Marvel Studios' Spider-Man: Freshman Year, an animated Original Series Announced

JayC

Yeah odd choice to base it on the current series. Nothing throws a series into chaos more than trying to connect the dots between to shows based on the same characters.

remember Agents of SHIELD was supposed to canonical at first but by the time it ended its ties were tenuous at best. 

I really like the direction the movie series has gone ( so far, this Multiverse nonsense has me cautious) so I’ll probably check out this show too

On 11/12/2021 at 5:19 PM, McHogan said:

Yeah odd choice to base it on the current series. Nothing throws a series into chaos more than trying to connect the dots between to shows based on the same characters.

remember Agents of SHIELD was supposed to canonical at first but by the time it ended its ties were tenuous at best. 

I really like the direction the movie series has gone ( so far, this Multiverse nonsense has me cautious) so I’ll probably check out this show too

Forget Agents of SHIELD, remember MTV's Spider-Man the Animated Series which was supposed to tie in with the movies, that was a trainwreck

On 11/12/2021 at 12:28 PM, leokearon said:

Forget Agents of SHIELD, remember MTV's Spider-Man the Animated Series which was supposed to tie in with the movies, that was a trainwreck

Rings a bell... was that from the Maguire series that they tried to follow? 

On 11/12/2021 at 5:36 PM, tarot said:

Guy you forget, this is a prequel to the mcu movies. It is not a show that takes place between the movies. 

It is still going to be limited by what the movies have done (and maybe what will happen in the future). So there will be certain characters they wouldn't be able to use.

On 11/12/2021 at 2:20 PM, tarot said:

@monron999 do you find it ironic that we were literally talking about spiderman mcu origins and they announce this?

Lol. Nothing surprises me anymore. The older I get the more I realize when something gets put out in the ether there's many times an otherwise unexplainable response. It's crazy.

It's one of the reasons I'm constantly encouraging discussions of a redo for the Sasquatch figure at a more accurate size. It can happen, perhaps the Contest of Champions version (which is actually pretty comic accurate) under the Gamerverse sub-line as a 2 pack with another character such as Karnak or Massacre.

Let's start talking about that and make it happen.

On 11/13/2021 at 7:43 PM, Hogun said:

I wish Marvel would stop making Spider-Man a kid. The reason why I am not embarrassed to read The Amazing Spider-Man is because Peter is currently an adult and a lot of what he has to deal with would not fit in a kid friendly cartoon.

But sadly that's what Marvel really want. They want a Single Spidey who can go on adventures, have loads of girlfriends and not worry about the baggage of being an adult.

Cool, but I'd imagine this show will be pretty limited, how much can we imagine occured before we saw his debut in Civil War?, he certainly wasn't fighting any significant baddies was he? he seemed pretty new to it all still in Cival War and Homecoming, so I'd be not surprised if this show had maybe 10 episodes, I'm for it seems cool, and a nice way to tell the story of how he became spidey (since we don't really know in terms of the MCU), but it has a definite end point, which would be when he met Iron Man.

Anyways sounds fun.