Marvel Legends Walgreens Exclusive Nova Available Online Now

JayC

I've been trying every few minutes for about a half hour now.  I kept getting an "unexpected error" message.  Anyway, I finally got it to go through with shipping to my local store.  We'll see if it gets canceled.

If anyone out there is trying, maybe try shipping to your local store?  Good luck!

Update: just got a shipping notification and tracking number.  I'm a little surprised.

On 11/16/2021 at 12:44 PM, MonsterChris said:

If anyone out there is trying, maybe try shipping to your local store?  Good luck!

I first tried shipping to a local store, but the site responded there were none in a 25 mile radius, which is literally dozens of Walgreens in multiple counties. So I had to order online. It cost me $30.57 with shipping and state sales tax, which is good, because that is about my limit for one 6 inch plastic figure. Others in the upper Midwest might want to be aware of this. It appears the only thing that has changed in our region is that it is available online, not in stores. Good luck to everyone.

On 11/16/2021 at 3:12 PM, Jormungand said:

I first tried shipping to a local store, but the site responded there were none in a25 mile radius, which is literally dozens of Walgreens in multiple countries. So I had to order online. It cost me $30.57 with shipping and state sales tax, which is good, because that is about my limit for one 6 inch plastic figure. Others in the upper Midwest might want to be aware of this. It appears the only thing that has changed in our region is that it is available online, not in stores. Good luck to everyone.

That sounds rough but it's still probably cheaper than what he'll run on ebay. I'm really hoping the exclusive Zemo will pop up similarly but not getting my hopes up.

On 11/16/2021 at 1:52 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

"Still a pass for me as I’d much rather wait forever on a flat, classic comic paint scheme. The dirty gold just ain’t doing it for me...."

It looks almost like they mixed the gold with some darker paint and came up with a very dull, mustard color. In his classic appearance however the only part of his uniform that was "gold" was the helmet, the rest of it was bright yellow. He's also missing the  nova starburst symbol on the back. I'm really wondering how errors like this make it through.

On 11/16/2021 at 3:12 PM, Jormungand said:

I first tried shipping to a local store, but the site responded there were none in a 25 mile radius, which is literally dozens of Walgreens in multiple counties. So I had to order online. It cost me $30.57 with shipping and state sales tax, which is good, because that is about my limit for one 6 inch plastic figure. Others in the upper Midwest might want to be aware of this. It appears the only thing that has changed in our region is that it is available online, not in stores. Good luck to everyone.

Same situation. Would've preferred shipping it to the store two minutes away and save some of the cost, but whatever. Glad they finally put him up on the website. Big thanks to @JayC for the heads up. Hopefully the trend will continue with Quasar and Baron Zemo.

On 11/16/2021 at 8:14 PM, Jormungand said:

An update for anyone interested. I recieved a notice that my item has shipped. This was within a couple hours of ordering it. Suppose to be coming via FedEx, so it sounds like they actually have them truely in- hand and stocked at this point.

Came back in here to say the say thing, a mere hour after ordering I got a ship notice with today’s date. Cautiously optimistic that, while the wait and search sucked, once made available online it could not have been easier to acquire.

would rather find in stores to grab the best paint app but at this point I’m glad to only be paying retail

On 11/16/2021 at 5:34 PM, Atlantis said:

It looks almost like they mixed the gold with some darker paint and came up with a very dull, mustard color. In his classic appearance however the only part of his uniform that was "gold" was the helmet, the rest of it was bright yellow. He's also missing the  nova starburst symbol on the back. I'm really wondering how errors like this make it through.

I just preferred they’d have done a brighter, glossy “gold” yellow on the helmet  and then the flat yellows throughout the suit. Like why can’t they just go through with the classic colors?!  Why?!! 🙂 And yes, no back star is baffling indeed.

But it should seem kinda obvious by now this strategy they use: to release these [dark/metallic/modern/off] paint schemes before probably redecorating in flat, brighter, more accurate retro colors/designs.. which imo always end up looking better anyway.

On 11/17/2021 at 7:39 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I just preferred they’d have done a brighter, glossy “gold” yellow on the helmet  and then the flat yellows throughout the suit. Like why can’t they just go through with the classic colors?!  Why?!! 🙂 And yes, no back star is baffling indeed.

But it should seem kinda obvious by now this strategy they use: to release these [dark/metallic/modern/off] paint schemes before probably redecorating in flat, brighter, more accurate retro colors/designs.. which imo always end up looking better anyway.

Right. And the dirty trick is, you just don't know when or if they're gonna re-visit them, especially these "exclusive" things. For example Legends didn't get around to doing Moon Knight till 2020, something like 14 years after Toybiz did him. So, you're almost compelled to buy a less-than-accurate figure, even if the correct version will ultimately be released.

Be nice to get a few more classic villains but would hate to rely on Walgreens for more wanted figures, I had skipped the modern Zemo but there is no way I can miss the classic suit.

BTW: according to tracking, my Nova is in transit!