New Marvel Shows Announced For Disney+ Day

JayC

Today for Disney+ Day, the streaming service announced a number of new shows coming, some of which had already been announced and others not. From the recent WandaVision series it looks like Agatha Harkness is getting her own series. Kathryn Hahn will reprise her role as the main character. A second season of What If...? has been confirmed as well.

Other live action shows include Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Ironheart, Secret Invasion, Echo and I Am Groot.

Echo will star Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez, a character who will be introduced in Marvel Studios’ Hawkeye.

Ironheart will star Dominique Thorne as Riri Williams, a genius inventor who creates the most advanced suit of armor since Iron Man.

A few new animated series were announced including a continuation of the original 90's Fox X-Men Animated series which is called X-Men97 coming in 2023. There will also be a new Spider-Man MCU series called Spider-Man Freshman Year which will show us the origins of the MCU Spider-Man and Marvel Zombies. Not sure if this Zombie series will be some kind of continuation of the story line started in season 1 of What If...? or be totally different.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Marvel-Zombies-Animated.jpg

Spider-Man-Freshman-Year.jpg

X-Men-97.jpg

Thought I read they pulled the plug on that Agatha show? 

Love the diverse list of shows we will be getting. Hoping Super Heroes continue a strong presence in Multi-Medium sources for years to come

i will say I really like the animated style of the What If? Show, very realistic style. Hoping they other shows keep this style. And REALLY hope that Hasbro keeps all their animated Legends in a same style. If I do commit to the MCU animated Legends, nothing will make me drop that line quicker than even MORE diverse sculpting 

On 11/12/2021 at 12:41 PM, JohnF said:

The spiderman part was not expected. The Zombies one could be something I'd watch, Moon Knight, Secret Invasion and She Hulk are definitely on my list. Agatha's show is unecessary and a 2nd What If season is surely welcomed. Wondering why they there is nothing on the season two of Loki, not even a logo. 

Oh yeahhhh.. forgot the first season of Loki had that “Loki Will Return” bumper.. 

On 11/12/2021 at 12:42 PM, JayC said:

Some first look images at Moon Knight, Secret Invasion, She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel,

FEArsecXwAAxuJC.jpg

FEArsedXoAM5TDi.jpg

FEArsefXwAgcILI.jpg

FEArsegXsAg-z5S.jpg

Perfect casting for Ms Marvel

was so glad when I heard Oscar was taking on Moon Knight.. so many compelling directions they can go 

She Hulk I Hope keeps the lighter approach ala Byrne’s series

Secret Invasion I’m a little surprised isn’t earmarked as a film.  THIS show could change the MCU story we think we know more than anything before or since

On 11/12/2021 at 9:36 AM, McHogan said:

Thought I read they pulled the plug on that Agatha show? 

I think you might've confused that with the Kathryn Hahn project that got cancelled (Joan Rivers project).

Anyways, I'm indifferent to most of these projects. What If? Season 1 left a lot to be desired, though I have liked WV, FATWS and Loki. I've seen some screen caps of Tatiana even before today so that should be interesting.

Really though, it's X-Men for me. Whooooo

For Disney+ Day here is a look at some Teaser Trailers for the upcoming Moon Knight and She-Hulk shows as well as images for the two and Ms. Marvel and Secret Invasion which you can check out below.

Moon Knight is a new globetrotting action-adventure series featuring a complex vigilante who suffers from dissociative identity disorder. The multiple identities who live inside him find themselves thrust into a deadly war of the gods against the backdrop of modern and ancient Egypt. Moon Knight is directed by Mohamed Diab and is coming to Disney+ in 2022.

She-Hulk follows Jennifer, a lawyer who specializes in superhuman-oriented legal cases. She-Hulk will welcome a host of Marvel characters to the series, including the Hulk, played by Mark Ruffalo, and the Abomination, played by Tim Roth. The new comedy series coming to Disney+ in 2022 is written by Executive Producer Jessica Gao and directed by Executive Producer Kat Coiro and Anu Valia.

Ms. Marvel introduces viewers to Kamala, a 16-year old Pakistani American from Jersey City. An aspiring artist, an avid gamer, and a voracious fan-fiction scribe, she is a huge fan of the Avengers — and one in particular, Captain Marvel. But Kamala has always struggled to find her place in the world — that is until she gets super powers like the heroes she’s always looked up to. Iman Vellani stars as Kamala Khan aka Ms. Marvel. Episodes are directed by Executive Producers Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah, Meera Menon, and Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy.

Ms-Marvel__scaled_600.jpg

Secret Invasion stars Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelsohn as the Skrull Talos—characters who first met in Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel. The crossover comic event series showcases a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years.

Secret-Invasion__scaled_600.jpg

Looks pretty excellent stuff to look forward to, most excited about Moon Knight, She Hulk looks like it's going to be good fun, the only two shows I'm iffy on are Agatha?, we are actually getting a Agatha show, well not sure about that, but let's just see when it happens, and Not sure about Echo, but I guess we will also have to see how the introduction of that character works out in Hawkeye, but could those slots be filled with a character more important to have their own show? sure probably.

Some thoughts:

Most of this is stuff we already knew about. I don’t really care about most of the animated stuff, though I’ll watch the Spider-Man series and Zombies just because that What If episode was a lot of fun. The teaser for Moon Knight was really cool, I think that’s already a strong contender for my new favorite D+ show, it looks fantastic. Can’t wait to see the suit, the glimpses in the teaser make it look pretty accurate already. She-Hulk looks cool too, I’ll have to see more of it to see how much I like it. 

It makes sense that we’re getting a Hawkeye 2-pack with the postponing of Ms. Marvel. I would have assumed the first 2022 D+ wave would have had Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye figure, but now I guess it’ll probably focus on Moon Knight and She-Hulk. I’d have to assume we’ll get 3 waves next year, given everything that’s coming out. 

On 11/12/2021 at 2:44 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

Hope they also do a continuation of Avengers: EMH

No. EMH was a miracle of rare device.  They couldn't do a cartoon like that again, . . . and I wouldn't want them to try. That's also why I'm leery of that new X-Men revival.

If it actually turns out good, though, sure revive 'em all.

I'm glad to see Tatiana is on board after all. I forgot just how small she actually is, and that shot of her as She Hulk was....well, lets just say I hope she's one helluva lot bigger than that on the actual show. I do like that they got her "costume" colors more or less correct. I mean if all one saw was that back shot of her, they'd know right off the bat who that's supposed to be. Fingers crossed.