Marvel Legends Pulse-Con Recap With More Insight On What To Expect In 2022

JayC

Hasbro the other week during Pulse-Con and their 1027 events provided a number of partial reveals for Marvel Legends coming in 2022. While most of these things I've already shared with you before, I thought I would compile everything in one place recapping what has been officially confirmed by Hasbro and filling in some of the blanks for what they didn't tell us. Of course for the parts not confirmed by Hasbro, we will treat as RUMOR until they do.

During Pulse-Con Hasbro gave us our first look at a new Marvel Legends Knull figure which is most noted as being in Venom comics and the King In Black series. Hasbro told us the figure will stand around 8" tall and feature two headsculpts and his sword.

What Hasbro didn't tell us is that this figure based on info I have seen will be released in a 2-pack. Details for the second figure have not been announced yet, but I don't think it's that difficult to figure out who it will be.

Hasbro during Pulse-Con also gave us our first look at the Marvel Legends Vulcan figure. Vulcan is the third Summer's brother and the figure will use a new body featuring their pin-less technology for the elbows and knees. The figure will also have butterfly joints in the shoulders. This figure will be their new go-to basic body that will over time phase out the use of the Bucky-Cap mold.

What Hasbro didn't tell us is how the figure will be released. Based on info I have seen this figure will be part of the next regular themed X-Men wave. We don't know what the Build-A-Figure for that wave will be, but the other figures that should be included in that wave are Havoc, Wolverine, Sabretooth, Siryn, Darwin and Maggott. Hasbro did tease one of Maggott's accessories during Pulse-Con.

During Pulse-Con Hasbro revealed the first two figures in their Toy Biz tribute Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary assortment. The two figures they showed were Captain America and Iron Man. which are now available for pre-order at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and EntertainmentEarth.

Since then Hasbro has officially confirmed that Hulk and Toad will be the next two figures released in this assortment.

No word yet on when those figures will be shown off or go up for pre-order, but these four figures re-create the figures released in the original first wave of Toy Biz Marvel Legends that came out in 2002.

I have seen indications there at least 8 other figures planned for this assortment that will see release throughout 2022. I have no info at this time on what specific figures those will be based on, but it sounds like Hasbro will be randomly picking characters from the old Toy Biz releases to do. Basically don't expect them to just move on to the second wave of Toy Biz characters after they release the figures from the first wave.

On top of celebrating the Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary, Hasbro is also releasing an assortment of figures celebrating the X-Men Animated Series which will be turning 30 years old in 2022. At Pule-Con they showed us the Wolverine and Jubilee figures followed by Mr. Sinister which they showed off a few days later at their 1027 event.

These figures are being released as Pulse-Con/Disney Store exclusives and available for pre-order on the

Hasbro Pulse website now. The figures cost $27 each and will come in special VHS type packing. The figures also feature cell shading to give them that animated feel and feature accessories from the show.

It's not known exactly how many figures for this assortment Hasbro has planned. The figures will see a staggered release throughout 2022 and based on the official solicitation text for this line, Jean and Storm will also be released at some point. Most assume we will also see the character Morph done being he was a character basically made specifically for the animated series.

Hasbro also gave us our first look at the comic book based D'Spayre figure.

Hasbro once again was lite on details for this one, but based on info I have seen it will be part of the upcoming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness wave. Also not revealed by Hasbro, but I expect to see a comic book based Sleepwalker figure released in this wave as well.

Finally Hasbro gave us our first look at a new comic based Marvel Legends Iron Spidey figure during their 1027 event.

Hasbro didn't provide a whole lot of details for this one, but based on info I have seen this should be one of at least 13 figures different Spider-Man themed figures Hasbro will be releasing throughout 2022 celebrating the wall-crawlers 60th Anniversary. Spider-Man made his first appearance in Amazing Fantasy #15 back in August 1962. The character was created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.

Of course that's not everything coming in 2022 for Marvel Legends. In fact fact this is just the tip of the iceberg from what I can tell. But this does cover everything Hasbro mentioned during Pulse-Con and their 1027 event.

Dr-Strange-Wave.jpg

Knull-2-Pack.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary.jpg

Spider-Man-60th.jpg

X-Men-Anniversary.jpg

X-Men-Wave.jpg

Thanks for the update! Still can't believe we are getting Maggot. Glad to hear your thoughts on the additional figures in the TB Anniversary line.  So many figures have been re-done in recent years, that when I thought about all the figures TB produced from wave two on, the only ones I could imagine them releasing would be Namor, Ghost Rider, Phoenix/ Dark Phoenix, Angel, Vengeance, Iron Fist, Blackheart, Powerman, Beta Ray Bill, Daredevil, and Blade.  Curious to see if any of these make the cut. 

So we're looking at 2 comic figures and 5 movie figures for the Doctor Strange wave? I'm cool with that. I'm still betting we'll see MCU Strange, Wong, America Chavez, Wanda and Mordo, alongside comic Sleepwalker and D'Spayre. BAF I could see maybe being MCU Rintrah, because he was in the leaked listings for Funko pops a while back, but it could just as easily be comic-based.  

Is Knull supposed to be part of the Spider-Man 60th also? I'm not terribly familiar with him, so who would he make the most sense to be packed with? I assume some version of Venom.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:46 PM, DrZarnak said:

I’d love a comics based Rintrah. That’s been a wish for me forever

I hope the BAF is a MCU figure so i dont bother to be huting the pieces like Armadillo ... but i wont be so worry if is Rintrah comic version as I have seen him only twice in my life

2022 looking super good so far, Knull, D'Spayre, maybe sleepwalker! woo those are boxes I want to check, also the anniversary line is shaping up nice, hope we see Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, and of course stoked to think we are getting a new Toad, the whole idea that Rintrah might be a BAF in a Dr. Strange wave is crazy awesome, Iron Spider looks super awesome.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:23 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

I'm hoping that Knull figure comes with a Venom figure that has the dragon wings and sword

That's exactly what I'm expecting.  Redeco of the animated Venom with plug-in wings maybe. 

This is all very exciting. If the anniversary line is indeed jumping all over the Toy Biz ML run and not just doing a linear recreation of early waves, there are a lot of missing TB characters. Hasbro has never made the following TB characters:

- The Mandarin (unless we're counting the two MCU versions)

- Longshot

- Mojo

- Wiccan

- Hulkling

- Patriot

- Iron Lad

- Howard the Duck

- Doop 

- Yelena Belova (again, not counting MCU)

- Franklin Richards

- Baron Strucker

- Blackheart 

- The Destroyer

- Dracula

- Werewolf by Night

- Frankenstein's Monster

- Zombie

- Baron Zemo (Heinrich) 

- Jigsaw

- Doombot 

As for notable costumes/looks TB did that Hasbro has not done:

- Classic Danny Ketch Ghost Rider

- Classic Luke Cage

- Classic Iron Fist

- 1st Appearance Iron Man

- Classic Falcon

- Astonishing Wolverine

- Thorbuster Iron Man

I could see most of those as potential revisits for Hasbro.

Yes! Hoping Sleepwalker is the true! One of my favourite characters. 

I agree that the Knull 2-pack will probably come with a Captain Universe Venom. 

On 11/3/2021 at 1:46 PM, DrZarnak said:

I’d love a comics based Rintrah. That’s been a wish for me forever

Rintrah would be cool! (and might help lead to a Inhumans Gorgon figure). However I'm thinking that a MCU Shuma-Gorath BAF might be more likely as the rumored primary villain in the movie.

On 11/3/2021 at 6:48 PM, watanabefan said:

Hoping the third Disney+ wave has Agatha Harkness and Infinity Ultron.

I saw a box artwork showing Infinity Ultron as the BAF, Agatha as regular figure, others were Zombie Iron Man, Thor with Howard (no BAF piece), etc

On 11/4/2021 at 1:50 AM, Legender said:

I saw a box artwork showing Infinity Ultron as the BAF, Agatha as regular figure, others were Zombie Iron Man, Thor with Howard (no BAF piece), etc

Dude that was a reddit members mock up of it. It wasn't real. I've actually seen it posted several times with people confirming it fake 

On 11/3/2021 at 3:21 PM, watanabefan said:

That's exactly what I'm expecting.  Redeco of the animated Venom with plug-in wings maybe. 

This is all very exciting. If the anniversary line is indeed jumping all over the Toy Biz ML run and not just doing a linear recreation of early waves, there are a lot of missing TB characters. Hasbro has never made the following TB characters:

- The Mandarin (unless we're counting the two MCU versions)

- Longshot

- Mojo

- Wiccan

- Hulkling

- Patriot

- Iron Lad

- Howard the Duck

- Doop 

- Yelena Belova (again, not counting MCU)

- Franklin Richards

- Baron Strucker

- Blackheart 

- The Destroyer

- Dracula

- Werewolf by Night

- Frankenstein's Monster

- Zombie

- Baron Zemo (Heinrich) 

- Jigsaw

- Doombot 

As for notable costumes/looks TB did that Hasbro has not done:

- Classic Danny Ketch Ghost Rider

- Classic Luke Cage

- Classic Iron Fist

- 1st Appearance Iron Man

- Classic Falcon

- Astonishing Wolverine

- Thorbuster Iron Man

I could see most of those as potential revisits for Hasbro.

I’m all for mandarin and the marvel monsters. 

Only ones I’m really itching to see right now are Toad and Hulk to round out that Series 1 wave. Thought it was kinda bullcorn that they only revealed the packaging and Iron Man at Pulse Con. That event wasn’t any more special than the ways they normally reveal stuff — leaving every wave and 2+ pack open-ended all the time.

But anyway, the legends 20th and Spidey 60th got me real excited for the year upcoming. Hope to see an upgraded, classic Hawkeye with good bow, quiver & arrow setup. And 100% fingers/arms/legs/eyes/balls crossed for 90s Ghost Rider. 
Ketch ‘22!

One of the burning questions I have and haven't seen it expressed in any of these forums (if you have, please excuse me), but yes we've been given a tease of Maggot's maggot, but are we gonna get two of them or are they gonna pull the old Infinity War Captain America double cross on us again, or are they gonna pigeon hole this character into the time after one of his maggots "died"?

I feel like they're just gonna cheap out on us and give us just one and try to play it off as the death excuse.

Edit: it's just been brought to my attention that one of his maggots did not die, rather he gave it away. Either way, it's just another convenient excuse for Hasbro and I'm betting they'll take advantage of it.