Marvel Studios Developing ‘WandaVision’ Spinoff Starring Kathryn Hahn

Outsiders

Sources from within have informed Variety that Marvel Studios is currently developing a 'WandaVision' spinoff starring Kathryn Hahn for Disney Plus.

Plot details are being kept secret but Hahn would reprise the role of Agatha Harkness in the series, which is described by sources as a dark comedy.  'WandaVision' head writer Jac Schaeffer would serve as the writer and executive producer on the project.

In 'WandaVision,' Hahn started out playing the role of Agnes, Wanda and Vision’s nosy neighbor, before it was revealed she was in fact Agatha, a powerful witch. In the Marvel comics and the series, Agatha is shown to have survived the Salem Witch Trials and is more than a match for Wanda, a.k.a. Scarlet Witch. When viewers last saw her in the finale of 'WandaVision,' Wanda traps Agatha in Westview by using her powers to force her to revert to her Agnes persona.

Kathryn_Hahn_WandaVision.jpg

Doesn’t mean it will ever see the light of day tho..

as a SUPPORTING character Agatha was fun.. try to get that “It was Agatha All Along” song out of your head now suckaaaaaa..

but as a lead? Or to delve deeper into the Salem 7, who are arguably Z  level characters?!? Ehhh.. I’ll give the MCU credit.. they have turned many characters into compelling, interesting characters.. but this entire project is a huge stretch..

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 7:59 PM, icematta said:

Well, for me and my relatives, it was a more interesting character than Wanda...

can't argue with that there, i may like Wanda but certainly Agatha stole the show to say the least 🤣