Hasbro Pulse-Con 2021 Marvel Legends - What Might We See?

JayC

On 10/21/2021 at 10:14 PM, mako said:

Absolutely. Iron Spider is one I've been after forever, provided they go the whole 9 yards. I'm talking waldo arms, etc.

I would love for them to include waldos and backpacks so it can be either Peter or one of the Scarlet Spiders

On 10/22/2021 at 2:05 PM, Jmacq1 said:

If tomorrow goes like today, they'll reveal no more than a handful of figures.  Then again, Marvel has been the "star" of a couple of these virtual conventions so maybe their presentation will be a bit beefier than the other brands.  Transformers and Star Wars seemed pretty lackluster.

I think your a bit closer with your first statement. I predict, even with the rumors of a certain number of comic based waves so far, that next year will be the year of MCU and Disney+ figures and waves. And with many projects having been and still being delayed I just don't see them being able to showcase much product. We'll get some protos and some digital mock-ups of some figures, probably US Agent, maybe Toad or Speedball, but by in large it's probably gonna be a buncha team pics or teases with some of the old Marvel trading cards and a lot of talking by the panel. I do however, think X-Men Animated will be a big part of the reveals. I predict they'll be little more than reissues of the exact same X-Men figures, but with brighter colors and cell shading techniques. Hopefully it'll just be a box set so we don't have to go chasing various figures over a span of several waves. And hell, who knows, maybe we'll actually get a head sculpt of Rogue smiling this time.

On 10/22/2021 at 8:05 PM, Jmacq1 said:

If tomorrow goes like today, they'll reveal no more than a handful of figures.  Then again, Marvel has been the "star" of a couple of these virtual conventions so maybe their presentation will be a bit beefier than the other brands.  Transformers and Star Wars seemed pretty lackluster.

It like this every year. The rest of the line are lackluster but marvel generally has more stuff. Not much more but enough to satisfy most collectors.

On 10/21/2021 at 6:58 PM, Legender said:

I'm afraid also this wish list is far from how anniversary lines works, in the Infinity Saga wave around 30% of the characters were repaints with some "new hat" ... I totally can see Spiderman (new body) in a lighter color with nicer eyes and Lizzard OR Rhino as Deluxe.

Not necessarily. Out of the comic stuff, only Madame Web and possibly Overdrive would need new molds, everything else is a straight up repaint with new heads and accessories. My assumption with the movie stuff is that we’d get a Tobey Spider-Man figure in the NWH wave 2, so they could just repaint/repack him in the anniversary wave to balance out the new sculpts of the villains. New Goblin would use a combination of Luke Cage and movie Logan parts, and likely Sandman too. 

I'll be interested in any wave that focuses on comic Spider-Man. So I'd definitely be down for any 60th Anniversary figures. Hopefully Hasbro will offer up some characters that have never had a Marvel Legends figure before (or at least not a good one). Any classic villains or supporting characters would be most welcome.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:05 PM, Ninjak said:

"...Hopefully Hasbro will offer up some characters that have never had a Marvel Legends figure before (or at least not a good one). Any classic villains or supporting characters would be most welcome...."

To that end I hope we see Red Wolf, El Aguila, Equinox, Killraven, Deadly Nightshade, Gladiator, Blue Marvel, Dr. Spectrum, Firebrand, Firelord....those have never been done, best of my knowledge.

But I doubt any of these are on the horizon except for Blue Marvel and Firelord.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:38 PM, Atlantis said:

To that end I hope we see Red Wolf, El Aguila, Equinox, Killraven, Deadly Nightshade, Gladiator, Blue Marvel, Dr. Spectrum, Firebrand, Firelord....those have never been done, best of my knowledge.

But I doubt any of these are on the horizon except for Blue Marvel and Firelord.

Man...thats a good list!! Especially Equinox!! One of my first exposures to John Byrne was in that Team Up mag!! 

On 10/21/2021 at 8:58 PM, Legender said:

I'm afraid also this wish list is far from how anniversary lines works, in the Infinity Saga wave around 30% of the characters were repaints with some "new hat" ... I totally can see Spiderman (new body) in a lighter color with nicer eyes and Lizzard OR Rhino as Deluxe.

I think you’re forgetting that 80th Anniversary brought us new Hulk, new Cap, new Iron Man, new Thor, new Colossus(?), new whatever else. That was the last best reveal show that I can remember. I had fun that day 😄

On 10/22/2021 at 2:05 PM, Jmacq1 said:

The market's in a bad place right now, it's entirely possible Hasbro took that into account in lining up new product.

Personally, I don't expect much, and most of that will probably be Spidey-centric. Hasbro's not about to let a movie tie-in go to waist. They MIGHT show a couple hints for the new anniversary stuff, but even that is a long shot.

Hopefully, we'll all be surprised.

On 10/22/2021 at 7:25 PM, mako said:

The market's in a bad place right now, it's entirely possible Hasbro took that into account in lining up new product.

Personally, I don't expect much, and most of that will probably be Spidey-centric. Hasbro's not about to let a movie tie-in go to waist. They MIGHT show a couple hints for the new anniversary stuff, but even that is a long shot.

Hopefully, we'll all be surprised.

On top of the market being awful right now, the movie delays probably hampered some of their release plans for the next 2-or-so years.

I'm thinking, we'll probably get a tease for the wave after Armadillo, and maybe some of the anniversary figures. As a long shot, they might be intentionally downplaying expectations; in which case, I could see a couple of repaints/retools just to fill release slots (Cap tooled into US Agent, Vision into Vostok, and things like that)

On 10/21/2021 at 7:55 PM, Ironspider428 said:

That's not usually how anniversary lines are divided up, though I suppose anything's possible. We're almost certainly getting another wave for NWH, but I doubt that'll be included in the 60th anniversary lineup, especially since it'll probably hit in early spring instead of late summer when anniversary stuff usually hits. Here's my wishlist:

1. Classic Spidey (Retro body with lighter blue, maybe a new head, some web accessories, hands, etc.)

2. Superior Spidey and Overdrive 2-PK 

3. Deluxe Madame Web with some version of her chair

4. Riot, Agony and Omega Red body Venom 3-PK

5. Carrion and classic Carnage 2-PK

6. Retro deluxe Rhino

7. Retro deluxe Lizard 

8. Retro Scorpion (lighter green paint with flesh colored chin)

9. Raimi Spider-Man and Green Goblin 2-PK (Repack of Tobey from NWH wave 2, brand new GG mold)

10. Raimi Symbiote Spidey and Sandman (Repaint of Tobey, retool of Retro Sandman maybe)

11. Raimi Venom

12. Raimi New Goblin

13. Raimi deluxe Doc Ock

I doubt they make venom and 2 goblin figures, but as you said we never know with hasbro but I doubt theyll make figures of characters that are not appearing in the new films so I dont think Venom, Harry Osborn Goblin and ASM 2 Goblin will make the cut. I know there are a lot of people that dont care for  the ASM movies but all sings point that at least Garfield and Electro will be part of the multiverse (there were rumors that paul giamati's rhino was also in it) so im sure if hasbro is making figures from the raimi movies theyll also make figures from the ASM at last the characters that make it into ANH.

As for the comic figures I like your picks but I think well eventually see a venom wave with Venom and Carnage from the movie and there we'll see comic versions of Riot, Agony and Carrion, we might see a movie morbius in this wave as well.

Im sure we'll see a classic comic spiderman on the lighter colors and new heads, Rhino Deluxe and or Lizard Deluxe figures are also almost certain, and we'll eventually see a redeco of scorpion, I like your idea of Madame Webb and the Superior Spiderman and Overdrive 2 pack (hopefully spidey will have his waldos this time)
Id also add a Iron Spider deluxe figure with waldos to the list.