Marvel Legends Series Retro Fantastic Four Mr. Fantastic & Invisible Woman Video Review And Images

Outsiders

I got my Thing, Mr. Fantastic, and Psycho Man and they all look pretty nice. I am really happy they did Mr. Fantastic with lab coat. He has long used it in the comics... and that opens up the possibility of some other lab coat wearers like Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, and even Dr. Don Blake. The Thing is more the orange-ish one we've gotten before and has the bowel-brow. Psycho Man is a character I never liked, but the figure itself is actually impressive.

On 11/11/2021 at 5:55 PM, Jormungand said:

"...I got my Thing, Mr. Fantastic, and Psycho Man and they all look pretty nice... Psycho Man is a character I never liked, but the figure itself is actually impressive...."

That Psycho Man is a goddamned work of art. I look at that thing and it just shows what they can do when they choose to. Dude doesn't rate as even a B list villain, but they knocked it out of the park. Its gorgeous. TheLegends team needs to take a well desereved bow!

On 11/11/2021 at 9:13 PM, Atlantis said:

That Psycho Man is a goddamned work of art. I look at that thing and it just shows what they can do when they choose to. Dude doesn't rate as even a B list villain, but they knocked it out of the park. Its gorgeous. TheLegends team needs to take a well desereved bow!

It is really nice. This whole sculpt from head, to hands, to crinkley pants with hoops... it's all from scratch and I can't see they are going to be able to use many of these parts for another figure. They really went all out on this one.

Yeah, wow....It really is hard to fathom just what all the Hasbro team was thinking with that Sue Storm head sculpt. And yes, Psycho Man looks phenomenal, as does High Evolutionary! I'd have preferred these FF costumes darker blue, but I suppose these will do. Hasbro can make some mighty amends though if they can find a way to give us stretch arms for this Reed and a new head for Sue......perhaps with the Mole Man, since he's small? 

On 11/11/2021 at 9:44 PM, Air-Walker said:

"Yeah, wow....It really is hard to fathom just what all the Hasbro was thinking with that Sue Storm head sculpt...I'd have preferred their costumes darker blue, but I suppose these will do. Hasbro can make some mighty amends if they can find a away to give us stretch arms for this Reed and a new head for Sue....."

Well as we can see, the head they used for the previous Invisible Woman works just fine on this one, so again I must ask (trying not to tear my hair out)....why did they make this one? Whatever was the point? 

Agree that the blue should have been darker. And it goes without saying, that Mr. Fantastic should have a much better selection of stretched arms/legs than what we've been presented thus far. All those shapes they use for Sandman? Reed can do those too. 

Speaking of Sandman, its high time they do him in his green "tech" suit, along with the rest of the fiendish Frightful Four, of course. 

Bring on the Impossible Man!

I dig Sue’s hair and obviously her face is busted, but my biggest gripe is the weary body mold they used for yet another classic legendary super babe. Like dude… come on. I don’t care about this consistency argument either — if it’s an upgrade from this twig, then heck ya bring it on.
But Reed looks fine, kinda as expected. The coat is a nice touch but they know everyone hated those rake hands the 1st time but screw it… throw them in again anyway to express his awesome abilities!! 🙄

I love classic F4 and these are my favorite uniforms so there’s that. But these 2 aren’t very impressive. Will likely wait for discounts.

On 11/12/2021 at 1:32 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I dig Sue’s hair and obviously her face is busted, but my biggest gripe is the weary body mold they used for yet another classic legendary super babe. Like dude… come on. I don’t care about this consistency argument either — if it’s an upgrade from this twig, then heck ya bring it on.
But Reed looks fine, kinda as expected. The coat is a nice touch but they know everyone hated those rake hands the 1st time but screw it… throw them in again anyway to express his awesome abilities!! 🙄

I love classic F4 and these are my favorite uniforms so there’s that. But these 2 aren’t very impressive. Will likely wait for discounts.

My problem with this mold is that it was originally made for a teenage character, so Kate Bishop is too big and most characters on the mold are too small.

Most of my issues with warped or wobbly joints have been on this body mold

On 11/14/2021 at 9:42 PM, Dabboi said:

My problem with this mold is that it was originally made for a teenage character, so Kate Bishop is too big and most characters on the mold are too small.

Most of my issues with warped or wobbly joints have been on this body mold

Yessir those weak joints are dookie
But was the buck originally made for a teenager, Kate, or was she just the first of many females planned to go on it?