Marvel Legends Retro Collection Loki Agent of Asgard Figure Available For Pre-Order

JayC

On 11/2/2021 at 5:13 PM, tarot said:

Yeah, I'm going to skip this one. I have the Aforce version and nothing in this warrants me getting a second one.

Good for those who missed that box set though.

Same here, also thankful given the amount of stuff I do want.

Love this figure, but I do have the A-Force pack figure, only question is, is this figure at all any different then that version?, from what I can see this is exactly that figure re-released without a single change? which would be the first time Hasbro has done that (as of the last few years), they always change something, but looks like that's not the case here.

On 11/2/2021 at 12:00 PM, leokearon said:

Something's been bugging me with this figure. Didn't Hasbro  say that when it came to these Retro figures they were trying to keep to the spirit of these lines by trying to have characters that could ahve had a toy back when the lines were done.

That was before Hasbro discovered that almost anything in retro card sells!

On 11/2/2021 at 5:44 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Love this figure, but I do have the A-Force pack figure, only question is, is this figure at all any different then that version?, from what I can see this is exactly that figure re-released without a single change? which would be the first time Hasbro has done that (as of the last few years), they always change something, but looks like that's not the case here.

This one has interchangeable hands and that's about it 

My A-Force version has been in storage for so long I forgot how absolutely beautiful it is. Makes you look at certain aspects of recent figures like FA Storm and the latest Retro Sue Storm (yeeeesh!) and wonder how the hell did they manage to screw them up so bad. It looks pretty much the same as the A-Force one, with maybe a slightly darker (and shinier?) color palette. I might just have to pick one up just to take it out of the box. Just look at that head sculpt. Poor Sue's gotta be bawling her good eye out right now.

This is one time where I didn't mind the chain mail being screened on instead of molding. I do love that  metallic green shimmer effect of the paint. This figure is what I envisioned for Shilka. 

I do think they could've done something more to distinguish it from the A-Force box set; maybe experiment with the cloak this time and really try soft goods, toss in some magic effects, something.  That said, for anyone who didn't get it the first go round, this is a great second chance.

On 11/2/2021 at 3:18 PM, toycrypt said:

"I've gotta quit buying every Marvel Legend  that comes out. Lady Loki will be the first one axed in my new diet...."

This is a good decision. Even if someone can afford it, not every Marvel Legend deserves our time and money. Especially when for years, we the collectors have been saying we want this or that, and we either don't get it or, it comes to us half-assed. Or, its assigned to an "exclusive" outlet that collectors will just never ever see. 

To noone's surprise, the Vision is one of my favorite superheroes, and hands down my favorite Avenger. But he's yet to have an accurate Legends figure made. I bought the "vintage" figure and while it has some good points, overall its just an inaccuate figure. I didnt get the white version, which should have been easy for the team to get right and they still blew it. The MCU version is also nothing I could ever buy; the bland, washed-out colors, the silly shower curtain thats supposed to be a cape, the ridiculous seams all over his face, and worst, those simpering weak eyes...no thanks. Hard pass. Money saved.