2021 Hasbro Pulse Con - Day 2 Coverage - Marvel Legends Panel Coverage

JayC

On 10/23/2021 at 12:55 PM, 80sboy4 said:

"... I like that Iron Man. Yes it's mostly a retool of the 80th Anniversary but the new upper body and heads make this a must for me, especially like that Tony Stark head..."

I honestly don't have a problem with the Iron Man armor being re-tooled because after his all gold armor, most suits were just variations of what would become his classic red/gold ensemble. The "horned" visor though could be raised or lowered, and there were diagonal lines that spread out on the upper torso. It didn't have hip pods either so that's accurate. That Tony Stark head, though, is clearly from the 70s-80s, not the 1960s lol. 

On 10/23/2021 at 4:29 PM, Atlantis said:

Truly. But why don't more of these "reviewers" get together and jump on the Hasbro team to explain why they're still using walgreens.

LOL they get exclusives cause they pay to get them.  Not complicated. Biggest problem with Walgreens is they have quit offering them on their website. Many areas dont have Walgreens or few like my area. I went to FL last week to visit my dad where there is a Walgreens on every street corner and I saw Nova easily multiple times. But here where I actually live I have yet to see it. If Walgreens is gonna keep doing exclusives then they need to start offering them on their website again.

On 10/23/2021 at 4:04 PM, Bluecomet said:

Too many exclusives is the new direction for Hasbro.  That's making it harder for marvel fans outside America to get these figures

Why, they arent exclusives outside the US. Seems like these days people outside the US are finding things easier than those of us in the US.

On 10/23/2021 at 4:39 PM, Gigantor said:

The west coast Avengers background logos on SW/Vizh cards makes me think that the next 3 on that will be the classic US agent, Mockingbird and Hawkeye versions. Classic Baron Zemo gives me hope that we'll start getting more of his crew in the Masters of evil. Looking at you wrecking crew!

USAgent is in the regular Avengers wave though I cant say its Classic but dont see them releasing two USAgents close to each other.

On 10/23/2021 at 4:51 PM, K9-K1N6 said:

i admit i would had still love to know info regarding the Doctor Strange multiverse of madness wave if they do plan on doing one and so, but everything they said today will suffice at the moment.

Well D'Spayre is your first reveal for the Doctor Strange wave and yes they are doing one.

That unmasked Anthony Mackie head looks more like Will Smith. Also, I would rather have the wings over extra fists. Since that is what separates Sam from Steve. I also have the worthy Cap figure. If you do not have him. This is a great 2-pack to pick up. Since you can just give him the Mjolnir that came with the Infinity Saga Thor. Which is still available in store shelves.

I thought me and my friends would be getting our own Legends. That is a bummer. I see that Vulcan has a disc hinge for a neck joint. I am guessing Hasbro has heard my complaint after I told them that I had to use a pair of pliers to remove the neck joint from Ikaris because of that stupid dumbbell system.

That Tony Stark head has a strong resemblance to Charles Bronson and I can’t unsee it haha.

Stoked about the Captain America’s 2 pack. Those Chris Evans portraits are getting better and better. I’ve no real need for either figure but I’m buying on it’s awesome factor.

Be nice to see a red jumpsuit Hank Pym if Hasbro is going all in on the WCA.. ABSOLUTELY loved that comic back in the day..  so happy that team is getting some long overdue love. Grabbed both Vision and Wanda. Wanda’s classic colors are awesome. This Vision is miles better than that weird ‘translucent ‘ one they gave us earlier. Wish they had fixed his feet too... those rounded feet make him harder to stand.. guess I’ll flight stand him. Here’s hoping for more classic Avengers.

Scarlet Witch looks good, that's a buy.

Vision: Something doesn't look right with him, I think it's his colors. He looks too gray in areas. I was really wanting a white Vision too, but this one... leaning no.

Wolverine & Jubilee: Those look good. I haven't been collecting X-Men, but those are nice classic looks.

Anniversary Iron Man: I think they knocked it out of the park on this one, even for an owner of the 80th. They went with yellow vs gold on the 80th, included the horned mask, and gave us a 70s/early 80s Tony headsculpt compared to a late late 80s/90s sculpt on the 80th.

Baron Zemo: Walgreens exclusive. There's a big F you to the fans.

Agree with what some are saying about this new Vision. Some pics he looks to have oddly grey parts but in other pics he appears all white.. on Pulse he looks all white too.. 

overall just glad to get him in a matte color instead of the translucent/ icy look the first version had.. 

think Winter Soldier looks a little I don’t know.. animated -ish too.. not the best likeness but maybe in hand he won’t look so cartoony

between the new Wanda, Tigra and this Vision we are getting definitive looks for some classic Avengers.. keep them coming Hasbro! 

I got my pre-orders in for Captain America and Scarlet Witch. Now if I can nab Zemo I'll be all set (yeah right.) I would definitely buy a white Vision since I love the character and try to get all his versions but this one just looks like crap. I don't know why they did all the weird coloring on this figure but it doesn't work. Sadly that one is a pass.

On 10/23/2021 at 3:29 PM, Atlantis said:

Truly. But why don't more of these "reviewers" get together and jump on the Hasbro team to explain why they're still using walgreens when their performance has been so awful now for the last 3-4 years? The last time any exclusive was seen at that chain (at least out here, and it does seem other states if these forums are accurate), at least in any reasonable numbers, was 2019. Never saw Silver Centurion in the wild, and don't even hope to find Moon Knight ( I was lucky to grab the one), Nova, Quasar, or Binary. On one of the last Fan Friday type reveals, the team did mention they were aware of the problems but weakly said they "hoped" things had improved. This time I didn't hear anything like that, no "hey guys its all good now". Until further notice, I guess I just won't have those figures....I'm not going to eBay to pay 2-3 times what the figure is worth. 

Was able to get Silver Centurion and Moon Knight here, but local stores have had ZERO MLs since the spring clearance.  1 seller of Nova 155 miles away, 1 285 miles, all others over 500 miles. 

I’m really enthusiastic about Vulcan or more precisely that new body mold, really cannot wait to see how it looks like as an actual figure. X-Men TAS series is really cool idea, which I was hoping for since diamond select started making animated series busts. But overall not much that really made me super crazy, just nice stuff here and there that I mostly can skip, reissue of endgame Cap is cool as is new scarlet witch, her colors are great. 

On 10/23/2021 at 6:07 PM, Hogun said:

White Vision with bare feet looks weird as hell. Glad we are getting a new Scarlet Witch figure, but I am going to stick with my family matters version.

Kanye West 'Hides' In Plain Sight Behind Creepy Face Mask in Italy | Man of  Many  Vision looks like Kanye West from a few days ago

On 10/23/2021 at 4:55 PM, JayC said:

LOL they get exclusives cause they pay to get them.  Not complicated. Biggest problem with Walgreens is they have quit offering them on their website. Many areas dont have Walgreens or few like my area. I went to FL last week to visit my dad where there is a Walgreens on every street corner and I saw Nova easily multiple times. But here where I actually live I have yet to see it. If Walgreens is gonna keep doing exclusives then they need to start offering them on their website again.

I have like 7 Walgreens within 10 minutes of my house. None have stocked Marvel Legends since the spring clearance.

Thankfully not alot of crazy stuff Im dying to get from this stream. Definitely interested in Knull and hoping hes a deluxe, if hes not hoping hes in an all venom/symbiote type wave where I would actually want most of the figures anyways akin to the previous venom waves. I really dig that 20th Cap but man I really dont like their background pieces and thats what we get instead of a baf part and add a few bucks more to the price. 😕  I dig what they are doing with the animated xmen set but I hate feeling like I just want to buy the box instead of the figures update of the figures. I may still pick up the wolverine but damn he comes with so little, same with jubilee.. and again no baf just paying extra for the box kind of sucks. Maybe im spoiled with what theyve given us in the past with the 19.99 pricetag but i feel like alot of what they give for much more is far less than we got before. 

On 10/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, Hogun said:

I thought me and my friends would be getting our own Legends. That is a bummer. I see that Vulcan has a disc hinge for a neck joint. I am guessing Hasbro has heard my complaint after I told them that I had to use a pair of pliers to remove the neck joint from Ikaris because of that stupid dumbbell system.

I hope they do the Warriors Three before too long. Comic versions.