Has The Main Villain For Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Been Revealed?!? -Potential Spoilers-

JayC

This week an image for a piece of merchandise for the upcoming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness hit the internet giving us a look at who may be the main villain for the film.

The item is a coloring pad and puzzle and on the box we see Doctor Strange fighting the character known as Shuma-Gorath.

Shuma-Gorath is a supernatural demon who until recently is probably best known for being a playable character in the Capcom Marvel fighting video games. The tentacled one-eyed creature of course has been featured in the comics multiple times over the years but he also is not new to the MCU. The character made several appearances in the recent Disney+ What If...? series.

If Gorath is going to be heavily featured in the upcoming Dr. Strange movie, the begs the question of whether Hasbro will finally be giving us a Marvel Legends version of him in the near future? Could he be the Build-A-Figure for the upcoming Dr. Strange themed wave and if so what size would he be. In the Video Games he was not very big, but in the What If...? series he was portrayed as being quit huge, in fact probably larger than what Hasbro could reasonable do in action figure form. If the artwork on the puzzle box is an accurate representation of how he will appear in the movie, then it looks like he will be sized only a little bit bigger then how he appears in the video games.

I really hope this is so, Shuma is such a cool character and brings the whole lovacraftian vibe I love, It would be amazing to get a figure , and in terms of his size, he was always had the ability as far as I was concerned  that he is variable and can be larger or smaller depending on his choice or the area, if he's in the movie I'm sure it will be involving the the realm of death potentially as a multiverse place Strange goes in the movie, with probably great old ones, he certainly really works as a villain in the whole mutliverse thing, also it works with the whole ancient times thing happening in Wandavision and the salem 7 and now the eternals lore and celestials.

Shuma-Gorath? Works for me!! Yeah, that'd be interesting to see how Hasbro would handle a figure of him! I'd imagine they could do something pretty cool were they to make him around the size of MODOK, and give him bendy tentacles! Gawds, this makes me hope we'll see the likes of the In-Betweener, or Nightmare or Chthon in future Dr Strange films!! Really excited for this!!

i sorta had a feeling it be a different villain but at the same time i can't think of what other Doctor Strange villain could had been here, i bet Scarlet Witch might still play a villain role in this movie somehow, oh man not gonna lie but i'm anxious and kinda spooked to imagine what worst she can do.

On 11/5/2021 at 1:10 AM, Air-Walker said:

Shuma-Gorath? Works for me!! Yeah, that'd be interesting to see how Hasbro would handle a figure of him! I'd imagine they could do something pretty cool were they to make him around the size of MODOK, and give him bendy tentacles! Gawds, this makes me hope we'll see the likes of the In-Betweener, or Nightmare or Chthon in future Dr Strange films!! Really excited for this!!

Would really love an in-betweener. Then throw in some giant ass heads for Master Order and lord Chais and we really got something.

On 11/5/2021 at 5:10 AM, K9-K1N6 said:

i sorta had a feeling it be a different villain but at the same time i can't think of what other Doctor Strange villain could had been here, i bet Scarlet Witch might still play a villain role in this movie somehow, oh man not gonna lie but i'm anxious and kinda spooked to imagine what worst she can do.

Why would Wanda be a villain? Olsen herself stated she was already one in AOU and therefore they were done with that angle. Also Wanda is on other merchandise with Steven, Wong and Ms. America as one of the heroes, so the sooner these Wanda is a villain, Wanda will do a reverse HOM rumours end the better.

Come on, we all know the main villain is going to be Mephisto. 

Just kidding...😆

I saw Nerdist reporting on this the other day too. I think we've learned from the past that toy packaging doesn't necessarily mean it happening in the movie. I'll wait till there's a bit more concrete evidence then this, but considering those tentacles that showed up in What If, I guess there's a chance it's true.

On 11/5/2021 at 2:29 AM, leokearon said:

Why would Wanda be a villain? Olsen herself stated she was already one in AOU and therefore they were done with that angle. Also Wanda is on other merchandise with Steven, Wong and Ms. America as one of the heroes, so the sooner these Wanda is a villain, Wanda will do a reverse HOM rumours end the better.

can't argue with that, still i guess the best thing to do is wait and see, time will easily tell

On 11/5/2021 at 3:29 AM, leokearon said:

Well she certainly acted like a villain in wandavision. 

• 1 month later...
Shown below via LEGO is the new 76205 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Gargantos Showdown Set which is due out in January 2022.

The set does have some minor spoilers for the upcoming movie with what is likely one of the main baddies Shuma-Gorath. Of course this isn't the first product we've seen for the movie to show him. In early November we told you about a coloring pad and puzzle set that also featured him.

Besides Gorath we see the set contain mini-figures of Doctor Strange with a removable cape, Wong and America Chavez. Chavez will be played by actress Xochitl Gomez in the movie.

On the packaging we see Scarlet Witch in the corner confirming the reports she will be in the film as well.

While LEGO may have jumped the gun about a week or so in putting these images online, I believe we will see this along with other movie products like Marvel Legends officially revealed soon.

LEGO-Dr-Strange-00.jpg

LEGO-Dr-Strange-01.jpg

LEGO-Dr-Strange-02.jpg

LEGO-Dr-Strange-03.jpg

LEGO-Dr-Strange-04.jpg

LEGO-Dr-Strange-05.jpg

LEGO-Dr-Strange-06.jpg