The History of How Hasbro Egregiously Ruined the ToyBiz Marvel Legends Action Figure Line...

Benn

Anyone brave enough to buy this? I'm so tempted. I probably would've bought it for $5, but at $15? Instead I'll probably write a competing essay called The History of How Dr. Harrison Sachs Egregiously Ruined the Bookshop.org Self-Published Essay Medium, Why Self-Published Essays Are So Expensive And Are No Longer Affordable To Buy, And The Benefits of Avoiding Long Complex Titles That Demean Your Premise Through Obvious Gross Misuse of Hyperbole. He's got a lot of really terrible-sounding essays I'd be tempted to buy for much less money, actually. So, if anyone does go for it and feels like sharing the edited highlights here, I'm all ears (er, eyes).

"...why action figures are so expensive and are no longer affordable to buy..."

Does he teach master classes in how to use too many words?

No.  I'm interested in the subject and story, but the sloppy presentation keeps me from putting trust into any claims the author might make.  Also, I'm not sitting through 68 pages of "I'm a big boy and can use big doctor words".  Some random comment from his LinkdIn page:

As per work travel, it is far more efficacious to be able to work remotely whenever it is deemed viably possible to do so. People often neglect to factor in the enormous opportunity cost appertaining to traveling to a worksite.

He might be able to afford more toys if he hadn't spent money earning his Doctor of Business Administration from a for-profit university.

On 10/6/2021 at 4:32 PM, MonsterChris said:

"...why action figures are so expensive and are no longer affordable to buy..."

Does he teach master classes in how to use too many words?

No.  I'm interested in the subject and story, but the sloppy presentation keeps me from putting trust into any claims the author might make.  Also, I'm not sitting through 68 pages of "I'm a big boy and can use big doctor words".  Some random comment from his LinkdIn page:

As per work travel, it is far more efficacious to be able to work remotely whenever it is deemed viably possible to do so. People often neglect to factor in the enormous opportunity cost appertaining to traveling to a worksite.

He might be able to afford more toys if he hadn't spent money earning his Doctor of Business Administration from a for-profit university.

Yeah, the summary for this essay reads like that too: sentence after pointless sentence, full of unnecessary words. I can’t imagine the “essay” is anything but nonsense, but I’d still buy it for $5, just out of morbid curiosity. I mean, it has to be nonsense. Even if this guy didn’t specialize in verbose ramblings, the premise is just faulty. This wasn’t written in 2008, when Hasbro was still figuring Hingis out. It was written last year when Hasbro was at the top of their game.

On 10/6/2021 at 5:18 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Dr. Harry Sachs III? Wow 😂

Best name since my childhood neighbor Harry Ball. True story. And yes I was an immature prank caller who harassed him every weekend... 🤣

Plus I can refute any argument he has by posting a pic any gangly armed ToyBiz figure standing next to any modern Hasbro figure that looks like .. you know.. a human being..

nuff said

Considering that oil is used in the manufacturing of plastics, the Price of figures has gone up due to the price of oil and shipping cost of the containers bringing them in from China...am I incorrect in this assumption?  

Also, Looking back on the TB line, the figures look more like marionettes and the 30+ poa made many if not most figures look gangly and after a while, they had issues standing as they would eventually start flopping.  The female sculptures were atrocious in their attempts at sculpting the female face. Scarlet Mitch and Rogue can attest to that. 

On 10/11/2021 at 6:13 PM, Gigantor said:

Considering that oil is used in the manufacturing of plastics, the Price of figures has gone up due to the price of oil and shipping cost of the containers bringing them in from China...am I incorrect in this assumption?  

Also, Looking back on the TB line, the figures look more like marionettes and the 30+ poa made many if not most figures look gangly and after a while, they had issues standing as they would eventually start flopping.  The female sculptures were atrocious in their attempts at sculpting the female face. Scarlet Mitch and Rogue can attest to that. 

Actually we ship oil to China

On 10/12/2021 at 7:13 AM, Gigantor said:

In the Philippines, when Hasbro took over the license the price doubled overnight. Toybiz MLs at the time were about 500 Php (about $10 USD) but Hasbro's were 1000+ Php immediately. It's one of the reasons I quit collecting ML then (That and the gangly limbs and ugly ball hips). So I don't think oil was that big a factor.