Jean And Storm Joining Hasbro's New Marvel Legends X-Men: Animated Series Anniversary Line, But What About Morph???

JayC

This past weekend at Pulse-Con Hasbro officially announced a new Marvel Legends sub-line for 2022 that would be celebrating the original release of the X-Men: Animated Series which debuted on Fox back in October 1992. These figures are being released as HasbroPulse/ShopDisney exclusives.

The first two figures announced for this line were Wolverine and Jubliee which went up for pre-order on the Pulse website on Saturday.

Henry points out that in the figure descriptions for the Wolverine and Jubilee figures on the Pulse site it mentions that Storm and Jean Grey will also be joining the line.

"Look for more Marvel Legends X-Men action figures inspired by the classic animated series, including Jubilee, Storm, and Jean Grey (Additional figures each sold separately. Subject to availability)"

We can assume both of these figures will be variations of the Jim Lee versions we've already gotten in the Marvel Legends line similar to what we saw with Wolverine and Jubilee.

So will that be it or does Hasbro have more figures planned for this line beyond the 4? Honestly we have know idea but it seems to me that if Hasbro doesn't give fans an Animated Series Morph figure, it will be a huge missed opportunity. Morph is a character who made his debut in the Animated Series before any version of him appeared in the comics. If you are going to celebrate the Anniversary of the series, how could you not include the one character exclusively made for that series?

While the X-Men Animated Series version of Morph did have a 5" figure done by Toy Biz back in the day, the character has never appeared in 6" Marvel Legends form even though he is one that has been repeatedly asked for by fans over the years.

Like I say, I have no idea how many actual figures Hasbro has planned for this Anniversary line or if Morph will be one of them, but I would be pretty surprised if he isn't. Of course if he is coming I am sure he will be the final figure announced for it.

00.jpg

XMAS-01.jpg

XMAS-02.jpg

XMAS-03.jpg

XMAS-04.jpg

XMAS-05.jpg

XMAS-07.jpg

XMAS-08.jpg

XMAS-09.jpg

I really dig the packaging and the whole idea behind these, they look really nice for what they are, but I have no interest in picking any of these up (at least so far), they are just tweaked re-paints and I am exhausted with seeing all the Wolverines I already have (that I could do without), and I don't think Jubilee needs an replacement, fun, but also don't really care about the whole animated shading and so forth, cool way to get some classic figs that people really want out to the people who missed em.

Looking forward to pony-tailed Jean Grey. I wasn't a fan of how they did that hairstyle on the additional head they included in that Love Triangle pack.

I hope they improve the cape on TAS Storm (from that retro-carded wave. The cape on that was weak).

It is kind of unfortunate that these carry a higher price tag than even the new price-hiked BAF'ed figures. Though I loved me my TAS so I was always going to pick these up.

On 10/25/2021 at 4:11 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I really dig the packaging and the whole idea behind these, they look really nice for what they are, but I have no interest in picking any of these up (at least so far), they are just tweaked re-paints and I am exhausted with seeing all the Wolverines I already have (that I could do without), and I don't think Jubilee needs an replacement, fun, but also don't really care about the whole animated shading and so forth, cool way to get some classic figs that people really want out to the people who missed em.

The packaging is nice, Hasbro seem to have a thing for VHS tape packaging with these, Draculus and those Power Rangers Zord figures

On 10/25/2021 at 8:23 AM, leokearon said:

Morph already appeared in the comics before the show, he is the animated series version of Changeling.

Still he needs to get a figure 

You have an issue #, cause I am pretty sure he was in the series before ever appearing in the comics.

On 10/25/2021 at 5:13 PM, JayC said:

You have an issue #, cause I am pretty sure he was in the series before ever appearing in the comics.

Changeling/Morph first debuted in Uncanny X-Men #35, 25 years before the animated series

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-animated-series-thunderbird-death/

On 10/25/2021 at 12:21 PM, leokearon said:

Changeling/Morph first debuted in Uncanny X-Men #35, 25 years before the animated series

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-animated-series-thunderbird-death/

But wasn't it only in the AoA that Morph and Changeling were identified as alternate versions of each other? Do you think the Animated series Morph was intended to be an update of Changeling?

An example of a good retcon, I think.

On 10/25/2021 at 5:36 PM, Chunkylover said:

But wasn't it only in the AoA that Morph and Changeling were identified as alternate versions of each other? Do you think the Animated series Morph was intended to be an update of Changeling?

I includeda link which states that Morph is Changeling.

They needed a sacrificial lamb and originally it was going to be Thunderbird but they released there might be unfortunate cognations if the killed off the Native American member.  So, they looked through the X-Books and came across Changeling, who was another X-Men who died (he was impersonating Xavier at the time.) So they decided to use him instead, but the couldn't call him Changeling because that was Garfield Logan's aka Beast Boy's name at the time.

On 10/25/2021 at 12:36 PM, Chunkylover said:

Here's Kevin Sidney from The Uncanny X-Men #65.  I think it's pretty clear that Morph was the animated series' take on Changeling rather than just some random character they were inspired to create based on a shapeshifting power.

Changeling_(Earth-616)_from_Official_Handbook_of_the_Marvel_Universe_Vol_2_16_page_50_a.thumb.webp.b2ffc0a92ace185b12dfdd738fec3211.webp 250px-Morphanimted.thumb.png.bc8abec3b22b9469d3f573620fbc3dc1.png

On 10/25/2021 at 12:40 PM, leokearon said:

I includeda link which states that Morph is Changeling.

They needed a sacrificial lamb and originally it was going to be Thunderbird but they released there might be unfortunate cognations if the killed off the Native American member.  So, they looked through the X-Books and came across Changeling, who was another X-Men who died (he was impersonating Xavier at the time.) So they decided to use him instead, but the couldn't call him Changeling because that was Garfield Logan's aka Beast Boy's name at the time.

Cool. Thanks.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:02 PM, leokearon said:

If/When they do Morph, I hope he includes an interchangeable jacket (Like Reed and Moira's labcoats), Good and Evil heads, along Cyclops and Wolverine heads like the 90's Toy, and his blaster.

Yes. I really liked that concept when I saw it with Moira. It would be nice if the Love Triangle Cyclops had that as an option.

Aw man thats the Jean I want but I dont want the dang cartoon shading to it... maybe after they do that mold, they ll re-release it in a wave that has a normal style.