Jump to content

Superman Actor Henry Cavill Wants To Be Captain Britain In The MCU


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

In a recent interview with THR, actor Henry Cavill who seems to be moving on from DC's Superman has indicated that he would be interested in coming over to the MCU to play the character Brian Braddock AKA Captain Britain.

"I have the internet, and I have seen the various rumors about Captain Britain, and that would be loads of fun to do a cool, modernized version of that — like the way they modernized Captain America. There’s something fun about that, and I do love being British."

Whether Disney has any actual plans to ever bring Brian Braddock to the MCU remains to be seen, but you can check out this fan-made poster by carpaa2011 below to get an idea of what it might look like if they did and if Cavill got the part.

Captain-Britain.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given Disney/Marvel's aversion to doing anything but douche-comedies with absolutely no dramatic value or gravitas whatsoever, if they DID do Captain Britain, I'd half expect them to do it as some half-@$$ed brit-comedy farse. Sort of a Mr. Bean/Johnny English as a superhero.

Honestly, Cavill would do better sticking with DC. Granted, they haven't really treated him that well, but at least they haven't COMPLETELY gone down the rabbit hole of suckiness . . . yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a coincidence cuz I'm betting dollars to donuts that very many fans of the MCU would love for him to play Cap. C'mon Henry, stop wasting your career with those DC losers who don't even have a cohesive plan on what they wanna do with their universe. You got the build, you got the voice. I promise, us MCU fans will not take you for granted, and I promise, you will get a superior action figure out of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2021 at 8:16 AM, Faust said:

*tears off shirt* SIGN HIM UP YAAAAA...etc. 

He'd be perfect as Captain Britain, though I'd just stick with just calling him Braddock as in the movie sphere it's a bit eye rolling. 

Well, as he'd be basically playing the same character (without the eye beams), they'd probably do an origin story completely different. I would bet he would start somewhere as a Secret Ops agent somewhere in the vein of Britain's attempt at Captain America in the Winter Soldier, then as their scientist try to develop their version of the Super Soldier Serum it would not actually work all that well until he somehow comes in contact with some type of magical artifact or location in the British Isles such as Excalibur or Stonehenge, and he would gain powers above and beyond anything possessed by Captain America. His only weakness being his own confidence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2021 at 4:04 PM, monron999 said:

Well, as he'd be basically playing the same character (without the eye beams), they'd probably do an origin story completely different. I would bet he would start somewhere as a Secret Ops agent somewhere in the vein of Britain's attempt at Captain America in the Winter Soldier, then as their scientist try to develop their version of the Super Soldier Serum it would not actually work all that well until he somehow comes in contact with some type of magical artifact or location in the British Isles such as Excalibur or Stonehenge, and he would gain powers above and beyond anything possessed by Captain America. His only weakness being his own confidence.

Not really. In eternals they confirmed that arthor and camelot existed so it wouldn't be a stretch to say merlin gave Cap his powers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we are going def going to see more Britain in MCU, We already got teaser of black knight and blade in post credit of Eternals, including Cap Britain with them in team up movie would make very logical sense because there’s literally existing comic  series called Captain Britain and MI13, additionally you could even introduce Psylocke. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2021 at 12:22 PM, tarot said:

Not really. In eternals they confirmed that arthor and camelot existed so it wouldn't be a stretch to say merlin gave Cap his powers.

Well, if you haven't noticed the MCU kinda goes along the lines of Marvel's Ultimate Universe, where basically all superpowers came from an attempt at the Super Soldier Serum. Not to say that Cap Britain's powers don't have anything to do with Merlin or Camelot, but like Gamma radiation was the catalyst for the SSS to turn Banner to Hulk, a magical item or spell could be the catalyst to spark Braddock's powers. Of course they could just go with an Iron Man type suit like the comics, but that would be pretty lame.

Also keep in mind that there has been no explanation of how the current Spider-Man gained his powers. I'm sure it will have a lot to do with how Marvel's negotiations go with Sony, but I bet when all is said and done it could also be a result of experimentation with a SS Serum as well. I guarantee the X-Men will also be a result of failed experiments with some sort of serum, similar to the comics, as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

C’mon over Henry.. the water is fine in MCU Land. While I’d prefer him take on an A lister, I’m sure Cavill could make Cap Brit a household name given half a chance. 

Warner/ DC is unbelievable.. they have a great actor who WANTS to be a part of their $#!+ show and they can’t show him the door fast enough..

Henry has been amazing with the scripts he is given and in my opinion is 2nd only to Christopher Reeve in line as the best Superman. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2021 at 3:36 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

***Spoiler for a 3 Year Old movie***

Based on his Mission Impossible appearance (not to mention his Superman movies LOL), he makes for a much more compelling villain than a hero.

I’d agree but his turn as Superman and Solo in The Man From Uncle Show he can step pretty easily into any role. As Solo, he has one foot in the role of Bond already.. I recommend that movie to all.. one of Guy Ritchie’s most underrated films

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be all for this, think Henry is great, although for some reason I always thought he would make a good Cyclops, but hey I mean he'd be a good Braddock as well, * and as we already know they kinda set it up nicely in eternals with excalibur sword, so could it be far off?*

*spoilers*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2021 at 11:53 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'd be all for this, think Henry is great, although for some reason I always thought he would make a good Cyclops, but hey I mean he'd be a good Braddock as well, * and as we already know they kinda set it up nicely in eternals with excalibur sword, so could it be far off?*

*spoilers*

He actually thought he would make a good Blade, but he can't get the moves down. I guess some mofos are STILL  always trying to ice skate uphill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2021 at 8:36 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

***Spoiler for a 3 Year Old movie***

Based on his Mission Impossible appearance (not to mention his Superman movies LOL), he makes for a much more compelling villain than a hero.

He could play both Brian Braddock and Byron Bra-Dhok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2021 at 8:18 PM, monron999 said:

Well, if you haven't noticed the MCU kinda goes along the lines of Marvel's Ultimate Universe, where basically all superpowers came from an attempt at the Super Soldier Serum. Not to say that Cap Britain's powers don't have anything to do with Merlin or Camelot, but like Gamma radiation was the catalyst for the SSS to turn Banner to Hulk, a magical item or spell could be the catalyst to spark Braddock's powers. Of course they could just go with an Iron Man type suit like the comics, but that would be pretty lame.

Also keep in mind that there has been no explanation of how the current Spider-Man gained his powers. I'm sure it will have a lot to do with how Marvel's negotiations go with Sony, but I bet when all is said and done it could also be a result of experimentation with a SS Serum as well. I guarantee the X-Men will also be a result of failed experiments with some sort of serum, similar to the comics, as well.

I could easily see Spidey getting his powers from an experimental SS Serum infused spider, similar to the Ultimate Universe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE