Pinless Marvel Legends

Legender

POV:

Are you planning to buy AGAIN "all/the most" of the characters that previously had Legend figure just for the new pinless technology?

Hasbro is already scratching the bottom of the barrel with in a few characters, so the next step in the bussiness is to give us the same characters with "updated" mold.

I'm not dying for replacements on most of my figures, and probably wouldn't upgrade just for pinless. That said, there are definitely some figures I'd look forward to seeing revisited, and if pinless is the impetus to get us there, I'm okay with it. I honestly think Hasbro has many, many, many years worth of characters and costumes to explore before the line gets stale and needs to lean heavily on re-dos. Even just with X-Men alone, which is my focus, there are hundreds of not-yet-done (at least in the modern era) characters and looks I'd be happy to see.

Not unless the original figure gets a clear upgrade.  Pinless tech for me is like a bonus, a nice thing when its there, but not so needed that I'm going to re-buy everything.  It's the same thing with the retro Spidey mold.  Most of the collection is now on either the Pizza Spidey or Sunfire molds, I'm not about to replace every one of those costumes with a retro Spidey re-do only for pinless Spidey to show up in a year or two.  

On 10/11/2021 at 5:33 PM, greenlucario said:

Not unless the original figure gets a clear upgrade.  Pinless tech for me is like a bonus, a nice thing when its there, but not so needed that I'm going to re-buy everything.  It's the same thing with the retro Spidey mold.  Most of the collection is now on either the Pizza Spidey or Sunfire molds, I'm not about to replace every one of those costumes with a retro Spidey re-do only for pinless Spidey to show up in a year or two.  

Well the new mold is going in that direction: Black Costume, Ben Reilly Spiderman, but they dont come with a lot of extra accesories, actually they bring less, but in a brand new package ... 🙄

I wouldn't, I don't really care about Pinless, sure make new figures with it, but I'm not about to go buying figs I have that look good just for a Pinless tech.

if it was a complete upgrade not just Pinless and was a new mold that better represented the character I'd probably bite.

On 10/11/2021 at 3:45 PM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I'm to the point that I have my personal most iconic looks for each character. I won't be buying anyone again unless it's a huge improvement over what we already have. Pinless doesn't make or break it for me but if it's a vastly superior mold or something, I'd consider.

All of this!

On 10/11/2021 at 7:51 PM, Legender said:

Well the new mold is going in that direction: Black Costume, Ben Reilly Spiderman, but they dont come with a lot of extra accesories, actually they bring less, but in a brand new package ... 🙄

Yep, and I'm sure they'll put out as many iterations as they can on that mold.  I'd say a Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider and a Kaine Scarlet Spider would be among the only repeats I'd consider.  

Agree with many above, pinless doesn’t make or break a figure for me. 

Honestly, I don’t really notice the pins, even on the blatantly wrong color like every Spidey ever. I mean, they are action figures, it’s to be expected they’d have visible pins.

Now, if say Deluxe versions like the ToyBiz throw back Cap, had gone the extra mile and it was part of the reason for the cost increase and he IS clearly an upgrade over even the awesome 80th version, I wouldn’t say “no” to pin-less.. 

It really depends on design, it’s very hard to see pins on very dark  figure for the most part but whenever figure gets brighter it gets so much more uglier, pins on skin tones look especially horrible be it Thor, Namor, Hercules, legs of Gwen/Moira Jean and of course Spider-Man being the  prime offender and continuing to do so with Ben figure, which is infuriating.  Another thing is that Hasbro has some very huge and ugly pins that stand out while pailess makes puts Hasbro figures on slightly higher end level, so I will def update Spidey, Thor, Namor and a  lot of female charters that now will have double joint elbow, which also means more solid knees that don’t bend like gummy worms. 

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not, at least for most of the male figures. The joints on female figures tend to be the ones that I have trouble with; so for them, it's a maybe.

I imagine that the Nova/Shriek body will become the new standard for the ladies in the future.