2021 Hasbro Pulse Con - Day 2 Coverage - Marvel Legends Panel Coverage

JayC

On 10/28/2021 at 6:51 PM, Jormungand said:

"Vision has always been one of my very favorite characters. So I would have to say, I'm still waiting for him in his classic costume, but also with the right musculature and height....Yes, one buc for Vision, but I don't think we have been given the right one yet..."

His cape hasn't been done correctly not once yet. The "vintage" version had the length right, but the collar should've been more curved, but above all, it doesnt have the cord. They've painted his belt on for every figure done and it should have been a separate, solid piece, just as they did for Puma or Night Thrasher. And I cannot understand why they wont give him pointed boots; there are a number of Marvel characters that have these so its a decent re-use. DC Essentials gets it right, even McFarlane does, so why can't Hasbro? They make unique boots for all kinds of figures (Shatterstar, Omega Red, the first Nova they did, Kree Sentry) so why not the Vision? The one time they did the boots correctly was for the Ares wave (even though they were painted on), and that one didn't have the boot cut. 

• 1 month later...

Cookie Time has shared with us these in-hand images for the new Marvel Legends MCU Marvel Legends Series Captain America 2-Pack from Hasbro. He also posted up an unboxing video which you can check out below. This set is available from our sponsors EntertainmentEarth and BigBadToyStore.com.

00.jpg

Cap-2pk-01.jpg

Cap-2pk-02.jpg

Cap-2pk-03.jpg

Cap-2pk-04.jpg

Cap-2pk-05.jpg

Cap-2pk-06.jpg

Cap-2pk-07.jpg

Cap-2pk-08.jpg

Cap-2pk-09.jpg

Cap-2pk-10.jpg

Cap-2pk-11.jpg

Cap-2pk-12.jpg

Cap-2pk-13.jpg

Cap-2pk-14.jpg

Cap-2pk-15.jpg

Cap-2pk-16.jpg

Cap-2pk-17.jpg

Cap-2pk-18.jpg

Yeah not really that impressed with this 2 pack, I get the idea, but re-releasing Sam Wilson Cap after it literally came out less then 6 months ago is a cheap trick and it doesn't even come with the wings, should have been a different fig with this cap, I get they had a whole Cap & Cap thing going but they could have done an accurate MCU US Agent with a Sheild instead of this exact same Wison Cap, I'm sure this will be a hit though because everybody still wants that Worthy Cap (or unworthy since this doesn't have Moljnir)

anyways easy peezy pass for me.

"One of my men told me they made the Captain America Falcon figure without wings again. 
I nearly had him flogged for lying, because I knew Hasbro Legends couldn't be that stupid".

- Paraphrased from LADYHAWKE, 1985

Jeez another improved Steve Rogers.. Hasbro is killing me with having to buy the same figures over and over..

but.. this set is so full of Cap goodness I can’t resist. Sam is great as Cap so far and is a good man, really hoping his solo film doesn’t rely too heavily on politics. Just give us a great story. 

Steve  will always be Captain America though. And arguably outside of  Iron Man had the best arc in the entire MCU. And no one will top Steve standing down Thanos’s entire army by himself. 

Ill be grabbing the new Winter Soldier as well but THAT figure suffers from the same thing the Mar Vell and Rage figures suffered from: He looks way to cartoony. And compared to the excellent face printing of the recent Infinity Saga figures this is a huge let down. Guess this figure gets displayed with the masked head too.  I know this WS is from the D+ series but Was hoping for an IW accurate headsculpt at some point..

Double checked the pics again and see Sam does have some slight paint additions. So along with the unmasked head ( long over due) and the updated Steve head, I can justify another Cap purchase. 

Now please Hasbro, since you want to do simple repaints, how about fast tracking that US Agent apology figure?

tempting as it can be, i am somehow getting second thoughts that maybe this might not be worth my money, maybe unless if it was on clearance but even then if going on clearance it might vanish off quickly for my experience.

I never do get to buy 2 packs cause of such thing or for that matter i don't even bother getting them cause i always felt like i always want one out of the two figures included, would never work if i did get one as well.

Cookie Time has shared with us these in-hand images for the new Marvel Legends MCU Updated Winter Soldier figure from Hasbro. He also posted up an unboxing video which you can check out below. You can purchase this figure from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and EntertainmentEarth.

00.jpg

Winter-Soldier-01.jpg

Winter-Soldier-02.jpg

Winter-Soldier-03.jpg

Winter-Soldier-04.jpg

Winter-Soldier-05.jpg

Winter-Soldier-06.jpg

Winter-Soldier-07.jpg

Winter-Soldier-08.jpg

Winter-Soldier-09.jpg

Winter-Soldier-10.jpg

Winter-Soldier-11.jpg

Winter-Soldier-12.jpg

Winter-Soldier-13.jpg

Winter-Soldier-14.jpg

Winter-Soldier-15.jpg

Winter-Soldier-16.jpg

Winter-Soldier-17.jpg

Winter-Soldier-18.jpg

Winter-Soldier-19.jpg

Winter-Soldier-20.jpg

Winter-Soldier-21.jpg

On 12/1/2021 at 4:01 PM, McHogan said:

"...but.. this set is so full of Cap goodness I can’t resist. Sam is great as Cap so far..."

Not really crazy about the shade of red and blue they're using on this figure; I prefer the Marvel Legends version used in that 3 pack with the Vision and (ugh) Kate. I do like that they gave him a unique Captain America outfit, and not just him in a Cap mask. I don't care at all for the red/black outfit Falcon's sporting in the latest comics, and hope he goes back to red/white soon. But when they do, they should give him the red visor he's wearing here. It really looks great with the red/white suit! Overall, though, I can't see any benefit to the collector in getting this. Looks like a cash grab to me.

A cheap cash grab from Hasbro. They could have included the wings or Mjolnir as an incentive, but no. You just get an additional head that looks like Will Smith and fists on a figure that is still on store shelves. Hasbro could have retooled the Bucky figure with new pinless tech like they did with Cyclops from the House of X wave in addition to the new heads.

The Winter Soldier is certainly the best Bucky MCU figure yet, although it is just that old 2014 body mold with new paint, looks so much better, the face scan...eh it's alright the head looks a bit odd, but I see what they were trying to do, I thought the likeness on the FATWS figure looked a bit more accurate, but that Mask up head sculpt is awesome, will I buy this likely no, but it's cool for what it is.

And, just behind Retro Fantastic Four Invisible  Woman, the runner-up in the 2021 Hasbro Marvel Legends award for the most awful, wtf-were-they-thinking? totally unrecognisable, hideously ugly and appallingly bad face sculpt...it's the Winter Soldier! Yes, it's another entirely unnecessary repack of an ancient, not-even-good-the-first-time-around figure they've done to death. Plus HORRIFICALLY bad new heads. Hurrah!!

That's waaaaaaay too many non-comic-based Winter Soldiers. Do you know why? Because they all suck. And this John Merrick Winter Soldier is really flagging that up. Holy toast, it's brutal. I think it's widely known that Sebastian Stan is a pretty good-looking fella. This head does not look like Sebastian Stan (even the geeky-looking headache he played in 'We Have Always Lived In the Castle') - it looks like a prototype for the Mr Hyde BAF.

You know what doesn't suck? Hasbro's comic based Winter Soldier figures. The oldest of which included short and long-haired head sculpts. Both great. Figure still looks great. How hard would it have been to just  change the hair, or- gasp! - pack in an alt head and slap a mask onto the Crimson Dynamo BAF Wave Comic-Based Winter Soldier? The Winter Soldier figure people like. Oh, wait, someone's saying a comic-based Winter Soldier single will hit on a retro-carded single in Spring 2022. Double hurrah. Go Hasbro.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:32 AM, JohnF said:

An updated and accurate Winter Soldier from IW would indeed be something that I'd like to see as well. Don't know if it'll ever happen now to be honest. 

IF they ever revisit IW a Winter Soldier my guess would be in a Infinity Saga type sub wave like we got earlier this year.

Id also like a Legend of the suit Sam wore as a Falcon in the D+ series. Probably his best look. This one seems like a no brainer.. 

On 12/3/2021 at 4:36 AM, McHogan said:

IF they ever revisit IW a Winter Soldier my guess would be in a Infinity Saga type sub wave like we got earlier this year.

Id also like a Legend of the suit Sam wore as a Falcon in the D+ series. Probably his best look. This one seems like a no brainer.. 

Agreed on the Winter Soldier part and definitely agreed on the Falcon part. His best look by far for me and I was pissed when they didn't put him with this look in that two pack with Steve...it would have been so much better and if this pack does well as it is, it'd do even better had they included his last look as Falcon. 

On 12/3/2021 at 12:56 AM, JohnF said:

Agreed on the Winter Soldier part and definitely agreed on the Falcon part. His best look by far for me and I was pissed when they didn't put him with this look in that two pack with Steve...it would have been so much better and if this pack does well as it is, it'd do even better had they included his last look as Falcon. 

Oh yeah.. Sam’s Falcon suit added to the box set instead of rehashing his Cap suit is so obvious but it’s clear they were going for the Cap set.

plus, thinking Sam’s D+ suit gets a deluxe release with his correctly colored wings  ala the Vulture deluxe figure

On 12/3/2021 at 10:54 PM, McHogan said:

Oh yeah.. Sam’s Falcon suit added to the box set instead of rehashing his Cap suit is so obvious but it’s clear they were going for the Cap set.

plus, thinking Sam’s D+ suit gets a deluxe release with his correctly colored wings  ala the Vulture deluxe figure

Yeah, man unfortunately that's what they wanted to do with that pack .... I think that even a two pack of two different Steve Rogers figures would have been better...and not because I don't want Sam in it. 

I also agree that they'll do that D+ red suit Sam eventually in some kind of deluxe release. 

• 1 month later...