Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Hercules Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Hercules from Hasbro.  This figure can be pre-ordered from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_16.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_17.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_18.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_19.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_20.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_21.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Hercules_By_Erivera94_22.jpg

Ridiculous outfit, what clown designed this? Its a harness fer zeus's sake, is he out plowing the field or something? I've said it before, they've never given him an outfit that looks anything like what a greek god would wear, but its all irrelevant... because it looks EXACTLY LIKE THE COMIC and that's what I want!  YES! Wonderful job! I do hope when they get around to his classic Marvel costume, they'll use this exact mold. No reason not to. And I love that mace!

Love this figure even more. Glad it scales out much better than it looked in previous reviews. Can't wait till mine gets here.

I like the fact that they're starting to include multiple reviews and reviewers for the same figure. I had a feeling the pictures provided by a previous reviewer (forgot who it was) where they stood this figure next to the modern version were a little misleading because from what I've heard the two stood just about even.

Erivera94 is quickly becoming one of the more polished reviewers along with Sharty and MCU Collector. Some people make fun of his accent but that guy's my people so it doesn't bother me. His reviews are solid, to the point, and he includes all the information needed to make an informed choice, plus the one thing he does best, whenever at all possible, is give great side by side comparisons to other versions of that character, and better yet, to characters of similar size and build (ie. Thor). I would really love a more in-scale redo of that version of Loki, though.

Great review and great pics. I got more insight from these fewer pics than many of those reviewers who include 100+ pics. Goes to show quality trumps quantity 9 out of 9 times. A lot of reviewers could learn a little something from Erivera94.

Happy to get this Herc, I like it so much better than the recent modern one. Two heads (one with his goofy smirk nails a big part of the characters personality from the comics) and his adamantium mace really invoke his 80s Avengers run for me. I feel confident we will get his classic original comic outfit now that they have a great buc for him. Hope I get mine before the Holidays. 

Great fun looking figure, very happy to be getting this soon, I passed on the previous modern take, it just wasn't the right Herc for me, so I'm glad they revisited him so soon after with this classic look, it's goofy and that's how it should be honestly I always thought he was a corny character in general personality and looks, and this captures that vibe perfectly.

On 10/11/2021 at 1:26 AM, LordVenger said:

What Loki is he pictured with?

That Loki was in a weird spot from Marvel Legends. Like Erivera said, it wasn't quite return of Marvel Legends just yet but I believe it was somewhere in line with the movie. I think it was actually referred to as Hasbro Thor Series. I think it was just that Hasbro basically had the Marvel master license so they decided to actually do something with it. It was a strange set in that most of the figures in the wave were much bigger than even today's ML. There was some good stuff in that wave but it just scales way too big for today's line.

marvel-legends-comic-series-loki_1_4e298d057c9975e42e71fe16d828be6b.jpg

On 10/11/2021 at 4:12 AM, monron999 said:

That Loki was in a weird spot from Marvel Legends. Like Erivera said, it wasn't quite return of Marvel Legends just yet but I believe it was somewhere in line with the movie. I think it was actually referred to as Hasbro Thor Series. I think it was just that Hasbro basically had the Marvel master license so they decided to actually do something with it. It was a strange set in that most of the figures in the wave were much bigger than even today's ML. There was some good stuff in that wave but it just scales way too big for today's line.

I have gotten rid of everything in my collection that doesn't really fit with today's Legends, and this one made the cut and still looks fantastic (the head sculpt is just top notch), and probably still scales because he is an Asgardian. 😉 

On 10/11/2021 at 10:44 AM, Psychosomatic said:

I have gotten rid of everything in my collection that doesn't really fit with today's Legends, and this one made the cut and still looks fantastic (the head sculpt is just top notch), and probably still scales because he is an Asgardian. 😉 

I can somewhat relate. That's pretty much the only one I kept as well, just cuz it looked so damn good. I still say he's way too big for Loki because he's always been portrayed as a much thinner body style and much smaller than Thor. Much like the Wrecking Crew figures, as good as the sculpt is, he's just too big. Also, if I remember correctly, he has those goofy nonsensical swivel ankles rather than the superior ankle rocker.

On 10/11/2021 at 6:12 AM, monron999 said:

Thanks monron.  He has a great look to him. Somehow I don’t remember him. 

On 10/11/2021 at 10:28 AM, monron999 said:

I can somewhat relate. That's pretty much the only one I kept as well, just cuz it looked so damn good. I still say he's way too big for Loki because he's always been portrayed as a much thinner body style and much smaller than Thor. Much like the Wrecking Crew figures, as good as the sculpt is, he's just too big. Also, if I remember correctly, he has those goofy nonsensical swivel ankles rather than the superior ankle rocker.

Yes, on all accounts. The ankles are funky, and he is a bit taller than I would like, but I still love him! However, the Classic Loki (that is about to be re-released in the Retro wave) might be better scaled in height, but they put that one on WAY too big of a buck (it is actually bulkier than the old one we are referring to)... so, I am keeping both, but I still prefer that old one.  Hoping they give Thor's supporting characters more attention over the next couple years - I would love anything from War of the Realms (I have about 5 custom Frost Giants under construction because I couldn't wait any longer).

On 10/13/2021 at 8:21 PM, Psychosomatic said:

Yes, on all accounts. The ankles are funky, and he is a bit taller than I would like, but I still love him! However, the Classic Loki (that is about to be re-released in the Retro wave) might be better scaled in height, but they put that one on WAY too big of a buck (it is actually bulkier than the old one we are referring to)... so, I am keeping both, but I still prefer that old one.  Hoping they give Thor's supporting characters more attention over the next couple years - I would love anything from War of the Realms (I have about 5 custom Frost Giants under construction because I couldn't wait any longer).

I was lucky, I picked up 8 of the MU Frost Giants on clearance when I stopped at a Walmart in NM coming back from vacation. Sold off or gave away most of the 4" Loki's that came with them. They are undersized for my 6" ML in my opinion, but in the interest of saving precious space I'm content with them. Plus, they've been portrayed in many various sizes in the comics.