X-Men '97, An animated Original Series, Coming in 2023 To Disney+

JayC

X-Men '97, An animated Original Series, Coming in 2023 To Disney+. This will be a continuation of the beloved 90s animated series that ran from 1992 through 1997. The animated series from Marvel Studios explores new stories in the iconic 90s timeline of the original series. Written by Executive Producer Beau DeMayo.

X-Men-97.jpg

Fun era to revisit. Wonder if many of the original voice cast will come back. I did watch the show but was not as big a fan as many here. 

Id love a revisit if Avengers United We Stand as this was as close to a comics adaptation of the team we’ve ever gotten.. 

On 11/12/2021 at 12:11 PM, leokearon said:

Because it could easily try to play on nostalgia instead of doing anything new. I'm struggling to think of a show that got a revival after a long time and was just as good as it was.

I view it more as the era of comics it will focus on which to me is much more interesting than anything more modern. It may suck but def sounds promising to me.

On 11/12/2021 at 11:11 AM, leokearon said:

Because it could easily try to play on nostalgia instead of doing anything new. I'm struggling to think of a show that got a revival after a long time and was just as good as it was.

Well I can’t think of a show that carried on pretty much where it left off, rather than a reboot or ‘20+ years later’ situation. 👀

I'm excited I hope they don;'t stray too far from the old animation style and just give it a nice updated facelift, seems super cool, just continue where the last episode we saw left off, and man..that sounds wonderful, I gotta say it sounds like a dream, that show is still one of my fav cartoons of all time, I'm sure most of us would say that, I've watched it from front to back numerous times throughout my days and wow..so cool to have this announcement.

On 11/12/2021 at 12:13 PM, McHogan said:

Fun era to revisit. Wonder if many of the original voice cast will come back.

I think that if they're going to do this, they need to get Cal Dodd at any cost.  Cedric Smith and Lenore Zann would by my second-highest priorities were I in that decision-making position.  Norm Spencer is going to be hard to replace.  He was too young.

Edit: Duh, I bothered to read an actual article (https://www.thewrap.com/x-men-97-1990s-x-men-animated-series-2023/).  The returning cast members include Cal Dodd, Lenore Zann, George Buza, Adrian Hough, Christopher Britton, Catherine Disher, Chris Potter, Alison Sealy-Smith, Alyson Court.

That's Wolverine, Rogue, Beast, Nightcrawler, Mister Sinister, Jean Grey, Gambit, Storm, and Jubilee, respectively.  I just looked up David Hemblen (Magneto) to see if there was any chatter about him coming back and found out he passed away last year.  Dang it.

Edited by MonsterChris
Duh

On 11/13/2021 at 1:56 PM, MonsterChris said:

I think that if they're going to do this, they need to get Cal Dodd at any cost.  Cedric Smith and Lenore Zann would by my second-highest priorities were I in that decision-making position.  Norm Spencer is going to be hard to replace.  He was too young.

Edit: Duh, I bothered to read an actual article (https://www.thewrap.com/x-men-97-1990s-x-men-animated-series-2023/).  The returning cast members include Cal Dodd, Lenore Zann, George Buza, Adrian Hough, Christopher Britton, Catherine Disher, Chris Potter, Alison Sealy-Smith, Alyson Court.

That's Wolverine, Rogue, Beast, Nightcrawler, Mister Sinister, Jean Grey, Gambit, Storm, and Jubilee, respectively.  I just looked up David Hemblen (Magneto) to see if there was any chatter about him coming back and found out he passed away last year.  Dang it.

Sadly we also will be without Norm Spenser who played Cyclops and also died last year.

On 11/13/2021 at 11:50 AM, leokearon said:

Sadly we also will be without Norm Spenser who played Cyclops and also died last year.

I remember.  That's what I meant when I said he was too young.  He was only 62.  From interviews with his cast mates, he sounds like he was a really fun guy.

On 11/12/2021 at 12:11 PM, leokearon said:

I think some would say that the recent Animaniacs is a good example of a show that's been gone since the late 1990's/very early 2000's, only to come back around 2020 or 2021.  From the little bit I've seen and from comments I've read online, it feels like the recent Animaniacs series is a continuation that took a approx 20 years Hiatus before it's return, instead of an entire new series. 

Though I do wish they gave some focus on some of the other characters in this new series(Like Slappy The Squirrel, Buttons And Mindy, The Good Feathers, etc.), instead of just focusing on the Warner Bros and Sister, along with Pinky And The Brain(Though I do understand why they focus on those because they are the most well known or popular ones from the original series).