New Marvel Shows Announced For Disney+ Day

JayC

On 11/12/2021 at 6:56 PM, mako said:

No. EMH was a miracle of rare device.  They couldn't do a cartoon like that again, . . . and I wouldn't want them to try. That's also why I'm leery of that new X-Men revival.

If it actually turns out good, though, sure revive 'em all.

Beau DeMayo, who wrote Netflix’s animated “The Witcher” spin-off “Nightmare of the Wolf,” will serve as head writer on “X-Men ’97.” The show is set to premiere in 2023.

I did enjoy that Witcher animated series

On 11/12/2021 at 9:50 PM, Atlantis said:

I'm glad to see Tatiana is on board after all. I forgot just how small she actually is, and that shot of her as She Hulk was....well, lets just say I hope she's one helluva lot bigger than that on the actual show. I do like that they got her "costume" colors more or less correct. I mean if all one saw was that back shot of her, they'd know right off the bat who that's supposed to be. Fingers crossed.

I don’t know, that one shot of She Hulk looked in the 6 1/2ft-7ft which is what she should be. 

On 11/12/2021 at 9:18 AM, JohnF said:

I don't think I can get used to Fury like that...lol

I sure hope that's not how they plan on presenting him. I get that he went "into hiding" but removing his signature eyepatch isn't much of a disguise.You'd think a master spy would know that. 

In fact the "SHIELD has been a front for Hydra this whole time" thing never made sense to me. Dramatic, yes, attention grabbing, yes. But instead it should have been only some of SHIELD had been compromised, and certainly not from their beginning. Nevertheless I hope the show is good and would love to see Cobie Smulders appear.

On 11/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, mako said:

Really? Cause all I see are a new set of characters defaced and maligned till they fit in with the MCUs now thoroughly cliche SNL level "comedy."

I get it, I empathize. For my part, I'm rather particular to SNL humour, so I'm not bothered by that angle, lol. Overall though, I'm such a Silver and Bronze Age Hyper-Partisan that it almost doesn't really matter to me what MCU does. What happened in the pages of the comics of those two eras is the Mythology I hold in my heart; they are the Gospels, and nothing that Hollywood or present day Marvel does can nor ever will change that. That's not to say I don't get annoyed or find myself scratching my head at what they do at times (like the punky looking kid they got to play Adam Warlock, sigh), but for the most part I find that I can detach and enjoy these things for what they are. To me they're just artistic interpretations of my Gospels. 

......though if they futz the Silver Surfer, then everything I've said here is little more than hot air, and I'll be screaming obscenities and swearing oaths vengeance with anyone else who feels the same. 🙂

Moon Knight looks okay. Oscar Isaac wouldn't have been my first choice but he's got the acting chops to take on a multifaceted character like Specter. IMO, MK is one of the most underutilized characters in the Marvel Universe. Of all the teasers this one seems to have the most promise.

I had higher hopes for for She-Hulk. From first indications it looks like there was some acknowledgement that the pissed off, brooding, angry victim bit wasn't working in the comics so they were gonna take her back to her sexy, funny confident character that John Byrne made popular. She literally said her version of "I'm Harley freaking Quinn" in the trailer. We all know how that excuse for a flick turned out.

I really do hope the best for the Ms. Marvel show. It's not a good comic, but she is a cool concept ruined by terrible writers, but the actor playing her seems like a sweet kid with a great personality and if anyone can make people like the character it will be her. At least people seem to like Monica and it almost seems effortless for her. There's something to be gained from that.

Like I said before, I already pay for Disney+ so I'll give anything a shot as long as I have the trusty Fast Forward button at my fingertips. At least they didn't hit us with a bunch more "behind the scenes" and "how it was made" programing. But there's still plenty of time for that I suppose. And plenty of first year college grads with zero experience Disney is willing to put in charge of such projects.

On 11/13/2021 at 2:29 PM, Air-Walker said:

I get it, I empathize....Overall though, I'm such a Silver and Bronze Age Hyper-Partisan that it almost doesn't really matter to me what MCU does. What happened in the pages of the comics of those two eras is the Mythology I hold in my heart; they are the Gospels, and nothing that Hollywood or present day Marvel does can nor ever will change that...for the most part I find that I can detach and enjoy these things for what they are...."

Here, here. I'm with you right there. And I do try to separate what the MCU does versus what the comics do. On the other hand, when these projects are brought to the screen, they're not saying "Hey we're gonna call it the Fantastic Four, from the Marvel Comics- only we don't have the imagination or creativity the original writers and artists had, so its not gonna be anything like the FF you know". They just call it the Fantastic Four and of course we the audience are to assume its gonna be similar to our beloved mythology. To me that's a bait and switch, its dishonest, its disrespectful of the source material (much like the Star Trek shows of the past 20 years).  

This isn't to say they can't turn out great material. I just saw the Shang-Chi movie, found it very entertaining. But outside of the name, it had almost nothing to do with the book I know. Still, I'm an old-school, Bronze Age baby all the way. And without that history we'd never have the MCU blockbusters we have today. 

Excelsior! MAKE MINE MARVEL!

On 11/13/2021 at 10:24 PM, Atlantis said:

I sure hope that's not how they plan on presenting him. I get that he went "into hiding" but removing his signature eyepatch isn't much of a disguise.You'd think a master spy would know that. 

In fact the "SHIELD has been a front for Hydra this whole time" thing never made sense to me. Dramatic, yes, attention grabbing, yes. But instead it should have been only some of SHIELD had been compromised, and certainly not from their beginning. Nevertheless I hope the show is good and would love to see Cobie Smulders appear.

I hope for the same thing. And yeah removing his eye patch isn't a great idea. 

I don;t have a problem with what they did to the SHIELD/HYDRA thing, but sure there are things about it, that don't completely make sense. Like it didn't make SHIELD or Fury look good, though he still had an ace up his sleeve, but the master spy should be a bit more aware about the enemy infiltrating SHIELD for years. 

On 11/14/2021 at 12:36 PM, JohnF said:

I hope for the same thing. And yeah removing his eye patch isn't a great idea. 

I don;t have a problem with what they did to the SHIELD/HYDRA thing, but sure there are things about it, that don't completely make sense. Like it didn't make SHIELD or Fury look good, though he still had an ace up his sleeve, but the master spy should be a bit more aware about the enemy infiltrating SHIELD for years. 

It's not much different in the comics were SHIELD has been infiltrated numerous times by Hydra