Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Tigra Figure Video Review And Images

Outsiders

GeeHangover takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Tigra from Hasbro.  This figure can be ordered from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_16.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_17.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_18.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_19.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_20.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_21.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_22.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_23.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_24.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_25.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_26.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_27.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_28.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_29.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_30.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_31.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_32.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_33.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_34.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_35.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_36.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_37.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_38.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_39.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_40.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_41.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_42.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_43.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_44.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_45.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_46.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_47.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_48.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_49.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_50.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_51.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_52.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_53.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_54.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_55.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_56.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_57.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_58.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_59.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_60.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_61.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_62.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_63.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_64.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_65.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_66.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_67.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_68.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_69.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_70.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_71.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_72.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_73.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_74.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Tigra_By_GeeHangover_75.jpg

She's still too bright and could've used the shading on the fur. Her passive head doesn't really invoke Tigra to me at all....her hair should be more flared. If this and Shriek are supposed to be their "new female body" then they still don't get it. Just like with Spider-Man, Captain America, and Thor, there are different bodies for different characters. Its not one size fits all. Is this really supposed to represent a character who's supposed to be around 5'9"-10"? That being said I do like this mold for Tigra, although the upper torso is too small, and why they didn't do the tiger amulet at least as well as hasbro's previous outing I have no idea. Still, looking forward to this one!!

I know boobs are a touchy (heehee, yes I’m twelve) subject but I agree with many reviewers that this new Hasbro version is lacking in this area. Chalk one up for ToyBiz, they at least got that part right. 

I agree the calm head doesn’t look much like Greer but oddly looks very much like a friend of mine. I know that’s a very personal reference but you’d have to trust me, can’t unsee it. I’d have preferred her Rage head not have the stripes and saw a video where someone used ..maybe nail polishes remover to get them off. Question for customizers.. does that work? I think the head is cast in orange so it wouldn’t fade the head but what chances am I taking by attempting this?

On 10/7/2021 at 12:19 PM, Atlantis said:

"....er passive head doesn't really invoke Tigra to me at all....her hair should be more flared...."

This picture represents Tigra in a relaxed, passive state... better than what we're getting, more fitting. Again the alt head isnt horrible, just could have been more in line with her personality. Said the same about She Hulk.

Tigrar.jpg

I still think despite some odd issues, like the super saturated bright orange, I think this figure is amazing, I think it surpasses the former release heavily, I don't even have this figure yet myself, but it feels like it's one of my favorite of the year, but that's me being kinda biased since it's a figure I've wanted to see them re-do since forever, and my main ML collection is comic females, so this does a ton for me.

I'm going to be my usual self and say this is a crap release. I'm sorry but the color looks like someone with a severe sunburn and in no way feels like someone covered in fur. The headsculpts look awful, especially the way they did her hair and her eyes look very slanted. Also, how hard would it have been to sculpt her top and bottom? I know it's probably cheaper to paint those on but as bare as she looks, they really needed to do something to break her line. Worst of all, is there's a female who needed more articulation, I don't know who it is. Hasbro has got to get the ladies reworked. The Power Rangers females have better range than this, can we not borrow from that? Come on guys.

Tigra is at best a B-list Maybe even C- list character in Marvel comics who's claim to Fame was being a WCA. Hasbro ain't gonna blow extra cheddar on her figure. A list characters get the deluxe supreme car wash, B & below get the basic package. She's fine as is. Highly doubtful Hasbro makes anymore figs of her except as a repaint, if that.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:49 AM, Benn said:

Her clothes definitely appear to be sculpted. Look at the neck line, and look at the teeth on the side of her bikini bottom. Those aren’t painted on.

I'm not seeing it. I even zoomed in and to me it just looks like paint. The teeth are sculpted but everything else looks flat with no edges.

On 10/10/2021 at 7:03 AM, Gigantor said:

"....Tigra is at best a B-list Maybe even C- list character in Marvel comics who's claim to Fame was being a WCA. Hasbro ain't gonna blow extra cheddar on her figure. A list characters get the deluxe supreme car wash, B & below get the basic package...."

Not seeing your reasoning here. Maverick is at best a C-list character and has one of the most intricate, complicated (and not resuable) costumes ever, and yet they made him letter perfect. He's right off the page. So if he could get the "deluxe supreme" treatment then surely she should have. There's nothing all that complicated about her at all.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:23 PM, LordVenger said:

Because they should. Though I doubt they see it that way. 

Right....And there's no "extra mile" required.  This is a baffling mentality to me. Just do it right. I mean if the thinking is only "upper tier" figures deserve actual "quality" attention, then why the hell are any of you paying the same money for all the other figures in a given wave?

On 10/11/2021 at 4:58 AM, Atlantis said:

Right....And there's no "extra mile" required.  This is a baffling mentality to me. Just do it right. I mean if the thinking is only "upper tier" figures deserve actual "quality" attention, then why the hell are any of you paying the same money for all the other figures in a given wave?

Some characters have more elaborate & detailed costumes & some such as classic Black Panther or Punisher don't.  Psycho-man has an elaborate look, so they put more effort into the sculpt. Tigra sports a bikini, what more did you want them to do there?

On 10/11/2021 at 9:45 AM, Gigantor said:

"...Tigra sports a bikini, what more did you want them to do there?..."

Off the top of my head:

-Head sculpt should have more cat-like eyes, the resting head's hair is just too flat....it looks nothing like Greer

-Hard to see the "fur" on Tigra but above all, that retina-burning orange should have been toned down; some shading here and there, like they just did for Ursa Major.

-Upper torso is just too small; even the previous hasbro effort was better. I could maybe overlook that, if they had at least done the tiger amulet better. Again, refer to the much more primitive figure from years ago. They got it right

-Claws should have some kind of paint....for cryin out loud....how did they miss that....

What more do I want them to do? How about showing the same kind of quality for this figure, that's  "just wearing a bikini", as they did for the guy who's just wearing speedos and a harness? How about that?  I can just imagine the posts on this forum if they had skimped on Hercules the way they did Tigra.

Its not a bad figure, its not. But they could easily have done better with just a bit of effort.

On 10/10/2021 at 5:27 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

"...color looks like someone with a severe sunburn and in no way feels like someone covered in fur....how hard would it have been to sculpt her top and bottom?....if there's a female who needed more articulation, I don't know who it is. Hasbro has got to get the ladies reworked. The Power Rangers females have better range than this....."

You nailed it.

To repeat: just show the same kind of quality and attention to detail to the one "just wearing a bikini" as they did for the dude just wearing speedos. 

On 10/12/2021 at 10:14 PM, Atlantis said:

You nailed it.

To repeat: just show the same kind of quality and attention to detail to the one "just wearing a bikini" as they did for the dude just wearing speedos. 

Absolutely. Any and all figures should get the same level of detail and attention as any other figure.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:47 AM, Gigantor said:

The one wearing "speedos" has been a more prevalent character in the Marvel universe than werewoman in bikini ever has.

None of that matters. These are all products and each one should be approached with the highest quality and attention to detail. Just because Namor has been in more comics and had a more regarded legacy doesn't mean a figure of him should be dealt with any differently as it is product someone will purchase. And bottom line, somewhere out there is a person who loves Tigra and considers her their favorite character and that person deserves just as good a product as the fan of Namor or any A-list character.

It's all well and good to want every character to get the best rendition possible, but it's not going to happen at this line's price-point. If people start being okay with $40 or $50 figures, I'm sure Hasbro can squeeze in plenty of extra accessories and make sure every character gets a uniquely tailored sculpt, but to get the $20ish price-point, sometimes sacrifices have to be made. I don't like it either, but it is what it is. That doesn't necessarily specifically address the concerns here, as I'm pretty sure this did get a uniquely tailored sculpt and most of the other complaints are pretty subjective (and not really related to costs), but--in general--it's true.