Marvel Legends Brand Team Interview - New Look At Vulcan And Addressing The Haslab Sentinel Issues (Kinda)

JayC

On 10/30/2021 at 9:11 AM, tarot said:

Ryan and Dan have confirmed that there will be one more live stream before the end of the year. In it they will be discussing their top figures of the year at least with a few more reveals.

I wouldnt be surprised if they have one in Nov and Dec

On 10/30/2021 at 3:38 PM, Atlantis said:

6:09 he stresses he wants to do Deathbird and Fang. Love to hear this because yes, she has that X-Men connection, but they can put her in a Captain Marvel wave too. And with Fang, this gives them yet another costume for Wolverine who they so love to make. 

Tell the truth, freak making Fang just for another Wolverine, Hasbro has to make Fang to start building up the core members of the Imperial Guard. And a New Gladiator on the retro Herc buck is a must! Vast majority of the bucks exist for these characters with only Warstar needing a new buck & he can be a BAF in a future X-men wave. The new Vulcan buck would be perfect for many of the male characters & the NightCrawler buck can work for Hobgoblin. Fang can utilized on the Wolverine buck as he is only 5'4. Titan could be a deluxe figure in 12-14' scale Neutron would need a more squat buck as he's not as tall as Colossus, but he is more massive/dense in musculature.

oWf3Mcu.jpgzpofZ4z.jpgTawIt1b.jpg?1zczSNzL.jpgyu7Zuct.jpgoZeukq1.jpgR6eh82h.jpg

On 10/30/2021 at 9:51 PM, Atlantis said:

I thought he was Corsair's unborn kid?? Katherine Summers was pregnant when they were all alien abducted, and D'Ken killed her when Corsair tried to escape. What they didn't know was that the fetus was removed from her corpse and then put in an incubation-accelerator. Did that change?

Adam X is what he is talking about. Adam was a clone created with D'Ken with Katherine DNA. Vulcan is still Katerine and Corsair son.

I honestly can't see them doing Legion of Superheroes before they finish out Inhumans or even start Starjammers, for that matter. I can see Fang getting made, like I said, because they're starting to hit the bottom for Wolverine variants. But...if there's one thing collecting these figures have taught us....its expect anything, at anytime. 

On 10/30/2021 at 6:52 PM, Atlantis said:

I honestly can't see them doing Legion of Superheroes before they finish out Inhumans or even start Starjammers, for that matter. I can see Fang getting made, like I said, because they're starting to hit the bottom for Wolverine variants. But...if there's one thing collecting these figures have taught us....its expect anything, at anytime. 

1st off, their Inhumans offerings of Medusa & Black Bolt were duds. Medusa's hair limits her pose ability  & Black Bolt was put on a small buck when he shoulda been on the Grim Reaper buck at minimum. So if they're gonna do the entire royal family in the near future, they need to figure out a way to do Medusa's hair FX right, probably gonna take multiple head sculpts with one being a relaxed mode & the other with her hair tentacles going wild. With the cost of these figs going up, they need to give us our money's worth!  Black Bolt can now go on the new Vulcan buck while Karnak can go on the Pizza Spidey Buck & Gorgon can be put on the new Herc buck with new lower legs & hoofs. 

As far as the IG is concerned, they can start including at least 2 per X-Men wave or even Avengers waves as they have battled both teams.  Use Warstar as the BAF in either an X-Men or Avengers wave. That we only have Gladiator as the sole representative of the IG in 20 yrs is unacceptable!  

Like I said, with these guys, anything can happen. It took almost 16 years to get an actual comic-accurate Ultron figure. Ultron's been around as a first-tier Avengers arch enemy for 52 years. Yet we got Hydra Stomper in less than three months after it aired on D+. I can't figure out how they prioritize what does or doesn't get done; there's only one member of the original Guardians of the Galaxy out there, the Inhumans aren't done ( and I agree that the ones that are, need a massive do-over) and the Starjammers haven't even been touched yet (nor the Invaders). The saving grace here I guess is that its possible we'll see all of these in the next few years to come, including, possibly, more of the Imperial Guard.

But I'm betting Wrecking Crew will show before they do!

On 10/30/2021 at 9:51 PM, Atlantis said:

I thought he was Corsair's unborn kid?? Katherine Summers was pregnant when they were all alien abducted, and D'Ken killed her when Corsair tried to escape. What they didn't know was that the fetus was removed from her corpse and then put in an incubation-accelerator. Did that change?

It did, X-men Legends #2 revealed that Adam is the son of D'Ken and Katherine Ann as part of D'Ken's Eugenics Program of merging Sh'iar DNA with other species.

On 10/30/2021 at 11:29 PM, Atlantis said:

Like I said, with these guys, anything can happen. It took almost 16 years to get an actual comic-accurate Ultron figure. Ultron's been around as a first-tier Avengers arch enemy for 52 years. Yet we got Hydra Stomper in less than three months after it aired on D+. I can't figure out how they prioritize what does or doesn't get done; there's only one member of the original Guardians of the Galaxy out there, the Inhumans aren't done ( and I agree that the ones that are, need a massive do-over) and the Starjammers haven't even been touched yet (nor the Invaders). The saving grace here I guess is that its possible we'll see all of these in the next few years to come, including, possibly, more of the Imperial Guard.

MCU is always going to be prioritized over comic for a number of reasons but mostly because the Studios who own the license want it that way and view these things as advertising for their movies/tv shows. U see Hydra Stomper on the shelf you might become interested in it and go check out the show ect ect. 

On 10/30/2021 at 10:29 PM, Atlantis said:

I'm with you on the classic Wrecking crew getting a long overdue redo. That outta scale limited articulation atrocious buck that Hasbro threw them on is a complete joke. Tallest member is Thunderball who's 6'6. 1825068433_Wreckerouttascale.thumb.jpg.914cdc2c9d2008fe7ff724c86f4b6046.jpg1281919160_Wreckingcrewthunderball-8.thumb.jpg.6829d665a170cce8eddeefef038b10ad.jpgWrecker is 6'3! Instead we got these beauties below! 3 members of the crew sport cookie cutter costumes that the Retro Hercules buck is perfect for. Wrecker is the only one that requires new tooling due to his attire.