Which Marvel Legends do you mostly collect?

leokearon

Which Marvel Legends do you mostly collect?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Marvel Legends do you mostly collect?

• MCU/Movie Figures
    • Comic Figures
    • Spider-Man Universe Figures
    • Avengers Universe Figures
    • X-Men Universe Figures
    • F4 Universe Figures
    • Street Level Figures
    • Cosmic Figures
    • Everything I'm a completist
    • Other

Simply, which figures do you mostly focus on getting. Do you only go for movie figures or are you a die-hard comic character collector? Do you only focus on part of the Marvel Universe like Spidey and his friends or the X-men? Or a you a completest who buys everything they can.

I’m mostly an Avengers guy so I’ll get all the Avengers i can get as long as they fit with what I’m building which is a more modern Avengers display but with everyone who’s been official Avengers members, so the GOTG 3000, Rick Jones, Whizzer, Mar-Vell, Marrina, Masque, Deathcry, Swordsman & Magdalene (from alt universe), Young Avengers, Avengers Idea Mechanics, Medusa, Singularity, Nico Minoru, Dazzler, America Chavez, Avengers World, Weapon H, Venom, Elsa Bloodstone, New WCA, US Avengers because some they retconned into not being Avengers anymore, and will also put them somewhere else. 
I also collect cosmic characters and street/Spider-Man characters, and am building a modern X-Men display to look like the House/Dawn/Reign of X. Also an F4 display with a lot of these displays bleeding and intertwining with each other 

On 10/7/2021 at 2:18 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

I’m mostly an Avengers guy so I’ll get all the Avengers i can get as long as they fit with what I’m building which is a more modern Avengers display but with everyone who’s been official Avengers members, so the GOTG 3000, Rick Jones, Whizzer, Mar-Vell, Marrina, Masque, Deathcry, Swordsman & Magdalene (from alt universe), Young Avengers, Avengers Idea Mechanics, Medusa, Singularity, Nico Minoru, Dazzler, America Chavez, Avengers World, Weapon H, Venom, Elsa Bloodstone, New WCA, US Avengers because some they retconned into not being Avengers anymore, and will also put them somewhere else. 
I also collect cosmic characters and street/Spider-Man characters, and am building a modern X-Men display to look like the House/Dawn/Reign of X. Also an F4 display with a lot of these displays bleeding and intertwining with each other 

I feel your pain.. I too am an Avengers collector and my goal is to get at least one version of every character who has ever been an Avenger. In Avenger comic worn suits preferably.  So I’ve had to buy terrible characters like Ex Nihilo, or fringe characters like Deadpool and Sabretooth to complete my Ultimate Avengers Collection. That’s right.. I gave a name to my obsession....

My era’s that are surprisingly needing quite a few key characters is the late 70’s and the entire 80’s & 90’s then I’m catching up on the later to modern years.

it is a bit overwhelming when you think how many are official Avengers but it’s been a fun journey.. we get fun surprises like a Rage every now and again and store exclusives have done a wonderful job of getting out long time Avengers lately ( Hercules, Tigra, Quasar.. maybe.. that may be a urban legend)

Cant wait to see what minor Avenger gets a spot next!

Hard to exactly limit that to one broad category anymore.  I'm definitely not a completionist, but I've got a lot of everything.  Started as a Spider-Man collector, and that's still the part of Legends that gets me to click a pre-order the fastest.  But I love the other street level stuff too, and anything cosmic, especially the Abnett and Lanning era characters are a close second to Spidey stuff.    

But.. for the official poll I voted MCU. Until the MCU Legends I’ve never wanted the supporting characters from any Property. But now I want everyone.. can’t believe in recent years we’ve gotten figures of Agent Ross, Happy, Trevor, MJ, Pepper, Agent Coulson, Luis(!,) on top of the major players. 

Never understood the fervor that Star Wars fans had for getting literally every alien that panned across the screen until   MCU Legends became the thing I’m most passionate about.

I’ll always collect every Avenger figure they release, even D- Man, as the Avengers will always be my favorite Marvel team. But the MCU has become an event for me..just like the  films ( but c’mon Disney.. you’ve got to do better than Shang Chi and the Eternals!!) 

On 10/7/2021 at 8:53 PM, greenlucario said:

Hard to exactly limit that to one broad category anymore.  I'm definitely not a completionist, but I've got a lot of everything.  Started as a Spider-Man collector, and that's still the part of Legends that gets me to click a pre-order the fastest.  But I love the other street level stuff too, and anything cosmic, especially the Abnett and Lanning era characters are a close second to Spidey stuff.    

Same. I picked MCU but in reality I’m equal parts MCU/ Avengers/ classic Marvel these days. 

But it does make  it easier to spread my collection out when so many characters have been Avengers but if Hasbro releases a classic version of any character from my comic collecting prime (80’s) I’m a sucker that will buy it without considering my self imposed boundaries .

I only do comic figures personally; but specifically the "classic" versions of the characters and the 90s X-Men roster.

But I'm also something of a "character-completionist," if Hasbro puts out a new comic-based character, then I want it.

I usually get all waves but I collect mostly comic figure or if there is a characters (like say the Eternals) that hasn't been made into a comic figure I would collect them as stand ins. not that I don't want to get MCU figure because alot of them are fantastic toys but I just don't have the space for them and then theres the money. That's is why I don't really mind if a BAF is a comic based figure I have to buy MCU figures as well.

As for what catergory I am, it's simple get very character I can, no matter how small a role.

On 10/7/2021 at 7:48 PM, McHogan said:

I feel your pain.. I too am an Avengers collector and my goal is to get at least one version of every character who has ever been an Avenger. In Avenger comic worn suits preferably.  So I’ve had to buy terrible characters like Ex Nihilo, or fringe characters like Deadpool and Sabretooth to complete my Ultimate Avengers Collection. That’s right.. I gave a name to my obsession....

My era’s that are surprisingly needing quite a few key characters is the late 70’s and the entire 80’s & 90’s then I’m catching up on the later to modern years.

it is a bit overwhelming when you think how many are official Avengers but it’s been a fun journey.. we get fun surprises like a Rage every now and again and store exclusives have done a wonderful job of getting out long time Avengers lately ( Hercules, Tigra, Quasar.. maybe.. that may be a urban legend)

Cant wait to see what minor Avenger gets a spot next!

Sabretooth never officially joined the Avengers, he was just in their custody and helped them out. I feel Ex Nihilo didn’t get much time to develop he was just thrown onto the team during Infinity and then the time skip happened and he was killed off same with Abyss. I enjoyed Hickman’s Avengers with that crazy cast, but not enough character development happened with some characters. I actually liked Deadpool’s short-lived Avengers membership 

for me it's the X-men figures and retro spider-man figures I buy MCU figures for my avengers collection because I love the mcu version of the avengers i just finished marvels what if loved it (great topic) by the way But yeah mainly x-men and the retro spider-man stuff is what i grew up with both are my favorites what I'd love more than anything is a dafne keen X -23 I really feel hasbro should have added her to that exclusive Logan and Charles 2 pack from the logan movie her performance was outstanding anyway that's another topic for another day but mainly X-men and Spider-Man marvel legends

On 10/7/2021 at 9:03 PM, McHogan said:

Same. I picked MCU but in reality I’m equal parts MCU/ Avengers/ classic Marvel these days. 

But it does make  it easier to spread my collection out when so many characters have been Avengers but if Hasbro releases a classic version of any character from my comic collecting prime (80’s) I’m a sucker that will buy it without considering my self imposed boundaries .

I definitely get that.  Even if it's a character I'm not as interested in, if it's a classic version or "definitive" I'll be all in.

Probably the weirdo here, my main priorities are the Ladies, mainly comic, but if a good stand in or just a nice looking figure comes along that gets a buy as well, secondly Symbiotes. I of course collect the other stuff which is anything I like to see on a shelf MCU or Comic but MCU gets a huge back seat, it's comic over movie everyday for me, I of course desire mainly overall the classic looks.

Only X-Men.

Though I do have a mostly "cosmic" shelf for Adam Warlock, Thanos and friends (Thor, Silver Surfer...Hulk) dedicated to my late brother 😇).

And with my X-Men Fandom, I had to get the X-Men movie figures (I loved the original cast) and I've cherry-picked other MCU characters that would've belonged there (Scarlet Witch) or that my brother loved (Charlie Cox Daredevil).

But mostly X-Men.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:51 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

Only X-Men.

Though I do have a mostly "cosmic" shelf for Adam Warlock, Thanos and friends (Thor, Silver Surfer...Hulk) dedicated to my late brother 😇).

And with my X-Men Fandom, I had to get the X-Men movie figures (I loved the original cast) and I've cherry-picked other MCU characters that would've belonged there (Scarlet Witch) or that my brother loved (Charlie Cox Daredevil).

But mostly X-Men.

Sorry about your brother. 

eh, i might as well be the real weirdo when i say i'm mostly invested on the MCU figures, not to say i won't get other figures though.

thing is i don't read comics that much i confess that, often i've been a movie/tv person, but that will not mean i wouldn't be invested on the comics, though in a way what got me into Marvel in general is likely The Avengers: earth's mightiest heroes cartoon from 2010 (which it would be amazing if we got Marvel legends out of that series which is super unlikely or just won't see daylight at all).

On 10/15/2021 at 6:32 PM, K9-K1N6 said:

eh, i might as well be the real weirdo when i say i'm mostly invested on the MCU figures, not to say i won't get other figures though.

thing is i don't read comics that much i confess that, often i've been a movie/tv person, but that will not mean i wouldn't be invested on the comics, though in a way what got me into Marvel in general is likely The Avengers: earth's mightiest heroes cartoon from 2010 (which it would be amazing if we got Marvel legends out of that series which is super unlikely or just won't see daylight at all).

That was a good show. Really cool intro and music if I remember correctly. 

Comic figures all the way. Clearly I love the Avengers, Spider-Man, FF & the X-Men, but I'll be first in line if they ever do the Golden Age heroes, not to mention the 70s, etc. I'd love the original Guardians of the Galaxy. Give me Mantis, Red Wolf, Killraven, Equinox, El Aguila, Nightshade, Moon Dragon, Dr. Spectrum! Obscure comic figures would be fantastic, so yeah, Woodgod, Red Rajah, bring 'em on. The line was always about the comics and yes, the MCU is good too, but we can't forget where it all came from. MAKE MINE MARVEL!

On 10/15/2021 at 8:06 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

Thanks man. Really appreciate that. I wish he was able to watch Infinity War. He loved those comics.

He was the one who introduced me (and our other younger cousins) into comics.

That's an awesome way of remembering him.