Marvel Legends Binary Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

On 10/14/2021 at 10:37 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

They didn’t give me the buck I want so I ain’t giving them the buck they want.

Really, at this point its the only way they'll listen to us. They have the tools and means to make more accurate female figures, they're just choosing not to. It makes no sense because they've really stepped up the female faces. I mean some of these just look way too good to go on these silly bodies. Hasbro doesn't think twice when it comes to making diverse male figures (just look at the new Jon Favreau buck, versus what they did for Salma Hayek).  When they notice a sizeable portion of dollars dropping off that they could have had, they'll wise up.

I'd forgotten how much I like this costume. I wouldn't mind her going back to this identity permanently in the comics....  I most typically think of Carol in the black one-piece with the lightning bolt that she wore as Ms. Marvel, but I don't see them ever going back to that now that Kamala Khan is around. It's too bad that there's been such a habit of new characters taking on old characters titles... why can't they just come up with unique ones?!?

On 10/16/2021 at 7:37 PM, Reno said:

I'd forgotten how much I like this costume. I wouldn't mind her going back to this identity permanently in the comics....  I most typically think of Carol in the black one-piece with the lightning bolt that she wore as Ms. Marvel, but I don't see them ever going back to that now that Kamala Khan is around. It's too bad that there's been such a habit of new characters taking on old characters titles... why can't they just come up with unique ones?!?

Because they don’t know how. Retcon is all they know.

On 10/17/2021 at 1:37 AM, Reno said:

Legacy characters are easier to market, since they can try and attract the earlier heroes' fans. Also don't forget Kamala isn't the first to take the Ms. marvel name after Carol.

No luck for me finding either Nova or Quasar. I’ve been all over southern Michigan and recently Orlando ( business trip). Not sure if it was because I was more in the tourist areas as to why but the shelves near Sea World / I Drive are barren. 

Michigan stores are stocking up for XMas and have recently seen GI Joe, NECA Horror, some Wwe stuff but zero Marvel Legends

On 10/14/2021 at 3:34 PM, Reno said:

Has anyone actually found Nova (or Quasar) at their Walgreens yet? I check a couple of times per week at mine but their Marvel Legends shelf is always completely empty. I've somewhat already resigned myself to having to pay ebay prices, but don't want to do it earlier than I have to because those should come down as they're getting stocked and easier to find.

image.thumb.jpeg.5e273a7ac99e30ac9afd4d4d650379fc.jpegGot this one a few weeks ago in the UK, but hated the head, so I replaced it with a Cannonball head and replaced the hair with hair from (I believe) Adam Warlock. I think it is a massive improvement.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:20 AM, Atlantis said:

Hasbro eventually listened to collectors over Target's botched handling with GI Joe. Its time they tackled this issue with walgeens

The problem, from my understanding, is that Walgreens handles inventory entirely differently from the big box retailers like Target or Wal-Mart, and it's pretty much entirely up to the individual store managers what they get in their stores.

Basically, I doubt Walgreen's is going to revamp its' entire inventory system over Marvel Legends.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:59 AM, Jmacq1 said:

The problem, from my understanding, is that Walgreens handles inventory entirely differently from the big box retailers like Target or Wal-Mart, and it's pretty much entirely up to the individual store managers what they get in their stores.

Basically, I doubt Walgreen's is going to revamp its' entire inventory system over Marvel Legends.

The question is why did they go from having figures available on their website to seemingly abandoning this.  although tbh i can't remember if black surfer was ever on sale online or not.

I guess best we can hope for is that WG either changes their ways or that BBTS/others end up selling some of these exclusives later (at a markup, natch.. but still better than ebay or abroad)

On 10/25/2021 at 9:51 AM, bashpics99 said:

The question is why did they go from having figures available on their website to seemingly abandoning this.  although tbh i can't remember if black surfer was ever on sale online or not.

I guess best we can hope for is that WG either changes their ways or that BBTS/others end up selling some of these exclusives later (at a markup, natch.. but still better than ebay or abroad)

I can't say for sure, but I can suspect that Walgreens probably abandoned putting figures up on their website after they got a flood of complaints from angry collectors who weren't able to get the figures in time (or who got orders cancelled, etc...), and determined it would be easier to just stop offering them online than to say, increase their order sizes or allocate more of their stock to online purchases.  

I do cut Walgreens a little bit of slack...they weren't exactly a collector destination until a few years ago and I don't think they're built for rapidly adjusting to that state of affairs, especially in the midst of a big merger and the guy that turned them into a collector destination moving on from the company.

On 10/25/2021 at 10:18 AM, Jmacq1 said:

I can't say for sure, but I can suspect that Walgreens probably abandoned putting figures up on their website after they got a flood of complaints from angry collectors who weren't able to get the figures in time (or who got orders cancelled, etc...), and determined it would be easier to just stop offering them online than to say, increase their order sizes or allocate more of their stock to online purchases.  

I do cut Walgreens a little bit of slack...they weren't exactly a collector destination until a few years ago and I don't think they're built for rapidly adjusting to that state of affairs, especially in the midst of a big merger and the guy that turned them into a collector destination moving on from the company.

I won't pretend to understand the supply/stocking side of things, but what's hard about limiting to 2 per customer and putting up a captcha puzzle?  That appears to me at least to have made a significant difference at Target.

On 10/20/2021 at 9:11 PM, Psychosomatic said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5e273a7ac99e30ac9afd4d4d650379fc.jpegGot this one a few weeks ago in the UK, but hated the head, so I replaced it with a Cannonball head and replaced the hair with hair from (I believe) Adam Warlock. I think it is a massive improvement.

Much better!! I really like that look for him

On 10/25/2021 at 4:59 AM, Jmacq1 said:

walgreens and their ilk don't need to do jack. This isn't their issue. Hasbro makes these figures, Hasbro distributes them, Hasbro has their name on the product, Hasbro entered into this arrangement with walgreens and any of these other "exclusive" outlets.

Its the same bs as  GI Joe/Target sh1tpile, and unless anyone's been under a rock for the last 3 years, that classified line became a joke in the action figure community. Yet so many collectors had have their heads so far up Hasbro's cheeks,  they just wouldn't admit where the problem was. All kinds of excuses.

But Hasbro couldn't duck it forever, and in the end, happily,  stepped in to correct it. And its looking good! That Storm Shadow is bomb!! And still available all over! So Its not about walgreens' inventory practices or their number of stores or which of their zodiac signs is compatible with whatever. And please, before anyone jumps in with "they're never getting rid of exclusives so stop talking about it", I'm not saying getting rid of, I'm saying make it better. Make it WORK.

On 10/26/2021 at 12:45 AM, Atlantis said:

walgreens and their ilk don't need to do jack. This isn't their issue. Hasbro makes these figures, Hasbro distributes them, Hasbro has their name on the product, Hasbro entered into this arrangement with walgreens and any of these other "exclusive" outlets.

Its the same bs as  GI Joe/Target sh1tpile, and unless anyone's been under a rock for the last 3 years, that classified line became a joke in the action figure community. Yet so many collectors had have their heads so far up Hasbro's cheeks,  they just wouldn't admit where the problem was. All kinds of excuses.

But Hasbro couldn't duck it forever, and in the end, happily,  stepped in to correct it. And its looking good! That Storm Shadow is bomb!! And still available all over! So Its not about walgreens' inventory practices or their number of stores or which of their zodiac signs is compatible with whatever. And please, before anyone jumps in with "they're never getting rid of exclusives so stop talking about it", I'm not saying getting rid of, I'm saying make it better. Make it WORK.

Do you seriously believe Hasbro just forces their product on retailers and can tell them how much they're going to order, which stores are going to stock it and how much?  That's not how any of this works.

Yeah, it always blows my mind how little people seem to understand about the retail distribution chain. Hasbro’s not off the hook, because they refuse to accept any risk for unsold stock and will simply under-manufacture if retailers under-order, but when it comes to exclusives, it’s very simple. The retailer orders the number they want, then Hasbro manufactures that amount and delivers them. If the retailer realizes they underestimated demand, they can usually order more, but it takes Hasbro about six months to get a print run from “factory order” to “on shelves”, by which time nerd rage has set in and demand is usually much lower. At the end of the day exclusives are hard to find because the retailers underestimated demand for them and Hasbro either didn’t care to, or couldn’t, change their minds.

I also think people blaming Dwight and the gang for exclusive is wrong. They don't have a say in the matter. They are simple told make a figure for such and such by the higher up. They can decide the figure they want but at the end of the day it's up to the bean counters to decide if it's exclusive or not.

On 10/26/2021 at 9:05 AM, Benn said:

Yeah, it always blows my mind how little people seem to understand about the retail distribution chain.

Devil's advocate here.  I admit that I absolutely don't understand it, but I also submit that I shouldn't have to.  I think you've mentioned owning a store, right?  That's going to give you a lot more insight that the average collector has.

Hasbro made a toy and [retailer] wants to sell it to me.  I have the money and want to buy it.  I think the onus is on the manufacturer and retailer to make that transaction reasonably accessible to me.  I appreciate all of the discussions in forums like this and the insight I get as a result.  But at the end of the day, I don't want an economics lesson.  I want an action figure.  And I'm not going to feed scalpers.

If Hasbro, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, or whoever can't get their act together and sell me a toy, I'm going to spend my money on Ninja Turtles instead.

On 10/26/2021 at 9:18 AM, tarot said:

I also think people blaming Dwight and the gang for exclusive is wrong.

I don't blame them, but they are the brand ambassadors.  They are the only Hasbro agents that we have real access to.  When they can't or won't engage in conversations on topics like exclusives prohibiting access to collectors or the Moonstone buck in a way that acknowledges the collectors' wants, it comes off as dismissive.  It's a bad look for them and Hasbro.  The execs would do well to empower their ambassadors better.