Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary Wave Captain America Figure Revealed With Three More To Come

JayC

I predict the Iron Man will be the 80th version with the Tony Stark Head, the Horned Head and (my long time wish) the Bolted head. It may also come with the flight stand from the 2020 version with all the blast effects that it usually comes with as well as recolor Riri effect. Maybe some roller skates?

Hulk is harder as there is not much you can change with that hulk except the head. Maybe they will do a new/remake of Prof Hulk or something like that. Maybe Immortal Hulk parts or a Totally Awesome Hulk / Brawn head.

Have to wait on the Toad figure before I jump in glee.

On 10/4/2021 at 8:06 PM, tarot said:

I predict the Iron Man will be the 80th version with the Tony Stark Head, the Horned Head and (my long time wish) the Bolted head. It may also come with the flight stand from the 2020 version with all the blast effects that it usually comes with as well as recolor Riri effect. Maybe some roller skates?

As much as I'd like Hasbro to finally make a non-specific Tony Stark head, I can totally see them adapting Bob Layton's Tony for this release. The horned and bolted heads would be nice choices, but I would personally love to get the nose helmet. I've been vouching for ages for the nose helmet and the rollerskates to come as accessories.

I'm also crossing my fingers Hasbro takes notes from the Iron Man 2020 and Doctor Doom figures and make the main headsculpt one in which we can see the eyes under the slits. That'd be perfect.

IM bolted head would be great! 👍🏻 That horned mask is what I’m expecting though as well. And 30+$, I would hope he comes with new creative effects rather than the same old recycled crap that has come with like every IM figure. And that flight stand is ass, imo. Can’t even get WM to balance on.

On 10/4/2021 at 4:06 PM, tarot said:

Hulk is harder as there is not much you can change with that hulk except the head. Maybe they will do a new/remake of Prof Hulk or something like that. Maybe Immortal Hulk parts or a Totally Awesome Hulk / Brawn head.

Have to wait on the Toad figure before I jump in glee.

Agreed that there isn't much they can improve upon with the Hulk figure, except multiple heads and maybe better paint apps. I would love to see the SDCC head sculpt, but repurposed it with the hair from the Wolverine Hulk Two Pack. That could make for an even better Hulk.

On 10/4/2021 at 6:51 PM, Psychosomatic said:

Agreed that there isn't much they can improve upon with the Hulk figure, except multiple heads and maybe better paint apps. I would love to see the SDCC head sculpt, but repurposed it with the hair from the Wolverine Hulk Two Pack. That could make for an even better Hulk.

Not likely to happen, but I'd love if they sculpted a pair of alternate "patty cake-hands," just to make the Series 1 tribute complete.

In any case, it looks like I'll be buying Cap again. Not a problem, though. By giving the 80th sculpt a Retro-esque deco they've combined my two favorite Cap figures . . . plus an unmasked head. I just hope they haven't cut any holes in the shield to accommodate those effect pieces.

Amazing figure. Love that between this Cap and the recently announced Dr. Strange we are getting 70’s / 80’s era love for their unmasked heads. Great stuff Hasbro

I love the lighter blue uniform, this is my main display Cap for sure. 

Also echo the Matt Salinger likeness... first thing I thought when I saw him too. Crazy how many have seen that flick, bad as it was.

I figure a horned helmet or nose helmet plus a artist specific homage unmasked head for IM too. 

For hulk, be awesome if he is in the purple underwear from Avengers #1 and again years later.

regardless, if this Cap is any indication, this tribute wave will be amazing 

On 10/4/2021 at 3:14 PM, ADour said:

"....the horned and bolted heads would be nice choices, but I would personally love to get the nose helmet....and the rollerskates to come as accessories...."

That nose helmet was a ridiculous joke, especially when you could see his google eyes thru the slits.  Without the nose the eyes would be cooler. It wouldn't surprise me if its included, however. What they should do is have at least one where the faceplate is removable, revealing Stark beneath it, like they did back in the day. 

If they could make rollerskates with wheels that actually spin....now there's some more ridiculous goodness.

Iron-Man-Nose-Mask-1b.jpg

On 10/4/2021 at 8:22 PM, McHogan said:

For hulk, be awesome if he is in the purple underwear from Avengers #1 and again years later.

regardless, if this Cap is any indication, this tribute wave will be amazing 

DC7D3208-3891-4DB0-ABBE-1A73175C1697.jpeg

Yes! this is what I think/hope it’ll be. And that being the very comic book packed with series 1 Hulk could be something to acknowledge 🤷‍♂️.

My guess is that or what I’m hoping it *won’t* be, a default Hulk body repainted with dark blue jeans and white torn shirt layover. 🙄

On 10/4/2021 at 9:48 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

"...Almost makes me want them to not include Toad in this Anniversary wave and just have him in a regular wave..."

Toad never did much for me and the toybiz figure absolutely blew chunks, so the new team can't go anywhere but up for this one. A lot of collectors have wanted this fool, but if the quality of this Cap is any indication of what's ahead, they're gonna be on it like flies on zh1t. Mark my words.

On 10/4/2021 at 11:19 PM, Atlantis said:

Toad never did much for me and the toybiz figure absolutely blew chunks, so the new team can't go anywhere but up for this one. A lot of collectors have wanted this fool, but if the quality of this Cap is any indication of what's ahead, they're gonna be on it like flies on zh1t. Mark my words.

The leap frog buck will be utilized for Toad imo. Happy for those of you Toad fans but the character never did a thing for me and will be a huge pass. Only way I'm getting another Hulk is if it's the John Byrne version McHogan  posted. And it has to be on a smaller buck as well! Hulk wasn't 9ft tall back then.

On 10/4/2021 at 3:07 PM, watanabefan said:

I believe the ToyBiz Legends Ultron was actually supposed to be based on his appearance from the Ultimate Alliance video game, which was in development at the time. At least before they gave him a new head due to fan outcry. But if you look at the original version with the game model, it's a dead ringer. 

5Ww4iNn7RfBSAKU9mCF6-I2RK4KJmniGtSD7-u0Q

9ef55366fe8fee7b6185bb70362a5a5018e2e582

Oh I never knew that. Honestly don't mind that head 

On 10/5/2021 at 12:43 AM, NotNamed said:

I have Selects Immortal Hulk on pre-order, but I wonder if I should now hold off for 20th Hulk. I could really use a classic 80th Hulk, a Joe Fixit Hulk, or a 90s Professor Hulk.

I don't see them doing Hulk and not using the 80th body mold. I may be off but I'm thinking he'll be a similar figure with the darker skin tone like the one from that first wave.

So I finally got a chance to watch this video. Like most folks I'm not too pleased about the price point. That's a big price tag but what can you do? At least it comes with a lot of stuff. My biggest complaint is that shield. I love the colors but thanks to the accessories those big holes are going to be there. I display my figures more museum style and it's going to look dumb without the effects. Thankfully I have other shields I can try. Also, that electricity effect does nothing for me. Aside from filling those holes, it really doesn't make much sense as an effect to me. At least it's something I guess. Overall though, I can't wait. This is the ideal comic book Cap for me.

On 10/4/2021 at 12:14 PM, tarot said:

given what's coming with it, it's expected it to be expensive

What? Is there something they're not showing? What comes with this figure that commands an MSRP of 31.99? All I see is a rather average load-out for a Legends figure, except of course, the BAF piece has been replaced with a postcard. Getting kinda sick of Hasbro slapping a "Deluxe" or "Anniversary" sticker on a figure as an excuse to inflate their already over-inflated prices.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:52 AM, mako said:

What? Is there something they're not showing? What comes with this figure that commands an MSRP of 31.99? 

The answer is nostalgia. They know good and well that majority want this Cap and this color scheme. The only reason it's more is because thats what they want to charge.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:05 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

The answer is nostalgia. They know good and well that majority want this Cap and this color scheme. The only reason it's more is because thats what they want to charge.

Wrong, the answer is inflation. But that is certainly why it’ll sell well.

I’m guessing that’s the same shield that Venom Cap used.