Marvel Legends Series Fantastic Four Retro Human Torch/Johnny Storm Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

danyytan takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Series Fantastic Four Retro Human Torch/Johnny Storm figure from Hasbro. This figure is sold as a Pulse Exclusive here in the US.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

642BEB6E-01FF-4795-85BA-A4005B6FE024.jpeg

327E15BE-9624-4308-A66A-7FA837E20E14.jpeg

4F938A33-DB96-4A54-983B-A8BED37B778C.jpeg

8DA53704-BF0D-4D73-8B1A-E050088BF145.jpeg

714C80D5-7B62-4C2A-A8B5-887F7D429733.jpeg

66A7BA48-C8E9-4827-A64F-14FD111B21AE.jpeg

F9C4670A-46B1-45FC-A429-4655524ED694.jpeg

457D00C3-46BD-4598-9EF8-19A9B5C04B0C.jpeg

F89BFB04-248B-4272-9B6B-2768BC1C2572.jpeg

This is good for the whole having the team in the same suit display, me personally I'm not interested in this figure, I don't care for a non flamed on torch, I think I'm just going to keep the Walgreens Flamed on torch (maybe if I see the retro flame on johnny in hand and it looks good I'll replace the Walgreens), I feel as though only Sue and Reed are the ones I want from these figs, I'll toss Walgreens thing and johnny into the display and that's doing it for me.

On 11/5/2021 at 10:26 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Meh he looks alright. Idc for depowered much either but I definitely like it better than the dark red jolly rancher man whose got to be the most upsetting figure for me this year. ML2 Torch still wins, deco wise.

Yes he does.  I don't understand how they keep getting this wrong.  At this point, I have to assume it's personal, lol.

I'm still holding out hope for an opaque flamed-on Torch among the 20th anniversary releases (with alternate Jim Hammond head, natch).

On 11/4/2021 at 8:07 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"...This is good for the whole having the team in the same suit display, me personally I'm not interested in this figure, I don't care for a non flamed on torch, I think I'm just going to keep the Walgreens Flamed on torch..."

They really need to work on getting the scale right within the team along with everything else. The first Walgreens release made the Torch too jacked, and tall, compared to where he should be (this version is way better).

But should Mr. Fantastic be that short, compared to Sue and Johnny? While I generally love how Byrne draws the FF, Buscema, Buckler, Romita, Perez, all of them drew Reed as taller (and more buff).

The Thing is indeed too tall here, but I don't see them re-tooling for a smaller version. There are larger bucks out there however of the other 3 members.  That might help tone the discrepancy down a bit.

The line up of the figures points out how Legends is missing the mark. That awful head on Sue is not only too big, it makes her upper torso look even smaller (again, this is a grown adult woman, not a teen, and she's never been that small before).  I'm hoping the previous heads will fit on this body though 'cause I think that will help. Also thinking about a Reed head on that Johnny body....