2021 Hasbro Pulse Con - Day 2 Coverage - Marvel Legends Panel Coverage

JayC

Forgot to mention, I wish they had shown the Anniversary Hulk. I need to know if I should cancel my Selects Hulk preorder.

Opinions, anyone: Should I go with the Anniversary Hulk or the Selects? I don't have 80th. We're thinking Anniversary Hulk should be 80th Hulk mold, right? What do we think the paint scheme will look like? Classic Green 60s/70s Hulk? 1st Appearance Gray Hulk? I'm thinking it won't be Joe FIxit comic Hulk or Peter David's Professor Hulk, though I want both of those.

So D'spayir, Knull and Vulcan and some repaints? I am a bit disappointed in the lack of new characters/figures. I know "leave them wanting more" is an entertainment adage, but not to the point your intended audience is disappointed. I at least wanted to see Toad. I'm sure they're reveal him soon, but it seems like this hyped event would be the right time to show off the new stuff rather than the re-releases. It's almost like Hasbro is trying to shift focus from 6 inch to 3 3/4 inch.

On 10/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, McHogan said:

That Tony Stark head has a strong resemblance to Charles Bronson and I can’t unsee it haha.

Stoked about the Captain America’s 2 pack. Those Chris Evans portraits are getting better and better. I’ve no real need for either figure but I’m buying on it’s awesome factor.

Be nice to see a red jumpsuit Hank Pym if Hasbro is going all in on the WCA.. ABSOLUTELY loved that comic back in the day..  so happy that team is getting some long overdue love. Grabbed both Vision and Wanda. Wanda’s classic colors are awesome. This Vision is miles better than that weird ‘translucent ‘ one they gave us earlier. Wish they had fixed his feet too... those rounded feet make him harder to stand.. guess I’ll flight stand him. Here’s hoping for more classic Avengers.

CE4587F3-7322-4B96-A6AE-BCDA8D7094DC.jpeg

B1F41EB8-9794-43DC-9C85-C028C1BE3D87.jpeg

Naw, pally, this is BRONSON, Missouri...

la3EnyHTTdE11vB__TdIQQ6oU84iHPj3gRT7q3OM4e0.jpg

Knull, well most likely will be a BAF, it will depend of the wave itself coz mostly I dislike Cates.

Vulcan and New Body, hell yeah! Maggot yeihh!!

Retrocarded: Scarlet Witch, ok thats a good repaint, I may get it. Vision, I just compared it with the previous one ... the white gem is a BIG missing item. Pass!

MCU: Captain Americas ... such a waste of a 2-pack with the desicion of not including Falcon wings. Winter Soldier ... meh, easy pass for everyone.

20 Anniversary Series: Captain America, great as I missed the 80th Aniv. Iron Man, easy pass! Happy with the teases, Hulk (as I didnt buy the previous one for that annoying Wolverine) and Toad!

Cartoon VHS Series: Wolverine I may get it for the picture frame (LOL) and the claws, Jubilee easy pass! Happy to see in the future again Jean Grey as I skip the 3-Pack (mostly for the Wolverine)

On 10/23/2021 at 3:04 PM, EvilHayato said:

".....definitely interested in Knull and hoping hes a deluxe....I really dig that 20th Cap but man I really dont like their background pieces and thats what we get instead of a baf part and add a few bucks more to the price. 😕....I feel like alot of what they give for much more is far less than we got before...."

I'm not up on the symbiote thing but if Knull is going to a reg release, I'll pick him up. I'm probably going to pass on the 20th Cap. Maybe. I just don't see the justification for the price increase. There certainly isn't justification for Iron Man. I mean, come on...the Stealth suit figure is still going for $18-20.00. That one and this both have 2 different heads, 4 hands, 2 blast effects. One has a BAF piece, the  other has a postcard. The only other thing the "toybiz" has that the Stealth doesn't, is the 2 small "swirl" effects. That's not worth $7.00-8.00 more than what we've been getting.

On 10/23/2021 at 7:17 PM, JayC said:

Hasbro is doing another private live-stream for premium members tomorrow at 5pm ET. So there may be a few more reveals tomorrow.

Would they really do new reveals on a premium-only stream? Have they done that before? I was thinking that would be an "inside design" with a sculptor or something like that.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:29 PM, NotNamed said:

Would they really do new reveals on a premium-only stream? Have they done that before? I was thinking that would be an "inside design" with a sculptor or something like that.

Yes last time they released images of the Cannonball and Domino figures for the three pack with Rictor. Of course last time even though they said it was only for premium members anyone could watch it if they had the URL. Dont know if it will be the same this time or not. They mention product reveals but nothing specific so IDK if every brand will get a reveal or not, if so probably one. They did a fan vote today with 3 options, the one that won was a villain  which had never been a figure before which was D'Spayre. The other two choices were a  hero who had never been done before which likely would have been the other comic book based figure from the Dr Strange wave or a character that had been previously released as a Comic Con exclusive which IDK what that one would be. So I could see them revealing one or both of those.

On 10/23/2021 at 3:50 PM, ransomz said:

"So D'spayir, Knull and Vulcan and some repaints? I am a bit disappointed in the lack of new characters/figures. I know "leave them wanting more" is an entertainment adage, but not to the point your intended audience is disappointed. I at least wanted to see Toad...It's almost like Hasbro is trying to shift focus from 6 inch to 3 3/4 inch..."

Well, for once we have to give them credit. We were told to lower expectations. I do agree about not leaving the audience disappointed, I can see that, but I didn't get the attempt to "shift focus to the 3 3/4".... 

On 10/23/2021 at 9:45 AM, JayC said:

The second day of Hasbro's virtual Pulse-Con continues with the Marvel Legends brand panel. Pulse-Con-2021-Marvel-04 2.jpg

Whoa! I missed that Falcon! Now I have very little use for that retro line, but that Falcon is one I'm getting! Classic outfit, and Redwing too? Wonderful harbinger of the 6" that must be just around the corner!!

On 10/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, NotNamed said:

The thread is like 4 pages.

Ya, for now, but I say that in retrospect too.

anyway, hella excited for classic Zemo, the  #1 baddie on my radar for a long time!! No way im letting Walgreens kill my buzz for it. And finally can add a classic Iron Man to my collection… I’ve skipped all Iron Men from the 80th annual up until this one.

Am I crazy, or did Hasbro change one of their questions? I don't recall the Comic-Con question being one of their teasers.

Either way, I'm 50/50 for most of these. D'Spayre looks cool, the anniversary line is meh (looking forward to Toad selling out in .26 seconds), Vulcan and Knull both look pretty good. I'm curious to see how well they'll execute Maggot, I can pass on the repaints and I don't do MCU stuff.

Zemo though; looks awesome. I get that it's a business and Hasbro are paid to have exclusives with retailers, but some Walgreens just don't stock anything, and you can't order the figures online. It'll be 20 bucks in store, if you can find it, and 40+ on eBay. Same reason I don't have Nova, or Moon Knight, or Quasar, I'm not going to pay double (or triple!) the price for a figure that's already barely worth the asking price. I really hope Walgreens gets stuff sorted out, and online orders can resume; either that, or at least offer them on Pulse.

Knull looks nice and I can't help but notice his hair and armor ressemble recent depictions of Dracula in The Avengers main book. So maybe a modern Dracula is coming our way. D'Spayre is an awesome, 'deep cut' villian and I've loved him since his debut in Marvel Team-up. And since he is classified as a 'demon' let's hope that bodes well for other such characters like Mephisto, Nightmare, Chthon, etc, at least as a fan channel or Pulse exclusive so the kiddies and parents don't have to see it in the toy aisle at Walmart. I think this will be my definitive Scarlet Witch. I'll pass on white Vision, I was never a fan, but I'm encouraged by the West Coast Avengers branding. We may get other WC characters I really want like the Shroud or their first major villian, Graviton (the Blank was just his henchman). Cap and IM look nice, but I wonder what the price tag will be. Glad to get another heavy hitter villain like Vulcan.  

Just checked the Pulse website and miraculously every figure is still available. Even the X-Men animated. I am shocked. I got them in the first minutes so afraid they would sell out. Now I am just waiting for them to restock the X-Force 3 pack. 

The Walgreens thing sucks. Yeah the idea is you go to the physical store and buy other stuff. But the only store in my area until the other day only gad Medusas and Magiks. They never get new  Legends or any Hasbro products.  Like Jay said Target and Walmart suck but at least the offer some amount of product online.  

While I use to be able to find the new ML releases at one of my local Walgreens, I have yet to find Nova, let alone Quasar, both supposedly released this summer and fall respectively. So I really can't be excited about the new Baron Zemo to be released by Walgreens next year. How much of this is caused by a backed-up supply chain, who knows. But until I have Nova, Quasar, and Binary, I don't expect to get excited about new Walgreens ML releases... unfortunate

On 10/24/2021 at 12:36 AM, FASVB said:

Just checked the Pulse website and miraculously every figure is still available. Even the X-Men animated. I am shocked. I got them in the first minutes so afraid they would sell out. Now I am just waiting for them to restock the X-Force 3 pack. 

Wish I could say the same about the Joe Classified figures.  Cap is OOS, though.

I know I said I liked Anniversary Iron Man earlier, but contemplating pre-ordering at $32 is tough. It would be a lot easier to justify at regular price.

Why does White Vision have feet? I've been trying to get over his Grayness.

Just noticing they made the flesh toned parts of Allfather Scarlet Witch pink here. Why, Hasbro, why? Why must you do this stuff? Passing on this. I guess this means I'm passing on Psycho Man too. I have no memories of him, the only reason to get him was because he created Malice, but there's really no possible way they'll release a Malice if they have to censor Scarlet Witch.

Here are my thoughts on the reveals

Baron Zemo: Finally a figure I have been wanting for ages gets made. A Must get

Retro Wanda: While I am a big Wanda fan, I have no interest in buying a figure we should have gotten the first time, Also it is a West Coast version so another reason not to get it.

Retro Vision: Hated the storyline and the figure looks awful. Easy pass

Vulcan: On a new mold is good, shame I don't like the character. Hopefully if the rumours of Havok being in this wave are true, he might also be on the same mold.

D'Spayre: Not a massive fan of the character, but it is a new villain, it will depend on the rest of the wave.

Toy Biz Cap: Have a classic cap so pass.

Toy Biz Iron Man: Have a classic Iron Man so pass.

MCU Figures: No interest in any of these.

XTAS Figures: I don't have that version of Logan, so maybe, the added photo is a nice touch. Jubilee is another case of the figure we should have gotten the first time around.

Knull: Looks good, but I don't care about the character.

Maggott reveal: Yes! Yes! Yes!