Marvel Legends What If...? Captain Carter And Hydra Stomper Figures Overview

JayC

I finally got around to opening up my Hasbro Marvel Legends What If...? Captain Carter figure along with the deluxe Hydra Stomper. I definitely am digging the Captain Carter figure which I only have a couple minor complaints with. Mainly two grip hands would have been nice and I wish Hasbro would quit using the straps on the MCU shields. I prefer the clip and peg system like we get with the comic book based shields mainly so you can put the shield on the figures back.

Otherwise Carter is a great figure, solid construction with vibrant paint apps. The headsculpt is dead on and the figure features the new pin-less articulation for the knees and elbows. Perhaps some butterfly joints in the shoulders would have been good for better shield throwing positions, but still overall I like it.

As for the Hydra Stomper, sadly I can't say I was as happy with that one as I am with Carter. I would probably be less critical of it if it wasn't a $50 deluxe figure. This figure to me felt more like a $30 figure. First the figure really has some issues with standing. It seems to be with how the feet are designed. I also don't like how they made the mid-section a separate piece. It's designed like its a belt but it tends to rise up on the stomach of the figure and looks funny.

For accessories you get a removable jet pack which falls off pretty easily. This is where the Captain Carter grabs on so she can ride on the figures back. It's pretty hard to do when the jetpack is always popping off. The paint apps are also very basic which makes the figure look to clean in my opinion.

Probably the biggest disappointing thing about this figure is that there is no way to reveal Steve Rogers inside. I don't need a completely separate figure, but being able to open the top and see his upper body would have been nice, again being it's a $50 figure.

Like I said, if this was priced a bit lower then I would be fairly content with what I got, but at the $50 price point I feel like we should have gotten a little bit more. At the very least they could have given us a figure that stays standing better than this one does.

You can check out images for these figures below in our GALLERY and feel free to share your own thoughts about them in the COMMENTS SECTION. Both are available from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and EntertainmentEarth.com.

IMG_0000.jpg

IMG_1535 1.jpg

IMG_1536 1.jpg

IMG_1537 1.jpg

IMG_1538 1.jpg

IMG_1539 1.jpg

IMG_1540 1.jpg

IMG_1541 1.jpg

IMG_1542 1.jpg

IMG_1543 1.jpg

IMG_1544 1.jpg

IMG_1545 1.jpg

IMG_1546 1.jpg

IMG_1547 1.jpg

IMG_1548 1.jpg

IMG_1549 1.jpg

IMG_1550 1.jpg

IMG_1551 1.jpg

IMG_1552 1.jpg

IMG_1553 1.jpg

IMG_1554 1.jpg

IMG_1555 1.jpg

IMG_1556 1.jpg

IMG_1557 1.jpg

IMG_1558 1.jpg

IMG_1559 1.jpg

IMG_1560 1.jpg

IMG_1561 1.jpg

IMG_1562 1.jpg

IMG_1563 1.jpg

IMG_1564 1.jpg

IMG_1565 1.jpg

IMG_1566 1.jpg

IMG_1567 1.jpg

IMG_1568 1.jpg

IMG_1569 1.jpg

IMG_1570 1.jpg

IMG_1571 1.jpg

IMG_1572 1.jpg

IMG_1573 1.jpg

IMG_1574 1.jpg

IMG_1575 1.jpg

IMG_1578 1.jpg

IMG_1579 1.jpg

IMG_1580 1.jpg

IMG_1581 1.jpg

IMG_1583 1.jpg

IMG_1586 1.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 12:59 PM, WeaponXXX said:

The only Figure I want from what if is Ultron dude was a beast in that series 

There’s simply no way Hasbro doesn’t make that figure in the near future. The only question is how will they deliver it? Will it be a release at $26.99, or a two pack with a re-released Watcher (probably) or Gamora (I wish).  Regardless, if you’re like most people who liked some but not all of the episodes, you’ll be kicking yourself when they release this Ultron and you scramble to pay secondary market prices for T’Challa and Dr. Strange.

On 11/10/2021 at 2:14 PM, Atlantis said:

For me, this was by far the best episode in the series. Captain Britain/Carter and Hydra Stomper are the only 2 figures I want. 

I wholeheartedly agree. They started with their best episode right out of the gate. These 2 figures were the only two What If figures that I purchased, but I did also pick up Sylvie from the Loki show that was also in this wave. The others were easy to pass on. I generally hate the animated look in general, but just couldn't resist picking up Captain Carter and the Stomper.  I wanted Uatu at first but decided to stick with the Marvel Select version because I just don't care for the animated look.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:06 PM, Reno said:

"I wholeheartedly agree. They started with their best episode right out of the gate. These 2 figures were the only two What If figures that I purchased...The others were easy to pass on... I wanted Uatu at first but decided to stick with the Marvel Select version....."

The only Uatu that will be worth my money will be the comic Byrne version. That Marvel Select is near perfect, but I want to hold out to see if Legends can do it as well. If not I may look for that Select.