Jump to content

Marvel Legends Captain Carter (Stealth Suit) Target Exclusive Figure Revealed


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/22/2021 at 12:23 PM, JohnF said:

If the hair was accurate then this would've been a more complete release, which should be the case here considering that everything is reused. A new head or a new hairpiece, wouldn't have been so troublesome. 

The shield is wrong, too. She uses her red white and blue shield on that mission.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else notice how this figure is already on sale, after the first What If?...aired 4 months ago...

Yet its been 15, 20 years since we've seen the likes of classic Dr. Strange, Ultron (and yes Strange is on the way and we finally got Ultron, but still, look how long it took),  Yellowjacket, Annihilus, Spiral, Toad. And we've never seen a Legends Firelord, Wonder Man (original suit or safari jacket), Starjammers, Red Wolf, Warriors Three, Moon Dragon...don't even get me started on how we still don't have our Golden Age guys in their first appearance outfits.

Making an observation, and yes, grousing too. I love my Captain Britain and Hydrostomper, so glad that they were done. Just wanna see more actual legends before another 10 years goes by!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2021 at 12:00 AM, Atlantis said:

Anyone else notice how this figure is already on sale, after the first What If?...aired 4 months ago...

Yet its been 15, 20 years since we've seen the likes of classic Dr. Strange, Ultron (and yes Strange is on the way and we finally got Ultron, but still, look how long it took),  Yellowjacket, Annihilus, Spiral, Toad. And we've never seen a Legends Firelord, Wonder Man (original suit or safari jacket), Starjammers, Red Wolf, Warriors Three, Moon Dragon...don't even get me started on how we still don't have our Golden Age guys in their first appearance outfits.

Making an observation, and yes, grousing too. I love my Captain Britain and Hydrostomper, so glad that they were done. Just wanna see more actual legends before another 10 years goes by!

It's the same reason Marvel realise Tie-ins for most of the shows and movies, it's to get more sales by cashing in on the hype. For Hasbro comic figures can be made whenever but for movie and tv figures there is a short window to get the product out so it will sell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2021 at 11:46 AM, leokearon said:

It's the same reason Marvel realise Tie-ins for most of the shows and movies, it's to get more sales by cashing in on the hype. For Hasbro comic figures can be made whenever but for movie and tv figures there is a short window to get the product out so it will sell.

Exactly. Movie figures have an expiration date of sorts. This Carter will be much more likely to get bought now off the recent hype of the show than if she were released further down the line. Starjammers fans will be just as likely to buy those figures in 10 years as they are now, etc. Comic and movie lines are two different beasts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2021 at 7:00 PM, Atlantis said:

Anyone else notice how this figure is already on sale, after the first What If?...aired 4 months ago...

Yet its been 15, 20 years since we've seen the likes of classic Dr. Strange, Ultron (and yes Strange is on the way and we finally got Ultron, but still, look how long it took),  Yellowjacket, Annihilus, Spiral, Toad. And we've never seen a Legends Firelord, Wonder Man (original suit or safari jacket), Starjammers, Red Wolf, Warriors Three, Moon Dragon...don't even get me started on how we still don't have our Golden Age guys in their first appearance outfits.

Making an observation, and yes, grousing too. I love my Captain Britain and Hydrostomper, so glad that they were done. Just wanna see more actual legends before another 10 years goes by!

Agree, while I love the releases we’ve gotten, truly the D+ shows have been an embarrassment of riches, it does get frustrating that some long established characters are overlooked because a writer for a tv show thought he could use one character over  another and Hasbro jumped on the bandwagon and dropped some product. 

Honestly I would have skipped the What If? Wave altogether if it weren’t technically MCU and my mental laziness couldn’t decide if I would add them to my collection or not haha. 

Kinda feel the same way about other recent characters ( for arguments sake, the last decade or so ) like Miles and Null getting Legends love before the Warriors Three or Wonderman. While being equally annoyed / while still loving the new additions to my MCU collection that the movie versions of the Eternals or say, white Vision gets new figures while comic versions are no where to be found. Well ok, white Vision is on the way but truthfully the upcoming isn’t Hasbro’s best work

its been awesome when Hasbro does give us a long awaited character like Quasar but sure does seem that with the crazy release schedule Hasbro has embarked on lately that we’d see more fan favorites more often rather than new versions of characters we’ve already gotten

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2021 at 2:10 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Exactly. Movie figures have an expiration date of sorts. This Carter will be much more likely to get bought now off the recent hype of the show than if she were released further down the line. Starjammers fans will be just as likely to buy those figures in 10 years as they are now, etc. Comic and movie lines are two different beasts. 

Agree with this as well. Strike while the Iron is hot and that sort of thing. I’m complaining ( while not really complaining) that the D+ shows have gotten some of the best representation from Hasbro ( outside of the head-scratching decision that was the a Eternals wave.. all my local stores are STILL flooded with them!). But these versions are months old!! Safari Jacket Wonderman is decades old.. how about some love for those amazingly ridiculous 60’s designs!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE