Diamond Select Toys Marvel Select Apocalypse Figure First Look

JayC

On 10/26/2021 at 5:38 PM, monron999 said:

If only the final product ended up looking so good. But don't count on it.

I do. Look at theiir track record on giant figures. Odin/Destroyer, Juggernault, most recent Immortal Hulk and Titanium Man.  Not mentioning the last 2 Thanos. I jsut want to know how big. at  leas 9" 

'

On 10/26/2021 at 7:52 PM, Bluecomet said:

Thanks Marvel Select 😀 the legends baf was hopeless to acquire..hope this has good articulation, like how dst improved on their comic hulk

Exactly, I have AoA Apocalypse, but the 616 version is a major hole in my display. He'll be only my second Select figure after Abomination.

I'd probably get this if it looks like a plastic version of these pictures since I never built that BAF, and don't think I ever will at this point, so a nice big classic Apocalypse for my collection would be rad, don't care if it's DST as long as they do it right.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:54 PM, FASVB said:

I do. Look at theiir track record on giant figures. Odin/Destroyer, Juggernault, most recent Immortal Hulk and Titanium Man.  Not mentioning the last 2 Thanos. I jsut want to know how big. at  leas 9" 

'

I have faith they’ll find a way to mess up the face. They’re fine when it comes to fully masked figures, but I have yet to see any Select face look anything other than awful.

I'm so damn excited for this. I'm not going to lie never been the biggest fan of DMS kinda a hater before have cherry picked like their OG Thanos. But famn bro I bought their silver Centurion Iron Man and their Titanium man, and wow that have made leaps and bounds. And now I have to go back and purchase their Iron Giant. Makes me so happy I'm back into their line. Will 100% cherry pick for bigger characters and possibly some more Iron man related characters(I really hope they do a war machine). So I am very excited for this since I missed out on ML build a figure wave Apocalypse and passed on their single release cuz I have never been a fan of The age of Apocalypse look.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:37 PM, MonsterChris said:

Articulation depending, I may be tempted.  The recent Legends BAF is really great and I love it, but I wish it was a little more "classic" in design.  Fall of the Mutants Apocalypse is best Apocalypse.

That’s my fav Apocalypse as well.
I won’t rule this one out but I still think Hasbro will release the baf with classic deco & throw him on a deluxe retro card. Some day.

CF294257-2063-436E-B90A-4E06911D9786.thumb.jpeg.34f62c5f49b43930dd4806c5a8813880.jpeg6B450105-64ED-4228-ADD2-674B3B192E88.thumb.jpeg.debac67e17d644a2835a0c8cb83bbd5e.jpeg

On 10/26/2021 at 4:54 PM, FASVB said:

'

I agree with how well they do with the larger figures, especially the recent Hulk which was basically an upscaled and tweaked version of the very well done ML version. It's just that I have a problem with some of the articulation decisions they make on some of these figures. They still use hip hinge joints and ball joints on occasion. What's the point of making big beautiful pieces of artwork only to ruin them with terrible articulation.

Again, the latest Hulk was amazing and if they ever wanted to take that undersized ML Sasquatch figure and give it a similar upscale and tweaking so that it will actually fit in correctly with my ML, then I would pre-order that yesterday.

Marvel Selects are hit and miss for me. They can have great sculpts but then add questionable articulation or lack of which kills sometimes kills it for me. I love their Juggernaut sheerly due to his size and appearance but his articulation is next to nothing. He is a great piece but not if you want sweet poses like you can do with the legends version. I havent bought a new select figure since probably sabertooth (which is an excellent figure, altho its become gummy/sticky over the years for whatever reason). Their really large figures tend to have very limited range of movement but i mean this is apocalypse, hes not going to be doing spidey poses. Just have a sick sculpt which they do pretty well and some cool arm attachments and im in. I have the hasbro and toybiz bafs which i love, but hey if this turns out awesome, i may add to that collection. 

On 10/27/2021 at 11:28 AM, monron999 said:

I agree with how well they do with the larger figures, especially the recent Hulk which was basically an upscaled and tweaked version of the very well done ML version. It's just that I have a problem with some of the articulation decisions they make on some of these figures. They still use hip hinge joints and ball joints on occasion. What's the point of making big beautiful pieces of artwork only to ruin them with terrible articulation.

Again, the latest Hulk was amazing and if they ever wanted to take that undersized ML Sasquatch figure and give it a similar upscale and tweaking so that it will actually fit in correctly with my ML, then I would pre-order that yesterday.

Man you are so right if they ever did a Sasquatch in similar quality to their latest hulk...I can only dream cuz the ML when aint cutting it with its lack of size.

• 3 months later...
On 2/18/2022 at 5:12 AM, Emnems80 said:

I hope it disappoints me. I've managed to stay away from the Immortal Hulk. If this looks amazing I'll be really tempted to replace all my larger Legends figures with Select lol

Lol that's what I'm saying I use to hate on them ngl but I started to pick up some of their figures here and there. Like I have their og thanos, cant move for #$## love it tho. Then I got their iron Giant, Titanium Man, and Silver centeurion. Man i was shocked by the quality and the pretty damn good articulation on the big guys. Before Statues, now DST stepped their #$## up. So, yeah I really just want thier big guys cuz damn if they continue this quality they got my money. Oh and the immortal hulk was fire. On the fence cuz I then need a similar size abomination, red hulk and few other big guys that I have from ML. Tough choices man.