Hasbro Pulse-Con 2021 Marvel Legends - What Might We See?

JayC

Hasbro's Virtual Pulse-Con event is just days away, and with that speculation on what we might be seeing has already begun to run rampant on the net. While speculation is always fun which I will be doing a little bit here, I thought it also might be a good idea to recommend some caution in setting expectations to high for how much new Marvel Legends product we will actually be seeing. Like this year, there is definitely a lot of Marvel Legends product in the pipeline for 2022, but how much of that will actually get revealed this weekend remains to be seen.

Before we go any further, lets first go over what we know 100% about this weekend in regards to what to expect for Marvel Legends. We know the Marvel Legends panel will be taking place on Saturday October 23 at 2PM ET on Hasbro's YouTube Channel. We of course will have full coverage of that here on MarvelousNews. Here is the official description of the panel:

The Hasbro Marvel product experts will discuss some exciting news around Hasbro’s ever popular MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES action figure line! Viewers will also get a sneak peek of upcoming, never before seen Marvel action figures plus some special surprises as well.

Panelists:

Jesse Falcon, Marvel
Dwight, Design
Ryan, Marketing
Dan, Marketing
Julia & Eric Lewald
Donny Cates
David Nakayama

The first four names on the panelists list are well known to Marvel Legends collectors and not surprising to see on the panel in any way. Julia And Eric Lewald when it comes to Marvel are best known for their work on the original Fox X-Men Animated Series.

Donny Cates is a Marvel Comics artist and writer who has worked on titles such as Venom. David Nakayama is also an artist who has done work for Marvel primarily specializing in comic covers. I know Nakayama did a variant cover for Cates' Venom #1, but I don't know if that has any baring on the two of them being on this panel.

Besides that we know there will be two Marvel Legends Pulse-Con exclusives going up for purchase. This includes the Marvel Legends Retro Cardback Spider-Man Animated Series Venom for $31.99 and the Marvel Legends Series M.O.D.O.K. World Domination Tour Collection set for $73.99. I know they will be offering exclusives each day (10/22-23) on the Pulse website. This will start at 4pm ET for premium members and 5pm ET for everyone else. It's not clear if all the Pulse exclusives will be offered on both days or be split up between the two days. For instance I don't know if these Marvel exclusive will be offered Friday and Saturday, or just on Saturday after the Marvel Panel. My feeling is both days, but again Hasbro hasn't made that super clear. I really don't think these will be that hard to get either way.

Finally Hasbro's Dan Yun seemed to be warning folks on social media to lower expectations for what will be revealed with a tweet saying "Your guesses...lower the expectations".

So what do I expect to see this weekend? While I don't have any insider info on specifics, I think we will see at least 6 new items revealed. Almost definitely more but at least 6.

I think the chances are high we will see the Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary wave fully revealed. We saw the Captain America figure for this wave revealed last week by Unparalleled Universe. The other 3 figures rumored for this wave include Iron Man, Hulk and a new Toad figure. These will be modern versions of the figures released in the first Toy Biz wave.

I don't know if we will be seeing any regular waves fully revealed this weekend. My feeling is we might be getting a bunch of partial reveals and teases. One reason for this might be due to all the shipping delays going on with the back ups at the ports here in the United States. Hasbro may be reluctant to open pre-orders for a lot of new product right now, and this goes for all their brands.

Another reason for not seeing any regular waves being revealed this weekend is that we continue to see Disney push back release dates for upcoming MCU movies as we reported on yesterday. I know there are planned waves for each of the movies mentioned yesterday, but I am not really expecting any kind of reveals for them this weekend. Maybe a few teases with some of the comic book based figures in the Dr. Strange wave. If so you won't want to sleep through that.

Of course there is the rumored X-Men and comic based Avengers waves I have reported on previously. I don't expect those to be going up for pre-order this week, but I do feel like there is a good chance we will at least get some of those revealed on Saturday.

We can expect more Disney+ stuff to come in 2022, but I don't expect there to be much emphasis on any of that this weekend., I would say if we see anything it might be something teased for Hawkeye.

Spider-Man is going to be celebrating his 60th Anniversary in 2022, and I am expecting Hasbro to be releasing product for that which is something I could see them possibly starting to tease this weekend.

I know there is at least one more 3.75" Retro wave coming, so we might start to see that as well as more role-play replica items.

Then of course there are store exclusives. We know more are coming, so I definitely wouldn't be surprised if we some kind of reveals on that front.

So that's all I have for now. Again I think keeping expectations for the amount of new product revealed this weekend on the lower side is good advise. That way if they show more than expected, we will be pleasantly surprised as opposed to feeling disappointed.

Of course as I mentioned above, speculation is always fun, so let us know what you hope to see in the COMMENTS SECTION below.

Pulse-Con-What-Might-We-See.jpg

My guesses:

The 3 other TB series 1 remakes and probably a few extra stuff for that line. JTPrime mentioned that there is at least 11 sets in this line so I'm expecting the rest to be random single and 2-packs.

The start of the X-men and Avengers waves. They may not reveal the full wave for either but I can guarantee they will show a good amount for both waves and reveal one of the teases for this wave (Speedball most likely)

At least one of the Comic figures for the Dr. Strange wave. It may be delayed but it's probably too late for Hasbro to change the schedule (hell the delays is probably why we are getting so many comic wave.

The rumored Target Lizard set that JTP mentioned. 

Some kind of anniversary figure for the Animated X-men and maybe for Spider-man (possibly a FA spider-man)

A few Fan Channel exclusives as well as of course (UGH) store exclusives.

I also think alot of the time will be taken up with interviews and stuff.

David Nakayama is likely there due to being a regularly-commissioned artist for the line (among many others, he did the package art for all the Age of Apocalypse releases, and the Strong Guy Deadpool wave, off the top of my head) and not due to him doing a random variant cover. Can't speak for Cates though - maybe some tease of another Venom wave with some Let There Be Carnage figures? 

On 10/19/2021 at 4:00 PM, Benn said:

I think for Cates the Herald Thor speculation is most likely.

yep. It's either the Herald Thor (most likely) or some kind of Venom set. Possibly Knull But I think they would release that in a Wave rather then one his own. 

and like @Boy_Blunder said Nakayama is being brought in because he did most of the packages for the last 2 X-men waves if not more.

WAIT, WHAT?!  A rumored Target Lizard Set?!!!  I hadn't heard about that one, but suspected it would happen since they re-did Sandman and the only Lizard we have is that monstrously large BAF. Wondering if it will be a whole new scaled down version (HOPING), or a Deluxe Release BAF.  I am guessing we will only see Pre-Orders for the TOYBIZ Anniversary Wave, but hopefully we will get confirmation (with pics) of the Avengers Wave, X-Men Wave.  Love to hear more about Doctor Strange and Thor waves, but that may be asking for too much.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, leokearon said:

Please be a Morph figure

A Morph that comes with extra male heads that could double as Uncanny X-men 275 Cover characters.

Uncanny X-Men #275 - cover.jpg

Edit: LOL It looks like only Gambit would fit that criteria. Forge would need a different leg and Banshee would need the wings. Wolverine is a different body type altogether.

I guess they can do a jacketed and unjacketed look (a la Moira and Reed) with an Evil Morph head, along with the Gambit head. But I'm getting the "Lower the expections" tweet flashing in front of me.

On 10/19/2021 at 7:53 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

A Morph that comes with extra male heads that could double as Uncanny X-men 275 Cover characters.

Uncanny X-Men #275 - cover.jpg

Edit: LOL It looks like only Gambit would fit that criteria. Forge would need a different leg and Banshee would needs the wings. Wolverine is a different body type altogether.

I guess they can do a jacketed and unjacketed look (a la Moira and Reed) with an Evil Morph head.

That's the figure I want, he has to have both good and evil heads

On 10/19/2021 at 10:35 PM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Wow. You know things are good when one of the executives of the company tells you to lower expectations. Luckily all I have for Hasbro is low expectations but that's my view on most things in life, not just them.

he only really said that because people were assuming we were getting a full wave of animated X-men (the chances of that are low, one or 2 at most), another Venom and about 50 other items. Like we said most of the 2 hour will just be interviews. The Interviewees will probably reveal a figure or 2 but the majority will be reveal most likely in the first hour.

On 10/19/2021 at 2:56 PM, NotNamed said:

Herald Thor. The one Thor I'm not interested in.

Hilarious that Hasbro tweets to lower your expectations.

Won't it be funny if they do the exact opposite (although I too would like a bit of a break if means they're going to improve the consistency of quality).

On 10/19/2021 at 3:37 PM, WeaponXXX said:

I'm hoping for power rangers from the 1995 movie also can't wait to get that retro venom

AWWWWW YISSSSS!!!! I want those rangers too!!! I{m settling for the ninjas for now, but those suits would be IT!!!!

With galactus coming out it would be nice to get any additional Galactus themed figures.  Fallen one, Tyrant, Airwalker or firelord.  A tyrant baf would be mindblowing.

Comic eternals.

Comic gaurdians of the galaxy 3000.

Blue marvel.

Power princess, doctor spectrum (Finish the squadron supreme)

A bomb, updated doc samson, immortal hulk, updated comic worldbreaker hulk.

Magog, blastaar for those who dont go to sdcc.

Phyla-Vell, Moondragon, Classic Drax, 

Great lake avengers

Hahaha love that Hasbro was tweeting about the fans lowering expectations, I mean that could be we should, or they want to throw us off, and they are going to blow our minds, I don't really know what I think they will show, but at least bet a sort of re-cap of what has currently been released, I'd be surprised if we didn't see a fancy roll out for what to expect for the 20th Anniversary Program, with a few figures getting seen, who knows maybe a tease or two for some new D+ Stuff like Hawkeye and Kate, I have a strange feeling we might get more talking then actual reveals, since it seems a bunch of interviews are lined up and so forth.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:00 PM, tarot said:

he only really said that because people were assuming we were getting a full wave of animated X-men (the chances of that are low, one or 2 at most), another Venom and about 50 other items. Like we said most of the 2 hour will just be interviews. The Interviewees will probably reveal a figure or 2 but the majority will be reveal most likely in the first hour.

I don't really see why we need a fun wave of animated X-men Morph of the only one of the team not to be done, all the others have been done in their looks from the show.

Still I'm suspecting another reason he is telling people to lower their expectations is due to Transformers having some big and important reveals.