2021 Hasbro Pulse Con - Day 2 Coverage - Marvel Legends Panel Coverage

JayC

I’m looking forward to possibly getting d’spayre, knull, anniversary cap, and zemo.  Caps colors look great although I don’t see the reason for the increased price but I think the last anniversary wave had increased prices as well.  Guess people in Florida might get a chance at zemo but my Walgreens (plural) have no marvel legends at all. Hoping knull isn’t a baf. 

On 10/24/2021 at 1:26 PM, Bluecomet said:

With the 3.75 inch phoenix, i hope they re-release the 6 inch legends version of it with an updated head sculpt..if via animated series line, hope it won't be an exclusive 

Yeah, I would love a Phoenix that didn't look like Celine Dion

On 10/24/2021 at 2:26 AM, NotNamed said:

Just noticing they made the flesh toned parts of Allfather Scarlet Witch pink here. Why, Hasbro, why? Why must you do this stuff? Passing on this. I guess this means I'm passing on Psycho Man too. I have no memories of him, the only reason to get him was because he created Malice, but there's really no possible way they'll release a Malice if they have to censor Scarlet Witch.

Because that was literally Wanda's costume in the comics for decades?   She hasn't been "censored" in the least.  Unless you think having a black costume Spider-Man is "censoring" classic Spider-Man.

Didn't expect MCU stuff, at least not Captain America related. Normally I would be very excited, just like I was after reading the title of the topic, but after seeing the figures I was let down. Honestly I'll probably end up getting them, cause I don't have an original Winter Soldier figure and I still don't have a Captain America figure (besides Nomad Steve), but man they really didn't bother making them special. Besides some new headsculpts and some added paint apps, there's nothing really new. Cap could desperately use a new body (or at least some accessories since they didn't even bother doing anything to the body mold), Falcon should be the red suit version from the show, they didn't even include his wings to claim that this is for those who didn't collect the BAF pieces and don't get me started with the Winter Soldier body mold, that's like ancient and they didn't add at least SOME new parts...

Anyway, my rant ends here. I guess for anyone interested this is not too bad and likely their last shot at these figures. 

On 10/24/2021 at 8:57 AM, JayC said:

Why, they arent exclusives outside the US. Seems like these days people outside the US are finding things easier than those of us in the US.

It's the Walgreens Exclusive Baron Zemo, pulse exclusives X-men Animated Series Wolverine and Jubilee....similar to target exclusives Rogue and Gambit, people outside America have a difficulty of getting these ones.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:23 PM, Bluecomet said:

It's the Walgreens Exclusive Baron Zemo, pulse exclusives X-men Animated Series Wolverine and Jubilee....similar to target exclusives Rogue and Gambit, people outside America have a difficulty of getting these ones.

Don't know where your from mate but people in Europe and Asia have no problem getting any of the exclusive. In fact we can just go into our local Comic or toy stores and buy them, or if not just go onto an etailer. It's only the US and Canada that have exclusives.

On 10/23/2021 at 3:35 PM, NotNamed said:

"....Opinions, anyone: Should I go with the Anniversary Hulk or the Selects? I don't have 80th....What do we think the paint scheme will look like? "

Its a personal choice; I don't collect Select because usually they're not as articulated as Legends (though I am strongly leaning towards their Titanium Man). You say you don't have the 80th version. Ask yourself why you passed? Because if there was something about it you didn't like then, you won't like it now. Maybe the Select just does it for you. Or, maybe Legends wasn't around long enough for you to get it before it sold out?

I would say its a 99.9999% probability Hasbro is going with the 80th anniversary mold though. Probably gonna have a darker green like the toybiz version did. Just like Cap and Iron Man it'll probably have a different head.

On 10/23/2021 at 10:26 PM, NotNamed said:

"....Why does White Vision have feet? I've been trying to get over his Grayness.

Just noticing they made the flesh toned parts of Allfather Scarlet Witch pink here. Why, Hasbro, why? Why must you do this stuff? Passing on this..... really no possible way they'll release a Malice if they have to censor Scarlet Witch..."

The gray was a bad choice to go with that white, true. They should either have gone all white like they did with Magneto, Doom, etc. or just a hint of light blue. However, you asking about Vision's bare feet and Scarlet Witch's costume is odd, because that's the way they're supposed to look.  When the Vision attempted a global take over of all computer systems a rogue government agency kidnapped him, and took him apart. Hank Pym was able to re-assemble him, but his skin had been bleached of its normal red color, and he lost all his emotions. When he rose, he was naked. USAgent, being the uptight jerk that he is, demanded that he put some clothes on but the Vision didn't see a reason to. Later he got remanants of his costume that had been shredded when he was taken, and fashioned the cape and briefs. He didn't see the need for anything else.

The Scarlet Witch, for the majority of her time in print, has always worn a pink body suit leotard with the red one-piece and red gloves and boots. She isn't being censored- this is what her costume is supposed to look like.

On 10/24/2021 at 9:56 AM, Atlantis said:

The gray was a bad choice to go with that white, true. They should either have gone all white like they did with Magneto, Doom, etc. or just a hint of light blue.

I think they need to stop trying to PAINT the costume elements on a MONOCHROMATIC FIGURE!  I mean, that doesn't even work on paper.  Why in the world did it make it to full execution twice?  It would be so easy to knock white Vision out of the park with some pretty minimal sculpting.  Also I hate that skinny cape.  It has to go.

I liked the Witch's new deco enough to buy her a second time.  She looks great on the whole.  I only would have gone with the pointed knee high boots over the normal flat top ones they gave her and a different (or at least alternate) head that isn't so Adam Hughes-y.  It doesn't look bad, just anachronistic.  It's going to stick out in a bad way in any old-school Avengers display.

On 10/24/2021 at 8:50 AM, leokearon said:

Yeah, I would love a Phoenix that didn't look like Celine Dion

I have a plan for this:

Step 1: Find a replacement head for Juggernaut wave Phoenix.

Step 2: Use the old head to make a custom Celine Dion action figure.

Step 3: Use fireworks to publicly execute the Celine Dion figure for crimes against humanity via YouTube.

Step 4: Bear witness to the dawning of a new era of peace and prosperity for all mankind.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:26 AM, NotNamed said:

Wish I could say the same about the Joe Classified figures.  Cap is OOS, though.

I know I said I liked Anniversary Iron Man earlier, but contemplating pre-ordering at $32 is tough. It would be a lot easier to justify at regular price.

Why does White Vision have feet? I've been trying to get over his Grayness.

Just noticing they made the flesh toned parts of Allfather Scarlet Witch pink here. Why, Hasbro, why? Why must you do this stuff? Passing on this. I guess this means I'm passing on Psycho Man too. I have no memories of him, the only reason to get him was because he created Malice, but there's really no possible way they'll release a Malice if they have to censor Scarlet Witch.

The F#*$ are you talking about? Scarlet witch has always worn a pink suit under the red piece. I don't think her legs have ever been exposed before, besides late 90's maybe?

On 10/24/2021 at 9:54 AM, MonsterChris said:

I have a plan for this:

Step 1: Find a replacement head for Juggernaut wave Phoenix.

Step 2: Use the old head to make a custom Celine Dion action figure.

Step 3: Use fireworks to publicly execute the Celine Dion figure for crimes against humanity via YouTube.

Step 4: Bear witness to the dawning of a new era of peace and prosperity for all mankind.

I just replaced the Céline Dion head sculpt with one of the three (beautiful) head sculpts from the Cyclops & Dark Phoenix 2 pack.

But I suppose this works too.

On 10/24/2021 at 9:56 AM, Atlantis said:

The gray was a bad choice to go with that white, true. They should either have gone all white like they did with Magneto, Doom, etc. or just a hint of light blue. However, you asking about Vision's bare feet and Scarlet Witch's costume is odd, because that's the way they're supposed to look.  When the Vision attempted a global take over of all computer systems a rogue government agency kidnapped him, and took him apart. Hank Pym was able to re-assemble him, but his skin had been bleached of its normal red color, and he lost all his emotions. When he rose, he was naked. USAgent, being the uptight jerk that he is, demanded that he put some clothes on but the Vision didn't see a reason to. Later he got remanants of his costume that had been shredded when he was taken, and fashioned the cape and briefs. He didn't see the need for anything else.

The Scarlet Witch, for the majority of her time in print, has always worn a pink body suit leotard with the red one-piece and red gloves and boots. She isn't being censored- this is what her costume is supposed to look like.

Yep white Vision wore no shoes

Avengers_West_Coast_Vol_2_90.webp

On 10/24/2021 at 4:44 PM, HellspawnFan1172 said:

The F#*$ are you talking about? Scarlet witch has always worn a pink suit under the red piece. I don't think her legs have ever been exposed before, besides late 90's maybe?

Exactly the only times (that i can remember) Wanda has had her shoulders exposed in her classic outfit are after Heroes Reborn (which isn't the Allfather version as the boots are wrong) and one done by either Adam Hughes or Mark Brooks which is what the Allfather one is based on.

She has never had her legs exposed will wearing that outfit unless it is a colouring error.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:27 PM, tarot said:

Don't know where your from mate but people in Europe and Asia have no problem getting any of the exclusive. In fact we can just go into our local Comic or toy stores and buy them, or if not just go onto an etailer. It's only the US and Canada that have exclusives.

Indeed my local comic shop (Waterford Comics) gets in a large number of exclusives. The exclusivity of those figures is only in the country they are sold, other than that distributors can supply other countries with those exclsuives.

Overall this panel was even more depressing than I thought it would be. Soooooo much talking and tons of dead air and talking over each other, and I swear, if I gotta hear the excuse "well, this is LIVE" or any of it's derivatives, one more time I'm gonna......well.....just have to live with it. But still, you know what I mean. The void caused by the PLAGUE and so many projects continually being pushed back was clearly apparent so I know they had a lot of space to fill, and some of the guests were interesting, if a bit awkward (Lewalds), but I usually don't like this many words in a reveal event.

That being said, there is nothing, literally nothing here that i really gave a dry damn about. Knull looked cool. Y'know, just another Donny Cates "let's just take a copy of an existing character and make him bigger and stronger and better and call him the bestest and most terrifyingist evaaaah and call him a new character" creation. It is what it is. At least it wasn't another Clone Saga. Wait....kinda.....well, whatever. I'm Almost certain he'll be a BAF, if not for the No Way Home wave, but maybe an "emergency" 2nd, all movie based No Way Home wave, since there will be all those returning movie characters. I'm not gonna sweat it being too hard to find, unless they make it a WMart or Target exclusive.

The 3.75 line is just baffling to me to this point, overshadowed only by the insistence to keep pushing it. I'm a nostalgia freak, but not only do these things not hit the feels for me, but at $10+ it doesn't look like it's doing it for many others. Judging by the shelves in my WMs, anyway. Even through the mass shortage of product throughout the Plague and my crazy desire to purchase product (something, anything) did I find an excuse to buy these. Maybe that's not the case everywhere, but I've seen droves of them, literally everywhere I go, just sitting on the shelves. Even in clearance aisles I'm not compelled to get one. So....PASS.

I just loved, loved, loved the animated series and still do to this day, but naaaaa. These guys were exactly what I knew they'd be. Same toys, some new paint, a little cell shading (maybe?), maybe some tweaked head sculpts, a few nifty nostalgic accessories and all at a premium price. If that's your thing, I'm happy for you, but ill hold on to my paper for now.

I might pick up SW or White Vision if I get the chance but the ones I already got are sufficient. Bare feet aren't gonna upsell me on that. My current WS/Bucky suits me just fine. Baron Zemo? Sure I'll get him. If I see him. Cap and IM, hmm.....okay. Talk to me when Toad comes out.

This Pulsecon was actually a relief to my wallet as so I'll take the break. Those Monday and Friday reveals had been kicking my wallets ayass up till now.

On 10/24/2021 at 12:04 PM, leokearon said:

Exactly the only times (that i can remember) Wanda has had her shoulders exposed in her classic outfit are after Heroes Reborn (which isn't the Allfather version as the boots are wrong) and one done by either Adam Hughes or Mark Brooks which is what the Allfather one is based on.

I think that the Allfather wave design is probably based on a piece Adi Granov did.  I think this was used as a variant cover to an issue of Uncanny Avengers maybe?  Not accurate to anything she ever wore as far as I know, but it's a gorgeous piece.  I think he put a little Elizabeth Olsen in there.

9KOVkJND73EiwmTbsBc3cRwjvvcv7_hsY7ckgJGqrao.thumb.webp.12a43bab22993c5f0de58d14c9a6b9fc.webp

On 10/24/2021 at 6:08 PM, MonsterChris said:

I think that the Allfather wave design is probably based on a piece Adi Granov did.  I think this was used as a variant cover to an issue of Uncanny Avengers maybe?  Not accurate to anything she ever wore as far as I know, but it's a gorgeous piece.  I think he put a little Elizabeth Olsen in there.

9KOVkJND73EiwmTbsBc3cRwjvvcv7_hsY7ckgJGqrao.thumb.webp.12a43bab22993c5f0de58d14c9a6b9fc.webp

If he did use Olsen as a reference, he did it 2 years before she appeared in the MCU.