High Evolutionary from Fantastic Four wave

LordVenger

Yeah this seems like a problem a ton of people have, they have no care about collectors I guess, here in Canada Best Buy love doing this it's almost a certainty they will when you order a figure online, I know you are out of the box collector, but if for some reason you really want that carded fig, put a blow dryer over it, it will melt the glue from the sticker and slowly peel off!

On 11/12/2021 at 12:50 AM, LordVenger said:

Man that sucks. I guess I had just been lucky with my previous orders. Hopefully lord scareglows tip will work and I can get it off. 

Should work, I have done it many a times and the outcome has been good, just be patient, sometimes they really have some strong adhesive on those stickers, but inless it's gorilla grodd glued on there it should eventually come off.

once you do get it off, you might have to do a little wipe with some warm soapy water to get some of the tackiness off though.

On 11/11/2021 at 11:58 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Should work, I have done it many a times and the outcome has been good, just be patient, sometimes they really have some strong adhesive on those stickers, but inless it's gorilla grodd glued on there it should eventually come off.

once you do get it off, you might have to do a little wipe with some warm soapy water to get some of the tackiness off though.

Thanks bro. 

On 11/12/2021 at 10:10 PM, LordVenger said:
On 11/12/2021 at 10:05 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Oh boy lol. Im curious if goo gone will still work 🤔 I may experiment with it some more now

Where do you get goo gone?

They sell Goo Gone at places like Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Home Depot, Lowes...it works super well, but it leaves a very strong smell. You also want to use gloves, and probably open some windows because there's some really nasty stuff in there (methyl ether and kerosene). 
It's a bit more work, but alternatively you can try to peel off what you can with your finger nail, being careful not to mar the plastic. You don't have to get all of it, because the next step is to get a little bit of cooking oil on a rag and rub that sticker crap off. You may have to do it a few times, and of course you want to be careful not to use too much, or it could run off the bubble.  Eventually all you have is a spot of grease, which you can get rid of it with a little bit of rubbing alcohol, also applied with a rag. You can use some kind of household degreaser, too, but you'd have to wipe that off with another rag, while the alcohol just evaporates. It's a bit more work than Goo Gone, but it shouldn't stink, and it's also safer.

On 11/12/2021 at 11:58 PM, Satam said:

They sell Goo Gone at places like Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Home Depot, Lowes...it works super well, but it leaves a very strong smell. You also want to use gloves, and probably open some windows because there's some really nasty stuff in there (methyl ether and kerosene). 
It's a bit more work, but alternatively you can try to peel off what you can with your finger nail, being careful not to mar the plastic. You don't have to get all of it, because the next step is to get a little bit of cooking oil on a rag and rub that sticker crap off. You may have to do it a few times, and of course you want to be careful not to use too much, or it could run off the bubble.  Eventually all you have is a spot of grease, which you can get rid of it with a little bit of rubbing alcohol, also applied with a rag. You can use some kind of household degreaser, too, but you'd have to wipe that off with another rag, while the alcohol just evaporates. It's a bit more work than Goo Gone, but it shouldn't stink, and it's also safer.

Ok. Thanks for the info.