2021 Hasbro Pulse Con - Day 2 Coverage - Marvel Legends Panel Coverage

JayC

On 10/23/2021 at 3:32 PM, JayC said:

LOL I half to laugh Lewald's talking to the Hasbro guys about Toy Biz like its some old company they wouldnt know about.

I try not to be so critical of people I've never met in a public forum, but I'm making an exception today.  Lewald is a moron.  I have his book, Previously on X-Men.  It is very poorly written, but more importantly he inadvertently makes it clear that the show was great in spite of him, not because of him.  He starts off the book badmouthing Stan Lee and painting himself as the hero that managed to save the show from Lee's disastrous vision.  Having made it through the rest of the book, I'm disinclined to believe it went down the way he says.

Margaret Loesch and Will Meugniot sound like they were the real heroes.  Loesch put her career on the line trying to get the show made and it sounds like Meugniot really led the effort to keep the thing from going completely off the rails.  Meugniot was a fan of the comics and kept trying to get stories and characters from the source material injected into the show.  Meanwhile Lewald spends half the book lamenting that his insipid idea for a "double mutant" never came to fruition.  A "double mutant" is what happens when two mutants (Scott and Jean) have a baby.

Hasbro really should have had Loesch and Meugniot on today.

Also, Haim Saban is an @$$hole of monumental proportions and it sounds like the voice cast had some pretty wild parties.

Well a ton of so so stuff, lots of repaints, those Wanda & Vis figures were huge blah, not really super intrested in those Animated Series style X-Men, but cool idea, stand out reveal here was a much wanted villain for me D'Spayre , now I'd say I never would have ever thought that would get made, amazing, also finally Classic Comic Zemo!

looking forward to seeing more of the 20th Anni figs, Iron Man looked great, but I'll be passing,

Alright, so i'll just shortly put the obvious statement of looking forward for the Retro Scarlet witch, nuff said there.

Aw man, i really was hoping they'd rerelease Cap Sam as a deluxe figure with wings, but instead we got a 2 pack, well can't say i'm not entirely disappointed because this could mean i can get a Captain America/Steve figure that i couldn't get before, of course there is the infinity saga Cap which i was looking forward for but my walmart doesn't seem to either get them or i just couldn't get one in time, soooo maybe this two set can work for me. (another fun thought, two shields, i really like them as long as they have the straps on them and not the easy to break clips).

I knew that they were doing something special for the animated series. But again with the exclusives. This is BS. And pulse is  just like target to get stuff. There is no reason for these not being available everywhere.

I got extremely excited when I saw them until I heard the word EXCLUSIVE. 

I'm loving D'Spayre, Knull and Vulcan!! I'm super excited for all 3 of those.

I'll likely pick up the Scarlet Witch and Vision. I've still been using they Toy Biz Witch in my display. Now that they're doing another comic version of white Vision, I'm regretting buying the WandaVision Disney+ version. That was the only figure I picked up from the D+ Wave 1 and wish I hadn't.

I didn't see anything else here today that really interests me.

Not a HabroPulse premium member so waiting around to order my MODOK/Captain. I figure I'll actually get it 6 months later like I did with the Hellfire Club. Meanwhile my 3 Sentinels still have not shipped.....

I appreciate the new torso for the Iron Man figure, so that way the head isn't the only thing different from the Classic Armor. I mean, it's not the accurate design of the Proto-Classic Armor, but at least it's different.

I think the backdrop for the Iron Man figure is incredibly funny. It's like not even the Marvel Legends team has realized the base was meant to be one half of a satellite.

satellite.pngsatellite2.png

On 10/23/2021 at 10:44 AM, Inspection12e said:

More Walgreens sucks. 

Truly. But why don't more of these "reviewers" get together and jump on the Hasbro team to explain why they're still using walgreens when their performance has been so awful now for the last 3-4 years? The last time any exclusive was seen at that chain (at least out here, and it does seem other states if these forums are accurate), at least in any reasonable numbers, was 2019. Never saw Silver Centurion in the wild, and don't even hope to find Moon Knight ( I was lucky to grab the one), Nova, Quasar, or Binary. On one of the last Fan Friday type reveals, the team did mention they were aware of the problems but weakly said they "hoped" things had improved. This time I didn't hear anything like that, no "hey guys its all good now". Until further notice, I guess I just won't have those figures....I'm not going to eBay to pay 2-3 times what the figure is worth. 

On 10/23/2021 at 12:23 PM, ADour said:

"...I think the backdrop for the Iron Man figure is incredibly funny. It's like not even the Marvel Legends team has realized the base was meant to be one half of a satellite...."

satellite.pngsatellite2.png

They probably thought it was the neon sign for Stark International.

I'm in on the 20th Anniversary line, Captain America looks incredible and I like that Iron Man. Yes it's mostly a retool of the 80th Anniversary but the new upper body and heads make this a must for me, especially like that Tony Stark head. I'd imagine the Hulk will be a reuse of the 80th 2 pack Hulk and Toad will be the fully new tooled figure of this line.