Marvel Legends Brand Team Interview - New Look At Vulcan And Addressing The Haslab Sentinel Issues (Kinda)

JayC

MCUcollector24 today posted an interview he did via Zoom with the Hasbro Marvel Legends brand team which you can check out below.

In the interview Dwight shows off the new Marvel Legends X-Men Vulcan figure which they announced this weekend at Pulse-Con. Vulcan will be the first figure to utilize their new mold that was made to phase out the basic body that has come to be known as the Bucky-Cap mold. It will have pin-less joints and butterfly shoulder joints. While the quality of the Zoom footage isn't super clear we get a good size-comparison for the figure.

While not yet confirmed by Hasbro, Vulcan should be part of the next X-Men wave that will include Siryn, Havok, Darwin, Wolverine, Sabretooth and Maggott. No word yet on what the BAF for the wave will be.

Hasbro also confirmed that more Disney+ based figures would be coming though they didn't give any specifics. They also acknowledged that they were aware of the problems some folks had been having with things like loose knee joints on the Haslab Marvel Legends Sentinel. They didn't go into any specifics about the problems but loose knees seem to be the biggest issue most people have expressed having with the Sentinel since it started shipping out to folks in September. They really didn't have much advice to give other than to say for anyone not happy with the product should contact the HasbroPulse team and ask for advice on how to proceed. They did also say that they are learning from this campaign and would be taking what they learned and apply it to the Galactus one so it will be even better.

Marvel-Legends-Vulcan-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Vulcan-02.jpg

I still haven't even gotten my 3 Sentinels. They haven't shipped yet. The order still shows "Unfulfilled" on Pulse. I'm starting to get a little antsy at this point because our local comic book store owner got his over a month ago and has it displayed at his store.

The Vulcan mold looks good, but I'm hoping they don't just re-do a bunch of the same old characters just to put them on the new mold.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:01 PM, Hogun said:

I want this Vulcan to complete my Summers brothers. I expect him to come with some effects and perhaps they can redo Cyclops and Havok on this particular mold. I have always wanted Cyclops to come with butterfly joints.

unfortunately you need Adam-X now as well. 

Adam X, Rachel Summers (trench coat), Hope Summers, Kid Cable and Adult Cable (RoX/S.W.O.R.D.), Goblyn Queen are my big wants after this Vulcan which looks very good 

On 10/27/2021 at 3:57 PM, Reno said:

The Vulcan mold looks good, but I'm hoping they don't just re-do a bunch of the same old characters just to put them on the new mold.

That's exactly what they're gonna do in addition to making new , never before done characters on this new buck.  I can see a classic red suit DD done on this buck along with SS redo, classic retro Vision, classic Havok, classic Ironfist, classic Tarantula, classic White Tiger Hector Ayala, classic Angel, classic Yellowjacket, Starfox, & classic Punisher and many other characters in the 6'-6'2 hgt range

On 10/27/2021 at 11:19 PM, Gigantor said:

That's exactly what they're gonna do in addition to making new , never before done characters on this new buck.  I can see a classic red suit DD done on this buck along with SS redo, classic retro Vision, classic Havok, classic Ironfist, classic Tarantula, classic White Tiger Hector Ayala, classic Angel, classic Yellowjacket, Starfox, & classic Punisher and many other characters in the 6'-6'2 hgt range

And I'm not gonna lie I would be happy if they redid some of those goes cuz me and bucky cap aint cool with each other.  But Punisher tho..idk I feel like he is def. Should be on bigger bucks.

This figure is exactly the step in the right direction I've been hoping for. By all means, keep the Sunfire "super articulated" figure, but make one that's bigger, but equally "super articulated". Keep it going. And don't forget, the female figures need to have the kinds of range and variations the males do. Spider-Man, Captain America, and Thor are all excellent bases but no one would ever try to put a Cap figure on a Spidey mold, or Thor or Cap, Spidey on Thor,  etc. My Black Widow then shouldn't be interchangeable with Kate Bishop.

They're listening (somewhat), so don't let up. Wonderful news!

On 10/27/2021 at 8:19 PM, Gigantor said:

That is an amazing list of re-dos!  Daredevil, Silver Surfer, Iron Fist, and Angel especially. With all of those, the ones we know of  through 2022,  and maybe 10 to 20 others (Classic Drax, Ronan, Valkyrie, Nebula, Gamora, Yondu, Powerman, Hela, Blackheart, Mephisto, Phoenix, Marrow, Warriors Three, and a Frost Giant), my collection will be just about complete!

On 10/28/2021 at 3:08 AM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Lol! I need an Adam X just because he's a Summers bro right? 

Technically he isn't. He's not a Summers, as his parents are The Emperor D'Len and Katherine Ann Summers, not Corsair. He's still Cyclops half brother though.

On 10/27/2021 at 4:57 PM, Reno said:

I still haven't even gotten my 3 Sentinels. They haven't shipped yet. The order still shows "Unfulfilled" on Pulse. I'm starting to get a little antsy at this point because our local comic book store owner got his over a month ago and has it displayed at his store.

If you ordered it directly off Pulse you will get it eventually. My guess is these have been arriving from the factories in staggered shipments. Meaning they didnt get everyones in at the same time. Once they come in they then turn around and ship them out to folks. Since they havent shipped yours yet that likely means yours is still sitting out at sea on some cargo ship. Eventually it will arrive though at which point they will ship it to you.

On 10/27/2021 at 7:50 PM, icematta said:

I think they will, they usually do that...

Almost def over time they will re-release certain characters on the updated mold which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing, It's a good way to keep main characters new people to the hobby may have missed out on fresh and in the line, but its not like they are going to just start over and re-release nothing but figures they already did on the new molds.

On 10/28/2021 at 5:05 AM, JayC said:

If you ordered it directly off Pulse you will get it eventually. My guess is these have been arriving from the factories in staggered shipments. Meaning they didnt get everyones in at the same time. Once they come in they then turn around and ship them out to folks. Since they havent shipped yours yet that likely means yours is still sitting out at sea on some cargo ship. Eventually it will arrive though at which point they will ship it to you.

And speak of which, Ryan says in this Interview that almost all North America orders have arrived at the warehouse so sounds like yours should be shipping pretty soon.

On the quality control issue of the Sentinel some people are having, watching them dance around the question everyone is asking in these interviews is kind of funny. Since obviously they can't go back and make changes to the Sentinel what they should say is simply that if there is anyone truly that un-happy with the product they can contact Pulse-Customer service and request to return it for a refund and make it so Pulse will do that. I don't think many people would return it, but it should be an option since obviously enough people have voiced concerns about the loose joints.

In MCUCollectors review they do say contact Pulse for advice, but not that they can actually return it. I've seen some people say that Pulse wouldnt allow them to return the Sentinel for a refund, which I don't know is true or not, but if Pulse isn't willing to let people return it who are unhappy about the joints,  I don't know what the point of wasting your time contacting them.

One other thing I see being asked about in these interviews is the pricing increases. Hasbro in their answers are seemingly trying to put the blame on the retailers by saying retailers set their own prices. Yes its true retailers can set their own prices but Hasbro puts out the SRP (Suggested Retail Price). The SRP is basically the recommend price based on what Hasbro is charging the retailer and a set markup over that so the retailer can still make an actual profit. SRP is set mainly for the big boys like Target and Walmart who get sizable discounts for ordering in larger bulk than what the smaller guys can do. You will see some etailers or comic shops raise their price a couple dollars over the SRP because it costs them more to carry those products than say Walmart or Target.  Those small retailers also when Hasbro forces them to buy figures that aren't going to sell as well use those couple of dollars to offset losses they might be taking on unsold merchandise. In other words the toy industry and the way it sells these things to retailers is made to benefit the big guys over the small ones. Im not saying there aren't some legit reasons like the rising costs of shipping for some of these price increases but its very much the manufactures like Hasbro who are raising prices, so them trying to seemingly cast blame on the retailers to me is kinda of BS.

On 10/28/2021 at 5:40 AM, JayC said:

On the quality control issue of the Sentinel some people are having, watching them dance around the question everyone is asking in these interviews is kind of funny. Since obviously they can't go back and make changes to the Sentinel what they should say is simply that if there is anyone truly that un-happy with the product they can contact Pulse-Customer service and request to return it for a refund and make it so Pulse will do that. I don't think many people would return it, but it should be an option since obviously enough people have voiced concerns about the loose joints.

In MCUCollectors review they do say contact Pulse for advice, but not that they can actually return it. I've seen some people say that Pulse wouldnt allow them to return the Sentinel for a refund, which I don't know is true or not, but if Pulse isn't willing to let people return it who are unhappy about the joints,  I don't know what the point of wasting your time contacting them.

One other thing I see being asked about in these interviews is the pricing increases. Hasbro in their answers are seemingly trying to put the blame on the retailers by saying retailers set their own prices. Yes its true retailers can set their own prices but Hasbro puts out the SRP (Suggested Retail Price). The SRP is basically the recommend price based on what Hasbro is charging the retailer and a set markup over that so the retailer can still make an actual profit. SRP is set mainly for the big boys like Target and Walmart who get sizable discounts for ordering in larger bulk than what the smaller guys can do. You will see some etailers or comic shops raise their price a couple dollars over the SRP because it costs them more to carry those products than say Walmart or Target.  Those small retailers also when Hasbro forces them to buy figures that aren't going to sell as well use those couple of dollars to offset losses they might be taking on unsold merchandise. In other words the toy industry and the way it sells these things to retailers is made to benefit the big guys over the small ones. Im not saying there aren't some legit reasons like the rising costs of shipping for some of these price increases but its very much the manufactures like Hasbro who are raising prices, so them trying to seemingly cast blame on the retailers to me is kinda of BS.

I mean sure, but the fact of the matter is it doesn't matter what reason Hasbro gives, or how valid a reason it might be, people are going to complain anyway.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:23 AM, Jmacq1 said:

I mean sure, but the fact of the matter is it doesn't matter what reason Hasbro gives, or how valid a reason it might be, people are going to complain anyway.

I am not sure if your referring to the price or the quality control but the loose joints on the Sentinel is certainly a legit concern. To many people have expressed problems with it to just write off as whinny fans.  There is no real valid reason for it and at this point their is no changing it. That is why the proper response here should be we understand your complaints and for anyone truly not happy with the product we apologize and please contact our customer support and request to have it returned and your money refunded. We've learned from this experience and taking steps to ensure it doesn't happen on the next one. Again I dont know if they really aren't allowing people to return it and get their money back, but if they aren't then that is pretty ridiculous. Like I said I doubt many people would actually return it, but it should be an option if they want to since there are well documented issues about the joints being loose.