Jean And Storm Joining Hasbro's New Marvel Legends X-Men: Animated Series Anniversary Line, But What About Morph???

JayC

On 10/26/2021 at 6:37 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

Any hints if we're getting more than Wolverine, Jubilee, Storm and Jean?

Edit: Oh I'm seeing Ryan strongly hints at Morph. That's 5 characters. I wonder if there's more coming in this batch.

I would be very surprised if we didn't get the whole team done

On 10/26/2021 at 2:17 AM, leokearon said:

I would be very surprised if we didn't get the whole team done

Yeah, they got all the resources. There shouldn't be much new stuff, say for a few accessories like Wolvie's picture frame. Given the way the AoA waves were done it's a shame they didn't do this as a wave. It woulda been a great way to do that Blob redo that everyone's been asking for. Then again, as bad as that so called cell shading looks I'm not sure they could get the colors under his man boobs just right.

On 10/26/2021 at 11:13 AM, monron999 said:

Yeah, they got all the resources. There shouldn't be much new stuff, say for a few accessories like Wolvie's picture frame. Given the way the AoA waves were done it's a shame they didn't do this as a wave. It woulda been a great way to do that Blob redo that everyone's been asking for. Then again, as bad as that so called cell shading looks I'm not sure they could get the colors under his man boobs just right.

These wouldn't have worked as a BAF wave, there aren't any new figures, it's a group of repaints. I would guess a lot of people wouldn't be happy Double dipping just to get a new BAF.

On 10/26/2021 at 11:41 AM, leokearon said:

These wouldn't have worked as a BAF wave, there aren't any new figures, it's a group of repaints. I would guess a lot of people wouldn't be happy Double dipping just to get a new BAF.

They could have made the BAF a Juggernaut repaint in an animated deco.  Apocalypse might have worked as well with a few changes.

Happy for those that are psyched for this… but I’m glad my wallet will be spared once again. Sorry Hasbro, I don’t need 27 variations of Wolvie, 16 different versions of Storm, etc… I just want as many from the rosters, and villains as possible. Thankful to finally get Maggot soon, still waiting on Marrow, Reyes, Joseph, Sage, proper Wolfsbane, Cypher, Rusty & Skids, not to mention Avalanche, Destiny, Exodus, all the Marauders, more Morlocks, Acolytes etc… but yeah - got the animated series straight after AOA… what next, House of M..? Gulp!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 6:45 AM, Cyke82 said:

If they ever decide to give us animated Xavier, hope they make him in the Savage Land outfit. It would be a new version and wouldn't need another wheelchair which would increase the price even more.

Xavier - savage land.jpg

That would be a good idea

On 10/25/2021 at 4:47 PM, tarot said:

To people discussing the comic Morph, the reason he was called morph in the cartoon and the AOA comic was because DC's Beast Boy was name Changling at the time so they had to change it to Morph for legal reasons. But like @leokearon said the Comic version of Morph was Changling in the comics.

No, actually, he wasn't. "Morph" from the cartoon was an "original" character they created to kill off in order to establish a sense of gravitas. He was kind of a loose pastiche of BOTH Changeling and Mimic from the comics, sort of a binary version of what Hanna-Barbera did with Black Vulcan, but was never actually intended to BE either.

So no, while AOA Morph was created as a call-back to the cartoon, and Changling and Mimic were loose inspirations, there has never been a comic version of the animated Morph . . . outside the comic adaptions of the cartoon that is.

On 11/10/2021 at 3:17 PM, mako said:

No, actually, he wasn't. "Morph" from the cartoon was an "original" character they created to kill off in order to establish a sense of gravitas. He was kind of a loose pastiche of BOTH Changeling and Mimic from the comics, sort of a binary version of what Hanna-Barbera did with Black Vulcan, but was never actually intended to BE either.

So no, while AOA Morph was created as a call-back to the cartoon, and Changling and Mimic were loose inspirations, there has never been a comic version of the animated Morph . . . outside the comic adaptions of the cartoon that is.

Yes he was. 

Eric Lewald, one of the showrunners stated in his book about the making of the series that originally they were going to to use Thunderbird and kill off him off, similar to how he was killed off after Giant Sized X-Men #1. However, they realised that killing off the only Native American at the start of the show would be a bad idea, so Eric looked for another sacrificial lamb and through his research found Changeling. However, since DC owned the trademark to the name, they renamed him Morph.

On 11/10/2021 at 10:40 AM, leokearon said:

Yes he was. 

Eric Lewald, one of the showrunners stated in his book about the making of the series that originally they were going to to use Thunderbird and kill off him off, similar to how he was killed off after Giant Sized X-Men #1. However, they realised that killing off the only Native American at the start of the show would be a bad idea, so Eric looked for another sacrificial lamb and through his research found Changeling. However, since DC owned the trademark to the name, they renamed him Morph.

No, he wasn't.

I never read your book, but I'll see your Eric Lewald, and raise you Supervising Producer/Executive in Charge of Production of X-Men, Winston Richard from Comic Scene #30, Dec. 1992.

On 11/10/2021 at 5:11 PM, mako said:

No, he wasn't.

I never read your book, but I'll see your Eric Lewald, and raise you Supervising Producer/Executive in Charge of Production of X-Men, Winston Richard from Comic Scene #30, Dec. 1992.

I've never read Comic Scene #30, but according to Eric Lewald's Previously on X-Men: The Making of an Animated Series, Morph is Changeling. 

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-animated-series-thunderbird-death/

That's is what I have read and that's what I'm going with.

Not gonna happen, but I would love a redo of the Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel. She IS a major part of Rogue's origin, plus the tooling already exists.

I figure that gives her a slightly better chance than most of the pipe dreams on this thread. Just throw some of that crap cell-shading on an old 3-pack Danvers and slap it in a VHS box.

Would love a redeco-ed Ms. Marvel figure!

Along with Savage Land Green Fatigued Xavier.

I know this "Jim Lee" Jubilee was a good chance for others who missed it the first time and I know this is an unpopular opinion but I would've wanted her white and pink overalls with the brown Jacket that she wore in the Omega Red episode.

tumblr_54e8b78094ee2e8494d9be072578465e_3c0f15b2_640.jpeg

On 11/10/2021 at 11:25 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

Would love a redeco-ed Ms. Marvel figure!

Along with Savage Land Green Fatigued Xavier.

I know this "Jim Lee" Jubilee was a good chance for others who missed it the first time and I know this is an unpopular opinion but I would've wanted her white and pink overalls with the brown Jacket that she wore in the Omega Red episode.

tumblr_54e8b78094ee2e8494d9be072578465e_3c0f15b2_640.jpeg

I wouldn't mind that version of Jubilee