameStop, Sprite, Kingo and Druig are coming from Pulse, just waiting on Thena and Ajak. It would have been kind of cool to get some more accessories, namely some cosmic magic manifestations like we see Gilgamesh and Phastos use in the trailer, but I can see why they didn't give us a ton of stuff with this wave, as now having 5/11 in hand, I believe each one is a completely unique sculpt, so a lot of money must have gone into this wave. Honestly though, I can't really think of anything else I'd want, we don't know if the knife you mentioned is even going to be used by Sprite to any extent, it could just be something she finds in Makkari's place. I will agree on the heads though, Sprite's face looks really wide and her head looks too big for her body, and Makkari's face is just weird looking and not very accurate. Most of the others look fine to me though. 

Also, I only have 5 so far but they all look great, especially Ikaris, that metallic blue is absolutely gorgeous. And Kro is just an impressive looking figure. The others don't stand out as much as those 2, but I'm still really impressed with how intricate the designs on the suits are. Like I said, they're all complete unique, even down to the legs. Ikaris and Phastos do have the same feet though, and they look kind of out of proportion on Ikaris.

I plan on getting Kro, Sersi, Makkari and Thena (if I can), the rest are a no for me, I really like Kro, he looks badass, Sersi is a fine stand in for her comic version (I guess), and Makkari looks alright and Thena (not a bad stand in) as well, but mainly getting them because I collect female legends so its hard to pass, but with that in mind, Sprite looks like Alfred E. Neuman's child and is too awful to buy and Ajak is a maybe..if I ever see her (she can't be a good comic stand in since Ajak isn't anything like Selma), don't really want to try and struggle to hunt these or drop the dollars, there is plenty better Legends coming out soon enough.

I’ll get them all since they are MCU. I’m a completist so my shelf would have a noticeable gap OF 11 FIGURES.. (are you GD kidding me?!?) 

ive gotten some mild grief about getting figures I don’t like but it’s about the bigger picture for my collection. I want all movie / tv versions made. Look, I may not like these 11 specific figures much but they will add that.. I guess ‘intangible’.. to my overall MCU Collection. 

But.. I am going to use all my Amazon gift cards, all my Target points, or all my GameStop trade in credit to reduce the cost. 

On 9/27/2021 at 4:12 PM, Hogun said:

"... but for now I have Ikkaris and Sersi pre-ordered....another problem I have with this wave is the lack of accessories that represent their powers.....there is no excuse here, Hasbro. Also what is up with their faces? Ikkaris's hair looks too wild compared to the trailer shots... Sersi looks like a generic Asian woman...."

Man, all those errors you noted tell me these are reasons not to get these figures lol. But hey, to each his own. 

I've zero interest in any of these. If they bore even a fraction of resemblance to the comic, I might at least look at them. These are Eternals In Name Only. But even if their correct comic styles are never made, that's not make me feel I missed out. 

The paint colors came out really good though. 

On 9/27/2021 at 7:43 PM, SpiderS said:

Movie is supposed to have some very naughty scene according to ratings, which made it R in some countries, I wonder which character(s) are involved and if this will increase demand for that character(s) , But on serious note I'm still waiting for comics pack. It's very hard to like something  before you see it in the movie.

It’s only R in Russia and that’s just because Phastos is gay and they don’t like that.

I'm hoping beyond hope we see some comic versions of these characters soon. At least Sersi, Icarus, Makkari, Thena and Kro...possibly more. Might be a nice box SET exclusive somewhere. 

I always liked the classic Kirby designs. The Visuals in the comic were stunning but the comic/Story kind of escaped me at 10 years old. 

51VIHmZbCSL.jpg

Complete pass on this wave, been that way for me since the leaks started coming out last year.  Which is fine, lots of other ML product on the way, gotta save somewhere.  For me unfortunately it's the same thing that happened with Shang Chi, the trailers aren't giving me the same wow factor that the older stuff did and the figures aren't interesting enough to me to get me hyped on their own.  If the movie is great, I might regret it later, but that's a problem for another day.

I just posted in the Sightings thread that at three different Targets had 8 or more Druig figures. Only Druig. 8 of him. At three separate Targets.

i mean.. people complaine that Target did the same thing with Iron Man but, I mean, it’s Iron Man. And despite this, I’ve seen no sign of IM recently and he too was at one time, the only figure in the wave and 8+ on shelves. 

But, random kid will see Iron Man and want to have mom buy him. Can’t imagine Druig will entice the same reaction. Despite my overall “meh” feeling on this line I do admit the detailing is very nice. But kids don’t care about little carvings. There are sooo many in this wave that could be the next “Marvel’s Katy” and shelf warm until clearanced out. Like 9 of the 11 figures cold be “Marvel’s Katy”. 

I get why  Hasbro wanted to get this wave out all at once, I’m just worried about the big picture here.. Hasbro takes too big a hit on this wave and the next one gets cut backs to make up for that loss.. could be trouble.

Yeah, it's definitely shaping up to be a pegwarming wave.  I saw the same thing at my local Target, but with Sersi and Makkari instead.  Eight copies of each, no sign of any of the other figures either.  I think this could be a real problematic wave for Hasbro when it's over and done.