2021 Hasbro Pulse Con - Day 2 Coverage - Marvel Legends Panel Coverage

JayC

On 10/25/2021 at 3:06 AM, leokearon said:

The packaging says so, so it must be true.

Still I baffled on why they put these two on different Packaging style and not like the other retro characters.

Ah ok, I just took your statement to mean you won’t buy because of the branding. To each their own haha..

lit is odd I agree that Tigra especially wasn’t in WCA branding or the same as Wanda or Vision.

Very much hoping more classic Avengers, WCA or otherwise get into this or an upcoming wave. Maybe this is how we finally get Trench coat Wonderman!

On 10/25/2021 at 10:44 PM, Atlantis said:

When did Wonder Man have a trench coat?

Yeah I meant the Safari looking jacket.. tho I bet I could find a image somewhere with Simon rocking a trench.. but tha5 seems like a lot of work at the moment haha

On 10/25/2021 at 7:08 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

pfff yall know what he meant 🙄🙂

No, did not know what he meant. A safari jacket and a trench coat are two different things. And a lot of characters are or were sporting trench coats and trench coat- type garb. Dr. Strange had his cloak turned into a coat for a time. Nick Fury wears/wore one. Then there's Spider-Man Noir, Gambit, Multiple Man, Fantomex, Photon...I could go on. I'd not seen Wonder Man in one, though, which is why I asked.

@Atlantis well my bad then but see you’re a knowledgeable fella & know about everyone else’s coats 🤷‍♂️.  “Maybe this is how we’ll get trench coat Wonder Man” talking about classic WCA retro cards… just seemed kinda obvious, is all. Sorry that I overestimated you, ok?! 🙃

On 10/26/2021 at 4:21 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

@Atlantis well my bad then but see you’re a knowledgeable fella & know about everyone else’s coats 🤷‍♂️.  “Maybe this is how we’ll get trench coat Wonder Man” talking about classic WCA retro cards… just seemed kinda obvious, is all. Sorry that I overestimated you, ok?! 🙃

Not to throw a wrench in, but just going by memory, I don't think Wonder Man wore the safari jacket on the WC team. Maybe in the original 4 issues limited series, before it became a regular ongoing title. He did wear what I consider his worse costume, the green one with a giant red W on the chest/shoulders attached to a giant red M going down from there to his ankles... and a jet pack. Anyway, I really hope that costume will not be what we get, lol!

SO, if the TB 20th Anniversary Sub-Line is going to go past Cap, Ironman, Hulk and Toad, I am curious which figures are most likely to be re-done. Given that there is a Ghost Rider 50th Anniversary next year, Ghost Rider and Blackheart are strong candidates. Angel hasn't had a single figure release in well over a decade, so he is a very strong candidate. Since they have been showing a lot of respect to classic versions of characters lately (upcoming Doctor Strange, Retro Vision, Ultron, Dormammu), Beta Ray Bill, Powerman, and Iron Fist could be strong contenders. But we have also never been given a truly great Daredevil, so that one could make the cut (though probably more likely in a Spiderman wave). Finally, Namor with the water base from early in the line - that could also make it.  Those are the ones I think might make it in the line...or at least I hope they do!

On 10/27/2021 at 5:16 AM, Jormungand said:

Not to throw a wrench in, but just going by memory, I don't think Wonder Man wore the safari jacket on the WC team. Maybe in the original 4 issues limited series, before it became a regular ongoing title. He did wear what I consider his worse costume, the green one with a giant red W on the chest/shoulders attached to a giant red M going down from there to his ankles... and a jet pack. Anyway, I really hope that costume will not be what we get, lol!

Yeah, he only wore the safari suit in the mini. In the main series he wore the black shirt/vest look, before the awful green affair.

On 10/27/2021 at 2:06 AM, Psychosomatic said:

SO, if the TB 20th Anniversary Sub-Line is going to go past Cap, Ironman, Hulk and Toad, I am curious which figures are most likely to be re-done. Given that there is a Ghost Rider 50th Anniversary next year, Ghost Rider and Blackheart are strong candidates. Angel hasn't had a single figure release in well over a decade, so he is a very strong candidate. Since they have been showing a lot of respect to classic versions of characters lately (upcoming Doctor Strange, Retro Vision, Ultron, Dormammu), Beta Ray Bill, Powerman, and Iron Fist could be strong contenders. But we have also never been given a truly great Daredevil, so that one could make the cut (though probably more likely in a Spiderman wave). Finally, Namor with the water base from early in the line - that could also make it.  Those are the ones I think might make it in the line...or at least I hope they do!

For what it’s worth, the rumoured number of anniversary figures (13) exactly corresponds to the total number of figures in the first three Toy Biz waves, which were the only waves to release in 2002. I have a hard time believing Affleck Daredevil would get a figure, but who knows?

On 10/27/2021 at 2:12 PM, Benn said:

For what it’s worth, the rumoured number of anniversary figures (13) exactly corresponds to the total number of figures in the first three Toy Biz waves, which were the only waves to release in 2002. I have a hard time believing Affleck Daredevil would get a figure, but who knows?

maybe they will switch of Affleck and redo classic Daredevil? I can see them doing that but I also see a number of 2-packs and box sets as well. Plus of course, sigh, exclusives.

On 10/26/2021 at 11:16 PM, Jormungand said:

I don’t think he did but I was really just referring to his classic designs around those times anyway. But hey looky there

FF5811DF-7E65-43AB-AC12-93AC8272B6D5.thumb.jpeg.2d4164b20a3eeb159c29a98f06a94563.jpeg

On 10/27/2021 at 2:27 PM, tarot said:

maybe they will switch of Affleck and redo classic Daredevil? I can see them doing that but I also see a number of 2-packs and box sets as well. Plus of course, sigh, exclusives.

I could see it happening. Affleck was a secret bonus figure originally after all and it would make sense to hold off on that until 2023 for it's 20th anniversary 

On 10/27/2021 at 8:33 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I didn’t think he did either but I was really just referring to his classic designs around those times anyway. But hey looky there

FF5811DF-7E65-43AB-AC12-93AC8272B6D5.thumb.jpeg.2d4164b20a3eeb159c29a98f06a94563.jpeg

I hear ya, I was just referring more to the idea circulating that if we got a WC Wonder Man, it would be in the safari jacket, when in fact it would be one of his other costumes. And there it is issue one of the mini! Glad to see my memory isn't completely gone, lol! Now if I can just convince Hasbro to give me that character right in the middle and in his classic bad guy digs.

On 10/27/2021 at 2:06 AM, Psychosomatic said:

SO, if the TB 20th Anniversary Sub-Line is going to go past Cap, Ironman, Hulk and Toad, I am curious which figures are most likely to be re-done. Given that there is a Ghost Rider 50th Anniversary next year, Ghost Rider and Blackheart are strong candidates. 

God I need a hasbro-ized Blackheart so damn bad. That old toybiz one, even tho i was so hyped for it when it came out, has not aged all that great and with hasbro improving alot of sculpts and figures, that would be amazing. I dont even care how they make him, baf, deluxe or whatever, just gimme gimme. I need him and Shuma Gorath to finish up my Capcom Marvel Super Hero roster. 

On 10/27/2021 at 12:39 PM, Jormungand said:

I hear ya, I was just referring more to the idea circulating that if we got a WC Wonder Man, it would be in the safari jacket, when in fact it would be one of his other costumes. And there it is issue one of the mini! Glad to see my memory isn't completely gone, lol! Now if I can just convince Hasbro to give me that character right in the middle and in his classic bad guy digs.

As pointed out you are correct, his Safari Jacket was retired after the mini as his ongoing he was without the red jacket. I get it, it wasn’t a very super looking suit...

But.... he did wear it for many years and is one of his more memorable suits from his formative years as a Avenger.. I’m betting in the next year or so we finally get a Safari version. But clock is ticking.. Hasbro May move on from classic versions and into more modern looks before you know it. 

On 10/27/2021 at 12:35 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Probably. Either that or this.

13578482-7B96-46C4-A3C4-2AF57473BC5B.thumb.jpeg.9d7bc668964749e5214fde3b2e4f8b43.jpeg

Need this version too.. tho Hasbro really needs to decide on ONE mold for Vision.. standing next to each other his various versions could be different “men” altogether 

On 10/27/2021 at 8:46 PM, McHogan said:

Need this version too.. tho Hasbro really needs to decide on ONE mold for Vision.. standing next to each other his various versions could be different “men” altogether 

Well I hope this means they won’t be going back to the sunfire buck. That one never really screamed Vision to me anyway — not enough V shape.

On 10/27/2021 at 5:46 PM, McHogan said:

Never cared for that outfit. Seemed completely pointless. Although not as awful as the hulkbuster wave version. But I definitely agree, the Vision should be on one mold regardless of what outfit he's sporting. The white Magneto buck would be great for him. Better yet, the new upcoming Vulcan buck!

On 10/28/2021 at 12:57 AM, Atlantis said:

Never cared for that outfit. Seemed completely pointless. Although not as awful as the hulkbuster wave version. But I definitely agree, the Vision should be on one mold regardless of what outfit he's sporting. The white Magneto buck would be great for him. Better yet, the new upcoming Vulcan buck!

Vision has always been one of my very favorite characters. So I would have to say, I'm still waiting for him in his classic costume, but also with the right musculature and height. I still believe there is room for a new buc that is for muscular but tall and lean characters, ie 6'3" to 6'4". Not just him, but Silver Surfer, Cyclops and any number of other characters that are taller than 6'2" but not as muscle-bound as say a Thor, Hercules, or Sabretooth. I didn't watch the Vulcan video, but he doesn't look tall enough to fit the bill next to Spider-man. So I guess I'll keep waiting and hoping... and not buying the undersized and drab WC Avengers Vision. Yes, one buc for Vision, but I don't think we have been given the right one yet.