Hasbro Pulse-Con 2021 Marvel Legends - What Might We See?

JayC

On 10/21/2021 at 10:59 AM, leokearon said:

It should be interest to see what could happen with the Spidey 60th line. I'm hoping they will do some of the TV spidey's like Japanese Spider-man

While the odd Spider-Villain or side character are always welcome in my collection, I'm having a hard time thinking of anything Spidey-wise I really NEED, at least to a point worthy of an Anniversary release. Still . . . 

That Retro Mary Jane/Gwen was all kinds of disappointing, so I wouldn't mind if they took another shot at MJ. If they had to, just take the old TRU 2-pack version and shove it in some new packaging with a bunch of accessories. I'd buy it.

We're also already getting updated versions of Spidey-2099 and Secret Wars Spidey, so maybe another pass at more of the 'Verse variants? I'd personally love to see a pimped up, tricked out Spider-Noir. A decent (articulated) Spider-Ham maybe? Or a repackaged Sp//dr BAF with an articulated Peni Parker would be severely cool . . . and play right into Hasbro's wheelhouse.

Oh, and count me in for the TV Spideys. A Nick Hammond version is something i haven't even dared dream possible.

On 10/21/2021 at 5:41 PM, mako said:

While the odd Spider-Villain or side character are always welcome in my collection, I'm having a hard time thinking of anything Spidey-wise I really NEED, at least to a point worthy of an Anniversary release. Still . . . 

That Retro Mary Jane/Gwen was all kinds of disappointing, so I wouldn't mind if they took another shot at MJ. If they had to, just take the old TRU 2-pack version and shove it in some new packaging with a bunch of accessories. I'd buy it.

We're also already getting updated versions of Spidey-2099 and Secret Wars Spidey, so maybe another pass at more of the 'Verse variants? I'd personally love to see a pimped up, tricked out Spider-Noir. A decent (articulated) Spider-Ham maybe? Or a repackaged Sp//dr BAF with an articulated Peni Parker would be severely cool . . . and play right into Hasbro's wheelhouse.

Oh, and count me in for the TV Spideys. A Nick Hammond version is something i haven't even dared dream possible.

Yeah same here, while I still have a lot of Spidey characters on my wish lists (The Legion of Losers), it is hard to think of what I want that would be worthy of an anniversary line. 

Seeing some more of the Spiderverse characters would be great, especially as the likes of Noir were almost impossible to get over here.

On 10/21/2021 at 7:57 AM, Ironspider428 said:

"...13 Spider-Man anniversary releases next year??? HELL YES!! "

I think the Iron Spider is long overdue. And it would be great if we get another swipe at the Rhino and the Lizard. Top it off with Madame Webb and maybe Stegron or Tarantula. 

On 10/21/2021 at 1:52 PM, Atlantis said:

I think the Iron Spider is long overdue. And it would be great if we get another swipe at the Rhino and the Lizard. Top it off with Madame Webb and maybe Stegron or Tarantula. 

If we don't see comic Iron Spider by the end of next year, it'll be an enormous missed opportunity. I could see a Madame Web and Stegron being released as deluxes, probably also Retro card releases of Rhino and Lizard. I also really hope we see some teams completed. Overdrive for the Superior Foes, Carrion for Maximum Carnage, Riot and Agony for the Life Foundation. Also maybe some more Inheritors, Karn and Solus at least would be nice.

On 10/21/2021 at 2:02 PM, JudoPanda said:

Hasbro really needs to include a web effect with EVERY Spiderman figure. Pretty lame the lack of accessories that come with Marvel Legends these days. 

Especially with the price increases. They should be including both sets of webs that the 2 Gameverse Spideys came with. 

On 10/21/2021 at 7:14 PM, MightyThorness said:

This year is Captain America's 80th anniversary and he got nothing I don't think spider man who already has regular waves of figures coming out every year should get a sub line for his 60th when they didn't do anything for Cap!!!

You have to remember 2 things. first Spider-man is Marvel admitted cash cow. They will always push him for merchandising before ANY ONE else.

Second you have to remember that Marvel Legends is actually spilt into 3 main sublines, X-men, Avengers/Mcu and Spider-man. there are a few special sublines but they are the 3 main ones. AS such having a Spider-man subline alongside the 20th subline is because they can be considered 2 separate lines where Cap would be considered part of the Avengers line.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:02 AM, JudoPanda said:

Hasbro really needs to include a web effect with EVERY Spiderman figure. Pretty lame the lack of accessories that come with Marvel Legends these days. 

I think they're doing a good job with accessories but yeah, they could do even better. But now I'm jumpin right on this 'cause I was just thinking about it the other day. Spider-Man is one of the most popular "A" list figure in any toyline, and Legends has indeed dropped the ball in regards to him (with web effects) for over almost 20 years now. A net, a shield, a gag, a random "splatter" effect would be fantastic. They don't need to put every possible effect in every package, but a nice variation would be great.

My thought is  for 20th anniversary line will be divided in 2 waves the first 4 then the second wave will be mixed from other toybiz figures updated (I think most likely we'll see Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Danny Ketch Ghost Rider, the last two could be riders figures)

For X-Men Im thinking theyll reveal wave 1 (syrin, maggot, wolverine which will most likely be in the blue and yellow costume from Uncanny X-men 275, Sabretooth will most likely be a classic though Id like a redo of jim lee one on a the omega red mold, classic havok, vulcan and darwin).
And theyll hint at a Vintage X-Men Wave celebrating the 90's cartoon (im hoping ittll have morph with a couple extra heads and interchangeable arms and jacket, a female pack figure on the uncanny 275 costume with storm and psylocke heads, and the rest might be just reissues of hard to get figures like Magneto, Dark Phoenix, Colossus and Mystique)

For Spiderman your guess is as good as mine but my guess is a 6 figure wave (sort of like the vintage wave) with iconic spiderman characters from the comicbook, and a 7 figure 2nd wave for No Way Home that one being completely movie figure (if the spiderverse is real then all 3 diferent spidermen and the rest villains *Doc Octopus, Goblin, Electro, Sandman and a lizard baf)
We'll also most likely see a Venom wave with carnage and venom movie figures maybe even morbius and the rest being comicbook villains like the rest of the life foundation symbiotes and a couple other villains that tie into maximum carnage
and to top it off we'll see the 2nd spiderman wave of the year be a into the spiderverse 2 wave with the heroes in their full costume and the rest being comicbook villains

On 10/21/2021 at 10:14 AM, MightyThorness said:

This year is Captain America's 80th anniversary and he got nothing I don't think spider man who already has regular waves of figures coming out every year should get a sub line for his 60th when they didn't do anything for Cap!!!

Hear, hear. Cap SHOULD have had some recognition there, and I was thinking they were headed in that direction. Also it would have been a great opportunity to give us the original Timely line up (Sub-Mariner, Human Torch and Cap) and open up the Golden Age. At the very least, first appearance Cap, Bucky and the Invaders.

On 10/21/2021 at 6:26 PM, abnuggler said:

For Spiderman your guess is as good as mine but my guess is a 6 figure wave (sort of like the vintage wave) with iconic spiderman characters from the comicbook, and a 7 figure 2nd wave for No Way Home that one being completely movie figure (if the spiderverse is real then all 3 diferent spidermen and the rest villains *Doc Octopus, Goblin, Electro, Sandman and a lizard baf)
We'll also most likely see a Venom wave with carnage and venom movie figures maybe even morbius and the rest being comicbook villains like the rest of the life foundation symbiotes and a couple other villains that tie into maximum carnage
and to top it off we'll see the 2nd spiderman wave of the year be a into the spiderverse 2 wave with the heroes in their full costume and the rest being comicbook villains

That's not usually how anniversary lines are divided up, though I suppose anything's possible. We're almost certainly getting another wave for NWH, but I doubt that'll be included in the 60th anniversary lineup, especially since it'll probably hit in early spring instead of late summer when anniversary stuff usually hits. Here's my wishlist:

1. Classic Spidey (Retro body with lighter blue, maybe a new head, some web accessories, hands, etc.)

2. Superior Spidey and Overdrive 2-PK 

3. Deluxe Madame Web with some version of her chair

4. Riot, Agony and Omega Red body Venom 3-PK

5. Carrion and classic Carnage 2-PK

6. Retro deluxe Rhino

7. Retro deluxe Lizard 

8. Retro Scorpion (lighter green paint with flesh colored chin)

9. Raimi Spider-Man and Green Goblin 2-PK (Repack of Tobey from NWH wave 2, brand new GG mold)

10. Raimi Symbiote Spidey and Sandman (Repaint of Tobey, retool of Retro Sandman maybe)

11. Raimi Venom

12. Raimi New Goblin

13. Raimi deluxe Doc Ock

On 10/21/2021 at 7:55 PM, Ironspider428 said:

That's not usually how anniversary lines are divided up, though I suppose anything's possible. We're almost certainly getting another wave for NWH, but I doubt that'll be included in the 60th anniversary lineup, especially since it'll probably hit in early spring instead of late summer when anniversary stuff usually hits. Here's my wishlist:

1. Classic Spidey (Retro body with lighter blue, maybe a new head, some web accessories, hands, etc.)

2. Superior Spidey and Overdrive 2-PK 

3. Deluxe Madame Web with some version of her chair

4. Riot, Agony and Omega Red body Venom 3-PK

5. Carrion and classic Carnage 2-PK

6. Retro deluxe Rhino

7. Retro deluxe Lizard 

8. Retro Scorpion (lighter green paint with flesh colored chin)

9. Raimi Spider-Man and Green Goblin 2-PK (Repack of Tobey from NWH wave 2, brand new GG mold)

10. Raimi Symbiote Spidey and Sandman (Repaint of Tobey, retool of Retro Sandman maybe)

11. Raimi Venom

12. Raimi New Goblin

13. Raimi deluxe Doc Ock

I'm afraid also this wish list is far from how anniversary lines works, in the Infinity Saga wave around 30% of the characters were repaints with some "new hat" ... I totally can see Spiderman (new body) in a lighter color with nicer eyes and Lizzard OR Rhino as Deluxe.

On 10/21/2021 at 8:58 PM, Legender said:

I'm afraid also this wish list is far from how anniversary lines works, in the Infinity Saga wave around 30% of the characters were repaints with some "new hat" ... I totally can see Spiderman (new body) in a lighter color with nicer eyes and Lizzard OR Rhino as Deluxe.

I don't know. I see Hasbro probably wanting to put a little extra into this Anniversary wave, if for no other reason than, as someone else pointed out, Spidey is Marvel's big bread-winner. Plus, with prices rising, and LEGITIMATE shipping issues across the board, they may just decide to dangle a few extra carrots to keep the fan-boys happy.