1027 Marvel Legends Reveals

JayC

On 10/27/2021 at 6:54 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

I've always doubted that because how were they going to do Xavier?

Plus based on the iconic intro/theme Morph isn't part of the "core team."

Bingo. But Sinister confirmed just broadens the possibilities beyond those expectations I’ve been seeing over the web about it being just Morph and his teammates.

On 10/27/2021 at 4:04 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah only 3, which I always thought was weird, He's been depicted with 4 though, didn't that Kaiyodo figure have 4 Waldoes, did he have 4 Waldoes in the Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series I can never really remember?

either way looks like an amazing figure, at least from that 1 pic, almost looks import good.

Back in the day Hasbro took a swing at Iron Spider; they did  basic, a metallic-look, and a translucent versions. I got those. They all have 3 waldoes.  The Marvel Universe version has 4. 

One thing to remember is this is a render...maybe the final product will have 4. I'll be happy either way, as long as this doesn't wind up on walgreens.

Sinister: now this is how I wish Hasbro had handled the What If ? figures. Animated colors with molds that fit into my existing collection.  Don’t need any stylized weirdly proportions that cartoon figures tend to have. Just something different in paint apps that can seamlessly slip into my displays.

Iron Spider: A-fu@&ing-mazing!!! 3 mech arms are fine with me as this is his Civil War / Avengers suit. 

How many clones were made? 3 but one died? Or was it 2 but 1 died? Answer depends on how many of these beauties I’ll be getting..

pic from original Civil War cover

On 10/27/2021 at 7:56 PM, McHogan said:

Sinister: now this is how I wish Hasbro had handled the What If ? figures. Animated colors with molds that fit into my existing collection.  Don’t need any stylized weirdly proportions that cartoon figures tend to have. Just something different in paint apps that can seamlessly slip into my displays.

Iron Spider: A-fu@&ing-mazing!!! 3 mech arms are fine with me as this is his Civil War / Avengers suit. 

How many clones were made? 3 but one died? Or was it 2 but 1 died? Answer depends on how many of these beauties I’ll be getting..

pic from original Civil War cover

AD4C1FE5-0196-4BA1-9086-79B73E35D7E5.jpeg

There were 5 clones 3 died, 2 of them didn't wear the Iron Spider suit

On 10/27/2021 at 8:51 PM, Atlantis said:

Back in the day Hasbro took a swing at Iron Spider; they did  basic, a metallic-look, and a translucent versions. I got those. They all have 3 waldoes.  The Marvel Universe version has 4. 

One thing to remember is this is a render...maybe the final product will have 4. I'll be happy either way, as long as this doesn't wind up on walgreens.

Excellent point. How many arms does not matter to me at all. But if this goes to Walgreens I may as well forget about getting even 1. 

Lets see, Baron Zemo was announced as a 2022 Walgreens exclusive and Iron Spidey at first glance doesn’t line up with that reveal.. you know, as easy as Walmart has made getting their exclusives I’m kinda hoping he goes there.. tho general release would be ideal..

On 10/27/2021 at 9:01 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

There were 5 clones 3 died, 2 of them didn't wear the Iron Spider suit

Great info.. so looks like 4 is my magic number. But as Atlantis pointed out, be real nice if there were variants to differentiate one from the next

On 10/27/2021 at 9:04 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

I know people aren't fans of the cel shading, but that Sinister is DOPE...

I’ll say this cell shading is slightly better than their attempt at animated Venom.

ill also say Hasbro is not good at cell shading 😁

On 10/27/2021 at 5:36 PM, ADour said:

Happy for Iron Spider. I hope that metallic red makes it to the final product.

In betting they try, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that instead of painting it metallic they'll try to go metallic with the plastic and end up with the swirly looking finish. Personally I like it, but I guess a lot of people don't. Either way, this guys been a long time coming and I'm getting it.

I'm not getting the Animated X toys. I'm happy with the ones I got and whatever the hell they're trying to do with the paint, it ain't cell shading. Someone at Hasbro needs to make a friendly call to NECA and get a crash course on the proper way to pull something like that off.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:01 PM, McHogan said:

Excellent point. How many arms does not matter to me at all. But if this goes to Walgreens I may as well forget about getting even 1. 

Lets see, Baron Zemo was announced as a 2022 Walgreens exclusive and Iron Spidey at first glance doesn’t line up with that reveal.. you know, as easy as Walmart has made getting their exclusives I’m kinda hoping he goes there.. tho general release would be ideal..

Not an exclusive walgreens or other wise. It will be part of their Spider-Man 60th Anniversary Sub line as reported above.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:51 PM, Atlantis said:

Yeah true, I did think there was some cases he had 4 Waldoes, either way I don't care if it's 3 or 4 in the end, I'm sure you will be able to remove them, if say you want 3 or add if you want 4 if thats the case, either way just excited about seeing comic Iron Spider after all of this time.

On 10/27/2021 at 4:51 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Well so much for being just the core team.

Just watched one of the new interviews. Ryan Ting says getting the core team is the ultimate vision, but we won't get there in year 1. Dependent on the success of the first batch, so it's not even set in stone.

So for now it seems like it's Wolverine, Jubilee, Storm, Jean Grey and Sinister. And very strong hints of Morph. That's six, might be one more. Watch it be Magneto 😕

On 10/27/2021 at 10:05 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Man... Im not sure I can afford another line of X-Men toys..these animated figures look cool but I really need to think hard and decide which figures Im gonna buy. 

I feel you friend.. I had to make the same deciding on animated MCU stuff.. I reluctantly grabbed the “into the Spider-Verse” stuff but am actively searching for the What If?  Wave.. actually not sure where I land on animated stuff but until I make a hard and decisive decision I didn’t want to lose out on stuff I can get at retail now as opposed to POSSIBLY paying more if something becomes “must have” 

Can this Jubilee pass as comic/ classic version? She doesn’t look overtly ‘animated’ style’ .. I’ve been trying to collect the cartoon era / Jim Lee era X team mostly because Hasbro has made incredible versions of these classic characters. But the previous release is more expensive than I’d pay on a fringe team ( for me)

Im an Avengers guy so my X knowledge is limited on the X Universe...

I think she would pass but is there any expert out there that can say ‘yes’  she would fit in with the Legends that came before?

Yea that Jubilee can absolutely fit in with your other non-The Animated Series shelf. If you don't already have Lee, from the digital render the cel shading on Jubilee is barely noticeable.

Anyways, looks like Sinister comes in a chunkier box to fit his cape. So the Hasbro team isn't opposed to changing up the dimensions for this line. Not that Xavier's hover chair would fit this bigger box but it's good that there is this possibility.

sinister2.png