Will Poulter To Play Adam Warlock In 'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3'

Outsiders

Wow, I said it before, this is some bizarre casting. But then they have Rooker as Yondu, which tells us they don't care about getting anywhere near close to the comic.

The original Guardians have virtually zero resemblance to what's on the screen. Still, I hope somewhere, somehow (we did get a Vance Astro) the Legends team will give us the original team!

I'm cool with it, always been a fan of Sly! And yes, that he in no way bears any resemblance to the comic version of Star Lord...again, I'm detached from it, and for GOTG it's worked wonders as these films have been both entertaining and amusing. 

As always though....what I get most from these castings is the hope that we'll see classic ML versions; I've wanted an action figure of classic Starhawk for 40 years, man. The dream of course would be a two pack of him and his wife, but in her mini skirt with her feathered-bobbed disco hairdo, ala Ms Marvel. Plus, more classic team members period; my ML Vance is so lonely it's just...sad, lol.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:54 AM, Air-Walker said:

I'm cool with it, always been a fan of Sly! And yes, that he in no way bears any resemblance to the comic version of Star Lord...As always though....what I get most from these castings is the hope that we'll see classic ML versions; I've wanted an action figure of classic Starhawk for 40 years, man...."

If I'm casting:

Vance Astro- Steven Strait

Martinex- Damson Idris

Charlie-27- Hafthor Bjornsson

Yondu- Brian Tee

Starhawk- Alex Roe

Nikki- Molly Burnett

For figures, I think Vance needs a re-do...the one we have is just way too big. Although I guess we're lucky we got one at all!

I don't know if I'd put any of these on the upcoming Vulcan buck. Maybe Yondu? Starhawk's the tallest, so it would be on the white Magneto model. I can see Martinex on the latest modified Iceman, Nikki on the Blink. Charlie could have the Armadillo torso, and arms/legs shouldn't be an issue.

On 11/15/2021 at 3:32 PM, Atlantis said:

If I'm casting:

Vance Astro- Steven Strait

Martinex- Damson Idris

Charlie-27- Hafthor Bjornsson

Yondu- Brian Tee

Starhawk- Alex Roe

Nikki- Molly Burnett

For figures, I think Vance needs a re-do...the one we have is just way too big. Although I guess we're lucky we got one at all!

Works for me. And I agree about Vance! Too big, no fists and that weird 'old man' face he has. I think a verrry smart idea would be to include a re-do in a box set.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:15 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I remember he was in it, but wow I didn’t realize who they all were 🤦‍♂️ Not even Martinex lol. 🤫

spacer.png

Yup old team showed up for a brief bit

Aleta, Krugarr, Martinex, Charlie 27 & Mainframe

funny enough Mainframe was voiced by Miley Cyrus 😄

I do hope we see this team play a bigger role in the 3rd movie, obviously we know Stakar will but..let's hope they all do.

On 11/15/2021 at 8:56 PM, MarvelousFan87 said:

I can see him in the role. He might just be able to pull it off. 

Given who Star Hawk was in Marvel Presents, and the Defenders, and compared to Stallone's  body of work over the last 40-50 years, I can't see how anyone could think he could do that part. In the brief snippet we already saw he certainly didn't do it (but then that part wasnt written as Starhawk anyway). 

What Gunn has done is make the original team Guardians in name only. Its similar to what they've done with the star trek franchise. The logo's there, the name's there, but that's about it. 

Fans who didn't know there was a team that started it all, likely won't care. For the rest of us, when we hear the phrase "One -Who-Knows" we know exactly who that is.

Regardless of what they do in the movies, I really really wanna get the original team in 6" Legend form! They gave us a Vance Astro, and back when the 4" Marvel Universe was running, we got him AND Yondu (in their classic look). It used to seem that if the 4" version was made the 6" was just around the corner. Sadly that didn't happen. But with new tech these days, maybe they'll do it and up and it'll be worth the wait.

On 11/16/2021 at 2:53 AM, Atlantis said:

Given who Star Hawk was in Marvel Presents, and the Defenders, and compared to Stallone's  body of work over the last 40-50 years, I can't see how anyone could think he could do that part. In the brief snippet we already saw he certainly didn't do it (but then that part wasnt written as Starhawk anyway). 

What Gunn has done is make the original team Guardians in name only. Its similar to what they've done with the star trek franchise. The logo's there, the name's there, but that's about it. 

Fans who didn't know there was a team that started it all, likely won't care. For the rest of us, when we hear the phrase "One -Who-Knows" we know exactly who that is.

I think the amount of changes directors and producers might feel safe making to characters in the MCU is largely determined by how many people in their audiences give a sh1t about the source material.  I feel for the fans of the Guardians of the Galaxy comics because I know just enough about GotG to know that, as you say, their MCU counterparts are mostly the characters in name only.  But since it's the Guardians of the Galaxy who have a pretty small fanbase compared to Captain America or Iron Man, the changes to the characters are much more palatable to more people.

I see this phenomenon demonstrated very well in Justice League.  It seemed to me that a lot of people I talked to were upset that Batman was swigging whiskey and mowing down bad guys with machine guns (rightfully so), but many of those same people cared a lot less about Aquaman being also very out-of-character.  I feel kind of bad saying that because Jason Mamoa comes across as such an earnest, enthusiastic guy and he did a great job with the part as written.  But, as written, it wasn't Aquaman.  And I happen to very much give a sh1t about Aquaman.  But then Justice League is such a dumpster fire, it's hard to know where to start with the criticisms.  Mamoa would have made a fantastic Hawkman or Orion...sigh.

I really feel you on the Star Trek thing too, but it was honestly all downhill anyway once Berman took charge.  Suddenly money, war, religion, and all the other sh1t I tune into Star Trek to get away from started pouring in.  The new movies really are good movies, but definitely not Star Trek.  On the other hand, that departure didn't come out of nowhere.  It had been going that way for decades.  I think a revival of the original crew just kind of highlighted it.

On 11/16/2021 at 1:53 AM, Atlantis said:

Actually, the presence of an actor/writer of Stallone's caliber is the only thing that gives me hope for this movie. There's sort of a reason Rocky is considered one of the greatest movies of all time.

On 11/16/2021 at 2:53 AM, Atlantis said:

Regardless of what they do in the movies, I really really wanna get the original team in 6" Legend form! They gave us a Vance Astro, and back when the 4" Marvel Universe was running, we got him AND Yondu (in their classic look). It used to seem that if the 4" version was made the 6" was just around the corner. Sadly that didn't happen. But with new tech these days, maybe they'll do it and up and it'll be worth the wait.

He can if he believes he can. Yes I agree what you said abut Gunn. Stallone's presence helps. But let's wait and see.