Spider-Man Marvel Legends Retro Collection Web-Man Video Review And Images

Outsiders

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Spider-Man Marvel Legends Retro Collection Web-Man from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_01.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_02.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_03.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_04.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_05.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_06.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_07.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_08.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_09.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_10.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_11.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_12.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_13.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_14.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_15.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_16.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_17.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_18.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_19.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_20.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_21.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_22.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_23.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_24.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_25.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_26.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_27.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_28.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_29.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_30.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_31.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_32.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_33.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_34.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_35.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_36.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_37.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_38.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_39.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_40.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_41.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_42.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_43.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_44.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_45.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_46.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_47.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_48.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_49.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_50.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_51.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_52.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_53.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_54.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_55.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_56.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_57.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Web_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_58.jpg

I like this figure too even though it is absurd. He reminds me of a video game alt skin you’d use if you and your best pal both wanted to be Spidey.

if I see him I’m probably buying. The color scheme speaks to me as well. It looks so good I wonder if Stan And Steve didn’t experiment with this scheme before deciding in the suit we all know and love today.

Has anyone had any trouble finding the single release fan channel figures? Actual retro WAVE figures have been easy to acquire but the stand alone ones have been near impossible to find. May have to stick with online purchases until the distribution gets better. That’s been the only way I found Dr Doom, She Hulk and Firestar

Im really surprised by this figure. I agree with HOGUN...One issue is all he appeared in.

I would love to see SO many other characters before this guy....but he must be on somebody's radar. 

If he were part of a wave Is be hacked that he took a space but Im glad he is a single release. 

On 9/29/2021 at 4:58 PM, Hogun said:

This guy pisses me off to no extension. He appeared in one ONE issue and this the loser Hasbro decides to give a toy to before me and my friends? Come on!

I'm all for zany and fun, but I'm also all about What Makes Sense. It took them nearly 20 years to do a classic Dr. Strange for example, and they still effed it up. Quicksilver had so many flaws, if you just take off his head you'd have no idea who he is supposed to be. Just some examples where I say, before you do this kind of thing, fix those first. And yeah, maybe do some figures people have been asking for forever...LIKE Warriors Three, LIKE Firelord, etc.

On 9/29/2021 at 7:58 PM, Hogun said:

He appeared in one ONE issue and this the loser Hasbro decides to give a toy to before me and my friends?

On 9/29/2021 at 9:36 PM, RyanDaly said:

the vintage wave Wasp was in a blue costume that the character wore for, I think, two largely forgotten issues.

So it all makes perfect sense. Right?  Put that with the knowledge that someone found an image of dr strange where his symbol was darker for about one issue which they have captured perfectly and that tigra might have been more orange for two issues and it all comes together lol. Hasbro be like oh you really want dr strange ok we’ll give you dr strange from issue F#*$ you and tigra too. 

On 9/29/2021 at 9:36 PM, RyanDaly said:

The Wasp has famously had, like, 70 costumes over the years, but there are a handful that lasted for significant chunks of time. And yet, the vintage wave Wasp was in a blue costume that the character wore for, I think, two largely forgotten issues.

🤷‍♂️

I love that the Wasp has had numerous costumes...however my favorite is the Red/Yellow costume from her appearance in Marvel Team up where Equinox debuted. 

Mtio060c.jpg

On 9/29/2021 at 7:43 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I love that the Wasp has had numerous costumes...however my favorite is the Red/Yellow costume from her appearance in Marvel Team up where Equinox debuted. 

She wore this for a good long time in the 70s too. I used to call it the "anti-Iron Man" suit because the colors were reversed from his.

P.S. Equinox did debut in Marvel Team-Up, but not the issues where Spidey, Yellowjacket & the Wasp ('77) were featured. Equinox showed up a few years earlier, versus the Human Torch and Iceman (circa '71). 

And where is our Equinox figure?? Like I've been saying, they need to do two variants: one with upper ice torso and lower flame, one with upper flame torso and lower ice. 

On 9/29/2021 at 11:43 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

On 9/30/2021 at 3:04 AM, Atlantis said:

She wore this for a good long time in the 70s too. I used to call it the "anti-Iron Man" suit because the colors were reversed from his.

it's also the costume she wore when Vision debuted and when she married Hank Pym. It's my favorite of her costumes, followed by her first appearance and then the look when she was chairwoman during the Stern/Buscema "Under Siege" era, which was the same as the red and yellow except the red was replaced with either black or dark blue.

On 9/30/2021 at 8:08 AM, RyanDaly said:

it's also the costume she wore when Vision debuted and when she married Hank Pym. It's my favorite of her costumes, followed by her first appearance and then the look when she was chairwoman during the Stern/Buscema "Under Siege" era, which was the same as the red and yellow except the red was replaced with either black or dark blue.

I thought the thing about Wasp is she was so into fashion and she was actually wealthy enough that she never wore the same costume twice. I'll admit I've never been the biggest Wasp fan so I've never kept all that much track of her outfits so I'm not the expert, but I thought that was a thing.

On 9/30/2021 at 2:24 PM, monron999 said:

I thought the thing about Wasp is she was so into fashion and she was actually wealthy enough that she never wore the same costume twice. I'll admit I've never been the biggest Wasp fan so I've never kept all that much track of her outfits so I'm not the expert, but I thought that was a thing.

it's true that she rarely wearing a costume more then once. The only one I can think of is the black and gold one that seems to be the default costume for her, then one both Hasbro and Toybiz made first.

On 9/30/2021 at 9:24 AM, monron999 said:

I thought the thing about Wasp is she was so into fashion and she was actually wealthy enough that she never wore the same costume twice. I'll admit I've never been the biggest Wasp fan so I've never kept all that much track of her outfits so I'm not the expert.

That eventually became the in-universe explanation for why she changed costumes so much. Because the Ant-Man/Giant-Man and Wasp features of Tales to Astonish never sold as well or were as popular as the stories about Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, Namor, etc. the writers and artists kept making changes to their costumes and such hoping that they'd crack the formula to make them as popular as Spider-Man (we see how well that turned out).

I think it was when George Perez took over as artist that he really leaned into the joke that her costume was always being altered and gave her a new look almost every issue. Perez loved to design costumes, although--and I say this as a fan--I don't think he was a great costume designer. Anyway, after that they made up the explanation that she was a rich clothes horse and designed her new costumes because she was so flighty and always trying to set a new trend. 

However, she did have a few notable costumes that lasted longer than others. Perhaps ironically, though, they're quite plain and nondescript compared to some of her other one-off looks.

tumblr_nai884rPk11rn55nzo1_500.jpg

I love this figure. It's a simple repaint for Hasbro but will look so good on the Spidey villains shelf. I'd love for them to bring this character back as a supporting villain, perhaps for a little longer run than 1 issue this time.

On 9/30/2021 at 8:32 AM, RyanDaly said:

That eventually became the in-universe explanation for why she changed costumes so much. Because the Ant-Man/Giant-Man and Wasp features of Tales to Astonish never sold as well or were as popular as the stories about Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, Namor, etc. the writers and artists kept making changes to their costumes and such hoping that they'd crack the formula to make them as popular as Spider-Man (we see how well that turned out).

I think it was when George Perez took over as artist that he really leaned into the joke that her costume was always being altered and gave her a new look almost every issue. Perez loved to design costumes, although--and I say this as a fan--I don't think he was a great costume designer. Anyway, after that they made up the explanation that she was a rich clothes horse and designed her new costumes because she was so flighty and always trying to set a new trend. 

However, she did have a few notable costumes that lasted longer than others. Perhaps ironically, though, they're quite plain and nondescript compared to some of her other one-off looks.

tumblr_nai884rPk11rn55nzo1_500.jpg

Great info. Didn't know that. Also a big fan of Perez. Not the best artist. Not the most fundamental or the best idea man, but he was consistent and timely and willing to take on any project. Consummate professional. A lot of todays artists can learn a thing or two from him. Plus he loved doing those giant scenes with dozens or heroes in them. You don't see many artists willing to take on so many faces, shapes and costumes at one time.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:37 PM, LordVenger said:

So it all makes perfect sense. Right?  Put that with the knowledge that someone found an image of dr strange where his symbol was darker for about one issue which they have captured perfectly and that tigra might have been more orange for two issues and it all comes together lol. Hasbro be like oh you really want dr strange ok we’ll give you dr strange from issue F#*$ you and tigra too. 

I know Marvel at one time at least had binders of character designs they could refer to. I feel like now Hasbro just has an intern google "old comic Dr. Strange" or "Classic comic Tigra." They look at the google image results that come back, and pick one that they think looks best or easiest.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:21 AM, NotNamed said:

I know Marvel at one time at least had binders of character designs they could refer to. I feel like now Hasbro just has an intern google "old comic Dr. Strange" or "Classic comic Tigra." They look at the google image results that come back, and pick one that they think looks best or easiest.

But... to accept that theory about googling.. you’d have to discount the box art team got it right

On 10/2/2021 at 12:49 AM, Satam said:

It's not a theory. They told Boog Nice that's how the pigtails head for Omega Sentinel got whitewashed when he asked about it. It's clearly a regular practice.

Oh I get that.. I’m just saying even if it’s a google policy, the box art team got Dr. Stranges costume right.. the demon is much much lighter in the artwork than the figure. So maybe one team googles th3 other team  Bings?

On 10/1/2021 at 8:49 PM, Satam said:

"...They told Boog Nice that's how the pigtails head for Omega Sentinel got whitewashed when he asked about it. It's clearly a regular practice..."

Only if you believe they weren't lying. 'Cause between over 20 years of making these figures, never mind seeing what toybiz did when they had the license, and just flat out ignoring the team's own personal years of reading Marvel comics, there's no way to blame this sloppiness on the notion that Hasbro uses a Google search as "regular practice" to produce this line.

What, did some google image show them how to eff up the Silver Centurion armor too? Was it google that told them Salma Hayek now has the body of some gangly pre-teen? 

Even if there were some image that showed the SC armor like that, they know that's not how its been shown in the comics. Any comic fan that has even the slightest knowledge of Dr. Strange, knows full well the costume they've shown is wrong. That Quicksilver they puked up, are you kidding me? Take the head off the costumed body, you have no idea who that is. Google search, my @$$.....

Uh-uh, no sale. It comes down to either lazy incompetence or deliberate "tweaks". Buy the figure that's almost right, and then buy it again, when they do it correctly down the road. 

On 10/2/2021 at 2:56 AM, Atlantis said:

Only if you believe they weren't lying. 'Cause between over 20 years of making these figures, never mind seeing what toybiz did when they had the license, and just flat out ignoring the team's own personal years of reading Marvel comics, there's no way to blame this sloppiness on the notion that Hasbro uses a Google search as "regular practice" to produce this line.

What, did some google image show them how to eff up the Silver Centurion armor too? Was it google that told them Salma Hayek now has the body of some gangly pre-teen? 

Even if there were some image that showed the SC armor like that, they know that's not how its been shown in the comics. Any comic fan that has even the slightest knowledge of Dr. Strange, knows full well the costume they've shown is wrong. That Quicksilver they puked up, are you kidding me? Take the head off the costumed body, you have no idea who that is. Google search, my @$$.....

Uh-uh, no sale. It comes down to either lazy incompetence or deliberate "tweaks". Buy the figure that's almost right, and then buy it again, when they do it correctly down the road. 

You know, I don't believe they were lying, but I also don't believe it was the entire truth, either. Google has no pictures of Karima with caucasian skin and light brown hair, and it doesn't explain those other things you mentioned. I, however, would not be at all surprised if using Google has become a more regular practice than going to actual artwork straight from the comics (or at least Marvel Unlimited). Why do ten minutes of research when you can do five? 🙄 One could call this lazy incompetence and get no argument from me, and there's surely other $#!@, too that goes into these boneheaded design choices: one of those "deliberate tweaks" would surely include Bobby Vala (or possibly Dwight?) deciding Kingpin just didn't look right unless he scaled out to about 7 1/2" feet tall.