Marvel Legends Excalibur 3 Pack Set of Meggan, Captain Britain and Shadowcat Video Review And Images

toynewman

xcorpeo takes a look at the new Excalibur 3 Figure Pack of Meggan, Captain Britain and Shadowcat figures from Hasbro. This figure is sold as a Pulse Exclusive here in the US and has seen some release overseas already!.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION

IMG_0000__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2068__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2069__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2070__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2071__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2073__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2076__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2078__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2079__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2080__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2081__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2082__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2083__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2084__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2085__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2086__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2088__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2089__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2090__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2091__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2092__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2093__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2095__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2096__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2097__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2098__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2099__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2100__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2101__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2102__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2103__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2104__scaled_800.jpg

IMG_2105__scaled_800.jpg

I am so excited about this pack, finally Meggan (one of my most beloved characters) growing up Excalibur and Alpha Flight were my first loves in the marvel world, the first books I really followed, and I have been asking and hoping for these Excalibur characters to finally get filled out, this pack is probably one of my fav things of this year, I love the re-do of Cap Brit, and this is the perfect Kitty for me, Meggan is fantastic my only wish would have been to have a neutral head for her as well as the smiling one, but I will take what I can get, now bring on the rest of these folks!

On 11/8/2021 at 1:13 PM, Jormungand said:

Ah ha, thanks Atlantis. I don't have that Thor figure anymore. Much appreciated.

No problem. From past interviews it sounds like the Marvel Legends team either already has or is going to retire that Hyperion liefeld buck; its very unpopular and they have far better models to choose from. So you shouldn't have to worry about seeing it again anytime soon.

Seeing that new Cap Brit next to the old one really highlights how much of an improvement the Odinson buck is over the Hyperion buck. Now if we can get an updated Hyperion (in black and gold) and a Luke Cage on that buck we'd be in business. Also that's the perfect buck to redo the Wrecking Crew too. For as long as that buck has been out it's finally great to see them putting it to good use. There are so many possibilities.

Meggan looks amazing. I knew it was coming and though I think many of us assumed it would be done on the Moonstone buck this one is a nice alternative. Between this figure and the new white Vision it's a great time for foot lovers.

This is not my favorite version of Kitty though it is mostly accurate for the period. I just don't understand why they insisted on doing the figure on a version of the teen buck. At the time she was a full grown adult. She should not be that small.

All in all it's a good set. Great step into finishing this team. All that's left from the original team is Rachel and lets not forget Widget. Of course if they decide to do Kylun and Cerise it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

On 11/9/2021 at 3:41 AM, monron999 said:

This is not my favorite version of Kitty though it is mostly accurate for the period. I just don't understand why they insisted on doing the figure on a version of the teen buck. At the time she was a full grown adult. She should not be that small.

But she was a teenager when she joined Excalibur. So having her on the teen mold would be accurate.

On 11/8/2021 at 10:41 PM, monron999 said:

She was no older than 15 when she joined Excalibur, and listed as something like 5’2” or 5’4” at the time!

On 11/9/2021 at 9:35 PM, Atlantis said:

You know,  I gotta ask the question....why didn't they include the Rachel Phoenix? There's no "rule", far as I can tell, that says a set has to be either 3 or 5. I don't recall either of the team saying anything about  why they're not including her for the box set. 

They explained it when the full set was revealed. They just hadn't gotten the figure properly sculpted. That's why it took so long to reveal. They had to settle for a 3-pack instead of a 5 pack because Rachel was taking too long to sculpt.

On 11/9/2021 at 12:39 PM, tarot said:

They explained it when the full set was revealed. They just hadn't gotten the figure properly sculpted. That's why it took so long to reveal. They had to settle for a 3-pack instead of a 5 pack because Rachel was taking too long to sculpt.

I really don't remember that. Thanks. It makes sense they would say something. I wonder if they explained why Alpha Flight didnt have Marrina, when that came out. 

On 11/11/2021 at 10:18 AM, SpiderS said:

".... inclined to track down Meggan now, even though I don't care that much for that smiling head execution but they did good job with hair and actually picked right body for her...."

Yeah her body came out well....I was really worried they would use their "default" teen scrawny mold (ha!), but happily they didn't. They didn't go with the pinless mod, and they should have given her the swivel biceps and double elbows. Still, its a great figure 'cause its basically right off the page; I wouldve preferred some more articulation to make her more agile. Also don't have a problem with the smiling head, because this is how she was often portrayed by Alan Davis.

I would love someone to interview him and ask him what he thinks about the figure!

On 11/12/2021 at 12:30 AM, Atlantis said:

Yeah her body came out well....I was really worried they would use their "default" teen scrawny mold (ha!), but happily they didn't. They didn't go with the pinless mod, and they should have given her the swivel biceps and double elbows. Still, its a great figure 'cause its basically right off the page; I wouldve preferred some more articulation to make her more agile. Also don't have a problem with the smiling head, because this is how she was often portrayed by Alan Davis.

I would love someone to interview him and ask him what he thinks about the figure!

I would also go with smiling head but I just think execution of that smile is little bit off, I would just go with simple closed mouth smile because it way less risky to do unlike grinning smile but I really cannot blame them its very very hard to sculpt and paint grinning smile on the face and make it look naturalistic, often results aren't too good and characters end up crazy or goofy looking, which works great for Joker/Harley types not so much for DCUC Stargirl or Legion pack Superboy. While Meggan Is leagues above them I still find something unnatural about her smile but that's still nitpick.

On 11/11/2021 at 2:48 PM, SpiderS said:

"...I would also go with smiling head but I just think execution of that smile is little bit off, I would just go with simple closed mouth smile because it way less risky to do unlike grinning smile .... still find something unnatural about her smile but that's still nitpick..."

I don't think its a nitpick....maybe they should've had a static head (but then that's a lot of hair to do over). I guess I see both sides...its her normal look, but yeah it can be seen as unnatural, almost vapid, Steppford Wife like.