Iron Fist No More

JayC

Why is this rich boy walking in the rain like that with no umbrella. He could afford one, surely.

Is that a 3 fingered withered hand? 

Who is that in the window?

What is the meaning of that menacing shadow on the alley wall to his left? 

Stay tuned for these and other burning questions in our next episode!

On 10/28/2021 at 1:56 PM, Atlantis said:

Why is this rich boy walking in the rain like that with no umbrella. He could afford one, surely.

Is that a 3 fingered withered hand? 

Who is that in the window?

What is the meaning of that menacing shadow on the alley wall to his left? 

Stay tuned for these and other burning questions in our next episode!

Seriously what is that in the window?

On 10/29/2021 at 12:16 AM, MRT said:

I agree! I want a disco collar bare chested iron fist too and didn't like that they keep putting him on the pizza spidey body.

On 10/29/2021 at 12:33 AM, Atlantis said:

I'd rather see him on the Sunfire buck. 

I would also love to see him on the Sunfire buck. The ripped, slender Bruce Lee type build would work perfect for Iron Fist, just like Shang Chi. Our luck, they'll probably put Speedball on the Sunfire buck and Iron Fist on the Pizza Spidey buck again. Though I think it might be a tad too big, I wouldn't mind if they put IF on the new Vulcan buck either.

I can't believe a comic Power Man hasn't received a mainstream release to this point. Two Netflix releases and an exclusive Thunderbolts version. It seems kind of silly that he hasn't made it into the line yet. Then again, if they had done a mainline release it would have been done on the Hyperion buck again. At least now, if they do him again, he'll probably be done on the superior Odinson buck.

This February will mark a new beginning for the iconic super hero Iron Fist. Award winning writer Alyssa Wong, known for her outstanding work on DOCTOR APHRA, will team up with artist Michael YG, an extraordinary artist making his Marvel Comics debut, in IRON FIST. The five-issue limited series will see the legendary mantle of Iron Fist passed on to a new hero in a revolutionary transformation of one of Marvel’s most fascinating mystical mythologies. Fans can expect an epic hero’s journey in true Marvel fashion as this mysterious character unlocks long-hidden secrets behind the history of his ancient powers and confronts a threat that only he has the ability to defeat!

After giving up his power to save the world earlier this year in IRON FIST: HEART OF THE DRAGON, Danny Rand believes he’s seen the last of the Iron Fist. But when demons begin to attack cities around the world, a new hero appears, hands blazing with the Chi of Shou-Lao the Undying! Who is this new Iron Fist? And does his power really come from the Dragon of K’un-Lun… Or from something far more sinister? Fans will have to wait until the first issue to discover his identity but they can see him now on the stunning cover for IRON FIST #1 showcasing a brand-new costume design by superstar artist Jim Cheung!

Here’s what Wong had to say this upcoming series:

“It’s an incredible honor to introduce a new Iron Fist to the Marvel Universe. I’m excited to delve into the comic’s rich mythos and build on it. What does it mean for someone to take up the mantle of the Iron Fist right now, today? As a newcomer, how does one interact with legacy, and how does one honor it while forging a new path?

“I’m so stoked to work with artist Michael YG, colorist Jay Ramos, and the rest of the incredible team on this book. And writing this character, who views things through fresh eyes, feels very special to me.

“Working for Marvel is a dream come true, yet it was beyond any dream to be trusted to carry the legacy of Iron Fist,” Michael-YG says. “It is such an exciting new direction, I can’t wait for you to read all about it because I’m giving nothing less than my best efforts!

“The first issue is a dynamic, action-packed, eerie and…if I do say, charming comic,” Editor Mark Paniccia promises. “You’ll get the origin of this new Iron Fist but there are many cool mysteries that’ll unravel over the course of the series. Things even the most ardent Marvel fan would never expect!

Witness the rise of a new Marvel legend when IRON FIST #1 hits stands on February 16.

IRON FIST #1 (OF 5)
Written by ALYSSA WONG
Art by MICHAEL YG
Cover by JIM CHEUNG

Iron-Fist-01.jpg

On 10/29/2021 at 10:42 AM, monron999 said:

I would also love to see him on the Sunfire buck. The ripped, slender Bruce Lee type build would work perfect for Iron Fist, just like Shang Chi. Our luck, they'll probably put Speedball on the Sunfire buck and Iron Fist on the Pizza Spidey buck again. Though I think it might be a tad too big, I wouldn't mind if they put IF on the new Vulcan buck either.

I can't believe a comic Power Man hasn't received a mainstream release to this point. Two Netflix releases and an exclusive Thunderbolts version. It seems kind of silly that he hasn't made it into the line yet. Then again, if they had done a mainline release it would have been done on the Hyperion buck again. At least now, if they do him again, he'll probably be done on the superior Odinson buck.

I would be happy to see him on the Odinson buck, or the Hercules buck, though that might be a bit too large.

I get what they're doing and why. But I have never liked the idea of the "legacy" Iron Fist; it seemed so out-of-left-field, and didn't match up with his story in Marvel Premier or his own mag. On the other hand, I didn't find most of the assorted post-Byrne era Iron Fist series all that interesting, so I didn't read them and they may have had some developments I'm not aware of.  Don't know if I'll pick this new version up or not. But knowing Marvel and comics in general, the notion that Danny Rand-Kai is going off to the sunset, is highly unlikely.

Danny will be back eventually, hopefully Pei is also going to be back as well, cos I think she lost her powers like Danny in Heart of the Dragon mini 

Add Iron Fist to the loooooong list of multiple people running around with the same Super Hero title.. 

2x Power Man

2x Falcon 

2x Captain America 

2x Spider-Man... et all et all...

for the love of god just create new characters

It's one of the new characters who was introduced in 2019 known as Sword Master, because his broken sword is shown in the image with Danny's costume in the trashspacer.png