Jump to content

Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Tigra Figure Video Review And Images


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Today I take a look at the new Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Tigra figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.
 


Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 0.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 5.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 8.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 16.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 18.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 20.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 21.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 22.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 23.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 24.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 26.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 27.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 28.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 29.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 30.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 31.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 32.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 34.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Toy-Biz-Retro-Cardback-Tigra 35.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 12:16 PM, Atlantis said:

Yeah they did burn in that orange too much here....a more tawny color wouldve been better. I do think the torso and abs on the first one along with the amulet are better defineed and detailed vs. this new version. Otherwise she looks more or less accurate.

Yeah I totally will buy her coz is the only Tigra we will get in the next 8-10 years ... but the Orange is too much 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It also shows yet another problem with the flawed thinking the Hasbro Legends team seems to have towards female figures- limited articulation (even with the double jointed elbows) options. Because really, a figure like her should be way more flexible and capable of range of motion than it is. They need to have a female equivalent to the Sunfire mold, especially for the likes of Tigra, Black Widow, Mantis, Elektra, etc.). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 10:06 AM, Reno said:

"....honestly this review just made me make the decision to cancel my pre-order and stick with the original and save the $$$...."

Given the improved technology since 2012 (?) , not to mention the increased scrutiny and expectations from fans today, this version really should have blown the original out of the water. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 12:40 PM, Atlantis said:

It also shows yet another problem with the flawed thinking the Hasbro Legends team seems to have towards female figures- limited articulation (even with the double jointed elbows) options. Because really, a figure like her should be way more flexible and capable of range of motion than it is. They need to have a female equivalent to the Sunfire mold, especially for the likes of Tigra, Black Widow, Mantis, Elektra, etc.). 

Is sad that u say that coz this is the mold we will get for Feral, Wolfbane and any other furry female character ... (who else is missing? Hepzibah maybe?}

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Much needed review comparison, going with such unnaturally bright almost neon orange was mistake, yet body sculpt is great, albeit Old Tigra has much more realistic cleavage as JC mentioned. So I'm for sure will attempt giving Tigra repaint of sorts, and then maybe even transfer old upper body of previous Tigra on new one, to get the best of both worlds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dang GameStop/ FedEx.. cancelled my Dorkside order for Tigra last Friday because GS had her in stock with 2-4 day delivery. Well it’s scheduled to arrive tomorrow on the 5th day.. it’s been stuck in Ohio.. should learn to not to give in to my impulsive side. Ah well, cool to be getting new Avengers

agree with EVERYONE she is orange for sure.. not a deal breaker especially that she is sculpted so well. Her face especially, Tigra is gorgeous!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

looking through some images of her, she has been an red/orange before but never this bright. Ah well, she is still waaaaaayyyy better then the original. Sorry about this but if you think this is worse then that one (which is also in the wrong colors) then I don't know what to say.

The only reason I can think of why they made it this color is because tigers can be this color.

YB6aQqKZBVjtt3PuDSkJKe.jpg_113699330_a51acb47-5f21-482b-8513-18594Tiger_shutterstock.jpeg?h=398aa7e1&itok=

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 12:56 PM, tarot said:

".... Ah well, she is still waaaaaayyyy better then the original. Sorry about this but if you think this is worse then that one (which is also in the wrong colors) then I don't know what to say...."

Better than the one from 10 years ago, yeah. But really, not by that much. Certainly not as much as it should have been, given the factors I stated before. I didn't get that one because it was too yellow, the limbs are just gangly, dorky, and the face looks nothing like Tigra should. It was just BLAH.

At least this one isn't that. It could have been so much better though, even with the limitations of this mold. Ease up on the color intensity, throw in some shading and wash, detail the amulet better and honestly, a Byrne-style Tigra head sculpt wouldn't have been amiss. 

I'm glad the tail is movable!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too orange. Not pleased with the reduced chest and cleavage. Think I'll cancel my preorder because the figure is not a necessity for me.

Although I disagree with their drive to reduce busts and cleavage, it would be much easier to stomach if they were to reduce the musculature of the males as well. If you're going for realism (although a large bust is a much more common natural occurrence than excessive muscles), at least be even-handed with it.

But Marvel/Hasbro seems intent on making males ever more muscular for the gay male and straight female audience, meanwhile reducing the attractiveness of females for the straight male and lesbian audience. No thanks.

Be fair, Hasbro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think they put alittle too much cheeto powder on her for my taste. She looks like a pretty decent figure overall i suppose altho it seems both versions offer better things than the other. Toenails are painted on the old one but not the new one?!!? more tiger stripes on the old one!? more tone/definition on the old one?! New one has a better aesthetic imo aside from the cheeto. Just some weird omissions comparatively. That growling face I cant help but see it more as smelling something nasty than angry for whatever reason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 1:06 PM, Reno said:

This figure is nice, but honestly this review just made me make the decision to cancel my pre-order and stick with the original and save the $$$.

By the way, I'm not saying that I don't think this isn't an improvement over the original. It absolutely is. However there are details about the older one that I wish would have carried over to this one. For me, the new version just isn't enough better for me to justify spending yet another $25 on.

When a new character is made for the first time, I always buy it. I'm just not going to fall into this trap with Hasbro selling repeats of the same character repeatedly just because they made a few improvements. It's why I still have all of my Toy Biz figures, and for the longest time I only added Hasbro figures that Toy Biz had never done. I'm now slowly picking up Hasbro improvements here and there mostly though multi-pack and BAF waves where I'm purchasing new characters too, but even that took me time to accept to start doing. Hasbro was so bad in the beginning that I refused to buy any figures that I already had a Toy Biz version of. I definitely held onto that bias far too long, as they've really gotten to be outstanding over the last few years --- and I quite honestly was very slow to come around to that reality. I very purposefully collect one and only one version of each and every character ever made collectively by Hasbro/Toy Biz in this scale, have been at it for more than 20 years, and repeats drive me crazy (although I fully understand why they have to happen). I guess that I kind of have this crazy expectation that when they do a character for the first time that they do a good enough job that they don't need a re-do. For me, it's just too expensive to buy the exact same characters over and over again, especially when I've done the exact same thing for DC characters over the years through Mattel, DC Direct Collectibles and now unfortunately McFarlane (and their complete lack of concept of scale); and quite a few non Marvel/DC comic 6" (1/12th) scale figures from other companies as well.

This new Tigra is a fantastic figure, but it's certainly not perfect and I won't be shocked if there's another iteration at some point (nor shocked if there isn't). If not, I'm completely happy with my original and not spending another $25. If these figures were still under $10 like when I began collecting them in the late 90's, I probably wouldn't mind buying multiple versions as much -- but they're not.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep. Better, yes but i gotta echo all the same complaints. The super orange is unfortunate but not a deal killer, but the lack of curvature and muscle tone is irredeemable. If there was ever a place for a fuller figure model such as the Moonstone buck, this was the spot. Label me a Boob Lookah if you wish, cuz in all honesty I am, but I still understand not all women look the same, but the proper assets and attributes need to be applied where they're relevant. Though the previous effort suffered from a bad sculpt and bad scale, at least Hasbro understood the aesthetics of the character they were shooting for then. Another beautifully rendered face sculpt on a completely inaccurate body mold. This entire tone down, tone down, tone down and then town down one more time just to be safe is getting ridiculous. Where else is there a place to take a little bit more risk away from the gaze of the Big Box Store Karens than Fan Channel? Hell, Hercules is damn near nekkid and he has a fabulous pair of chesticles to boot. Ain't nothing wrong with it though cuz it's accurate and it looks to be awesome. Where the hell is the disconnect here? Beefcake good, cheesecake bad? Double standard much? I'd much rather live in a world full of Uber Women then a world where all the women are expected to look like pre-teen boys. Freakin' grow a pair already, Hasbro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 8:15 PM, monron999 said:

Yep. Better, yes but i gotta echo all the same complaints. The super orange is unfortunate but not a deal killer, but the lack of curvature and muscle tone is irredeemable. If there was ever a place for a fuller figure model such as the Moonstone buck, this was the spot. Label me a Boob Lookah if you wish, cuz in all honesty I am, but I still understand not all women look the same, but the proper assets and attributes need to be applied where they're relevant. Though the previous effort suffered from a bad sculpt and bad scale, at least Hasbro understood the aesthetics of the character they were shooting for then. Another beautifully rendered face sculpt on a completely inaccurate body mold. This entire tone down, tone down, tone down and then town down one more time just to be safe is getting ridiculous. Where else is there a place to take a little bit more risk away from the gaze of the Big Box Store Karens than Fan Channel? Hell, Hercules is damn near nekkid and he has a fabulous pair of chesticles to boot. Ain't nothing wrong with it though cuz it's accurate and it looks to be awesome. Where the hell is the disconnect here? Beefcake good, cheesecake bad? Double standard much? I'd much rather live in a world full of Uber Women then a world where all the women are expected to look like pre-teen boys. Freakin' grow a pair already, Hasbro.

All true. But sadly, this probably WAS the compromise. "We can release this character, but only if fan channel, toned down, and IF we release fan channel Hercules at the same time, to show we don't promote the straight male gaze." That's the corporate mentality right now, ripped straight from the Twitter mob.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2021 at 1:31 AM, NotNamed said:

All true. But sadly, this probably WAS the compromise. "We can release this character, but only if fan channel, toned down, and IF we release fan channel Hercules at the same time, to show we don't promote the straight male gaze." That's the corporate mentality right now, ripped straight from the Twitter mob.

Sad times we're living in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got my Tigra today. Yeah, the orange makes her look like she's the Cincinnati Bengals mascot, but she is a lot more full bodied than the old one. Her tail is still movable and gets too heads, so I'm satisfied. In this increasingly PC and feminized society, I'm not surprised at all her swimsuit has been made into a granny suit... the times we live in indeed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE