2021 Hasbro Pulse Con - Day 2 Coverage - Marvel Legends Panel Coverage

JayC

On 10/24/2021 at 11:44 AM, HellspawnFan1172 said:

The F#*$ are you talking about? Scarlet witch has always worn a pink suit under the red piece. I don't think her legs have ever been exposed before, besides late 90's maybe?

The only time i can remember her legs being exposed was from the 90s ironman cartoon.

sw.jpg

On 10/24/2021 at 10:54 AM, MonsterChris said:

I have a plan for this:

Step 1: Find a replacement head for Juggernaut wave Phoenix.

Step 2: Use the old head to make a custom Celine Dion action figure.

Step 3: Use fireworks to publicly execute the Celine Dion figure for crimes against humanity via YouTube.

Step 4: Bear witness to the dawning of a new era of peace and prosperity for all mankind.

I replaced mine with the regular alt head from the dark phoenix 2 pack and ended up throwing that ugly head into one of my marvel legends ebay auctions. They either got a bonus or a curse in the mail. 

Only really interested in Zemo, but him being a WG exclusive is a bummer.

Happened to be online at 3:30 friday so i caught some of the stream.  always cool to see these 3 even in a somewhat underwhelming, drawn-out presentation. they probably could've truncated the interviews a bit.

I do miss the days of the big toyfair and sdcc reveals, hopefully someday we can get back to that but i'm not so sure, feels like the current model of having constant announcements and new preorders up probably boosted sales and increased "brand awareness"

Glad there's not a lot today, between hunting Quasar and of course all the stuff that's coming out right now, my pre-orders and wallet need a break.  Will definitely be picking up that retro Scarlet Witch.  Really want that Zemo, but man, they still haven't learned with Walgreens.  The fact that they can't get them to stock their own ML or Lightning Collection exclusives, and yet, Hasbro keeps giving more and more to Walgreens? With all these Ebay exclusives, Nova, Quasar, and now Zemo in ML alone, I'll probably be cutting quite a few possible figures to cover them.  I'd love to get D'Spayre, and Vulcan too, but I'd pass on them completely if that's what it took to get Quasar and Zemo at scalper prices.    

Maybe even worse than Zemo himself being a Walgreens exclusive is that their new theme almost guarantees some heavily desired classic villains will never hit a shelf at any Walgreens.

On 10/24/2021 at 1:38 PM, greenlucario said:

Glad there's not a lot today, between hunting Quasar and of course all the stuff that's coming out right now, my pre-orders and wallet need a break. 

Guys, Quasar and Nova are in Amazon Mexico in case you have family there ...

On 10/24/2021 at 8:37 AM, SpiderS said:

Reissuing Scarlet Witch is great idea, pink color they used is the best shade of pink they could have picked but as for White Vision, they should have left that horrible headsculpt to the rest, it's not just ugly but  it looks nothing like his comic book appearance. 

THIS. I consider myself the Number One Fan for the Vision and yet I couldn't bring myself to buy this figure for that very reason. It doesn't look like him, and the gray is awful. I don't know what they were thinking when they came up with that "cape". However its a poor addition to a poor figure so all in all, its a poor production. 

On 10/24/2021 at 10:56 AM, JayC said:

Yep white Vision wore no shoes

Avengers_West_Coast_Vol_2_90.webp

TBH, I just didn't remember VIsion having feet. I saw someone complain about it, so I figured they were right.

Notice:

Wanda has exposed shoulders in this cover you posted from 1992. To be clear, it was her shoulders I was referring to. 

As for 80th Hulk: I didn't get him because I didn't want that Wolverine he was packaged with.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:43 PM, NotNamed said:

TBH, I just didn't remember VIsion having feet. I saw someone complain about it, so I figured they were right.

Notice:

Wanda has exposed shoulders in this cover you posted from 1992. To be clear, it was her shoulders I was referring to. 

As for 80th Hulk: I didn't get him because I didn't want that Wolverine he was packaged with.

This is just a coloring issue. In the issue itself, she does have the pink suit. 

On 10/25/2021 at 12:27 AM, tarot said:

Don't know where your from mate but people in Europe and Asia have no problem getting any of the exclusive. In fact we can just go into our local Comic or toy stores and buy them, or if not just go onto an etailer. It's only the US and Canada that have exclusives.

Good for you guys. In Australia, have to count on Zavii to get them but it seems they cancel preorders a lot... The partner of Gamestop here is Eb games/Zing would get random of those exclusives. Like Movie Cable or the Thunder Bird/Storm 2 pack which they have a lot....Other than that, I was lucky to snag a hellfire boxset but never saw it again for sale.

Walgreens ones and Pulse exclusives are hard to get. Comic Book shops rarely stock legends.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:03 PM, HellspawnFan1172 said:

This is just a coloring issue. In the issue itself, she does have the pink suit. 

Interesting. I just went back and looked at the comics. Looks like I only had the Galactic Storm, Infinity Crusade crossovers, and a couple other issues of Avengers West Coast. Maybe a couple issues of West Coast Avengers. I guess I don't really need any of those characters anyway.

I did end up ordering Cap from BBTS.

Pre-ordered the Wolverine and Jubilee VHS tapes that come with action figures hehe

I'm justifying the higher price point for the Wolverine meme figure with "at least it's not Mondo $200 price tag." And I wanted a second Jubilee figure (actually this will be my third. I've already got a boxed and unboxed Jubilee from the Caliban wave).

On 10/24/2021 at 12:39 PM, monron999 said:

The 3.75 line is just baffling to me to this point, overshadowed only by the insistence to keep pushing it. I'm a nostalgia freak, but not only do these things not hit the feels for me, but at $10+ it doesn't look like it's doing it for many others. Judging by the shelves in my WMs, anyway. Even through the mass shortage of product throughout the Plague and my crazy desire to purchase product (something, anything) did I find an excuse to buy these. Maybe that's not the case everywhere, but I've seen droves of them, literally everywhere I go, just sitting on the shelves. Even in clearance aisles I'm not compelled to get one. So....PASS.

Agreed. I’ve felt this way from the beginning. As a huge 3.75” Marvel Universe fan, seeing that line die to be replaced by these happy meal toys is an insult.

When they announced classic versions of Ant- Man, Vision and US Agent I wondered to myself if I’d pick them up when I saw them. Well, I’ve seen all three multiple times and they did nothing for me. They jus5 aren’t great figures. I’m curious why Hasbro pushes these or the 12” figures. Both clog shelves and stock never seems to go down. Are the 12” and 4” a different division? Just can’t see the upside that either get made. Seems that budget could go towards keeping a Legends prices down 

On 10/24/2021 at 3:40 AM, leokearon said:

Retro Wanda: While I am a big Wanda fan, I have no interest in buying a figure we should have gotten the first time, Also it is a West Coast version so another reason not to get it.

What makes you say this is a WCA version of Wanda? I mean, the card art says West Coast Avengers but she wore this exact version on the East Coast team for years

On 10/24/2021 at 9:21 PM, McHogan said:

Agreed. I’ve felt this way from the beginning. As a huge 3.75” Marvel Universe fan, seeing that line die to be replaced by these happy meal toys is an insult.

When they announced classic versions of Ant- Man, Vision and US Agent I wondered to myself if I’d pick them up when I saw them. Well, I’ve seen all three multiple times and they did nothing for me. They jus5 aren’t great figures. I’m curious why Hasbro pushes these or the 12” figures. Both clog shelves and stock never seems to go down. Are the 12” and 4” a different division? Just can’t see the upside that either get made. Seems that budget could go towards keeping a Legends prices down 

I love the classic designs, but hate the 5 POA. It's just insulting. They've done better before.

On 10/25/2021 at 3:23 AM, McHogan said:

What makes you say this is a WCA version of Wanda? I mean, the card art says West Coast Avengers but she wore this exact version on the East Coast team for years

I say it's just to go with vision. With us agent coming they may also be trying to build that team.

On 10/24/2021 at 10:28 PM, NotNamed said:

I love the classic designs, but hate the 5 POA. It's just insulting. They've done better before.

Agree about the classic suits. Thankfully Legends has been knocking classic suits out of the park in recent months with new announcements and new releases. 

Only wish that If Hasbro wanted to continue 3.75” figures they would have stuck with the Marvel Universe line. 

On 10/24/2021 at 10:11 PM, McHogan said:

Agree about the classic suits. Thankfully Legends has been knocking classic suits out of the park in recent months with new announcements and new releases. 

Only wish that If Hasbro wanted to continue 3.75” figures they would have stuck with the Marvel Universe line. 

Totally concur. These 5 POA figs look like Hasbro reached into the 80s secret wars line for these. These need to be sold at Dollar tree.

On 10/24/2021 at 3:43 PM, NotNamed said:

"TBH, I just didn't remember VIsion having feet. I saw someone complain about it, so I figured they were right.

Notice:

Wanda has exposed shoulders in this cover you posted from 1992. To be clear, it was her shoulders I was referring to..."

They were wrong. You gotta do your research.

Wanda's shoulders aren't "exposed";  this is a coloring error. All you need to do is open the actual comic and you will see she doesn't have her cape on, and she's in the pink leotard as normal (like, as in for over 40 years in print).  This kind of error is not surprising in comics when you see just how they go about the coloring process. But none of that supports your accusation in the first place, that they were censoring her. They weren't. 

On 10/25/2021 at 3:23 AM, McHogan said:

The packaging says so, so it must be true.

Still I baffled on why they put these two on different Packaging style and not like the other retro characters.

On 10/24/2021 at 6:54 AM, MonsterChris said:

"...Step 1: Find a replacement head for Juggernaut wave Phoenix.

Step 2: Use the old head to make a custom Celine Dion action figure...."

They should have used that head/face for the Calisto figure. HER buck should've been on that spindly preteen thing they're so fond of using. Its just ridiculous that they rarely can get these right.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:38 PM, JayC said:

Yes last time they released images of the Cannonball and Domino figures for the three pack with Rictor. Of course last time even though they said it was only for premium members anyone could watch it if they had the URL. Dont know if it will be the same this time or not. They mention product reveals but nothing specific so IDK if every brand will get a reveal or not, if so probably one. They did a fan vote today with 3 options, the one that won was a villain  which had never been a figure before which was D'Spayre. The other two choices were a  hero who had never been done before which likely would have been the other comic book based figure from the Dr Strange wave or a character that had been previously released as a Comic Con exclusive which IDK what that one would be. So I could see them revealing one or both of those.

The email invitation I just got says "Join us for an exclusive livestream from 1027 Hasbro HQ with behind-the-scenes content, reveals, & select product drops."

So yeah, sounds like they're going to make it worth tuning in.  Then again, I guess there's no guarantee that any of the reveals or drops will be of Marvel products.