Marvel Launches New What If...? Miles Morales Comic Series In March

JayC

Yesterday, fans got their first glimpse at an exciting alternate version of Wolverine from a reality where Miles Morales took over the mantle! And this March, prepare to see Miles Morales take on the legacy of even more of your favorite Marvel heroes in a new series titled WHAT IF…MILES MORALES. This new spin on the classic WHAT IF series will explore the Marvel Comics multiverse and answer the question “What if Miles Morales followed in the footsteps of a Marvel hero other than Spider-Man?” Each issue, all-star creators will introduce the saga of a new version of Miles Morales and it all begins with writer Cody Ziglar, artist Paco Medina and the friendly neighborhood… CAPTAIN AMERICA!

What if…Miles Morales had never been bitten by a genetically enhanced spider and became Spider-Man? What if instead…the U.S. government recruited, trained, and granted him incredible powers with the Super-Soldier Serum? What makes Miles a hero no matter the circumstances, no matter the reality?!

“I’m a supreme Miles stan and life-long Cap truther, so being asked to helm the kick off of this What If? series was a dream come true,” Ziglar said. “Simply can’t wait for folks to see our boy Miles yeet’ that shield and how he handles the mantle of Captain America.

Stay tuned for more information on the other Miles Morales heroes readers will meet in this extraordinary new series including fascinating new versions of Wolverine, Thor, and Hulk designed by Paco Medina! Check out the main cover by Miles Morales co-creator Sara Pichelli below and be there when WHAT IF…MILES MORALES starts in March!

WHAT IF…MILES MORALES #1
Written by CODY ZIGLAR
Penciled by PACO MEDINA
Cover by SARA PICHELLI

WHATIFMILES2022001_cover.jpg

WHATIFMILES2022002_cover.jpg

On 11/16/2021 at 6:52 PM, tarot said:

This is done because it's Miles anniversary, right? I remember something about it being his 10/20th years since he was brought into the Ultimate universe. 

That being said these design are nice though.

Miles was created in 2011 so this year is his 10th anniversary, but these are coming out in 2022.

Maybe it's got to do with the Into the Spider-Verse sequel coming out in 2022? But since that movie is coming out in October, maybe there's no special reason behind it. Or maybe these were planned for this year's anniversary but their development was delayed? I think it's more likely that there's no big motive aside from Miles being popular.

a Stan is an over enthusiastic fan of something, it's a term based off the Eminem song "Stan" if you are a huge Spider-Man Stan, you are a massive super fan of Spider-Man, A truther is  someone who believes there are deeper conspiracies about something they are truthing and believe there is a deeper story to the matter, they also doubt the actual events, and think there is a concealed explanation. Yeet is usually a term used mean triumphant approval or excitement and enthusiasms

On 11/16/2021 at 7:45 PM, NotNamed said:

I feel like I need a translator.

"I’m a supreme Miles stan and life-long Cap truther,” Ziglar said. “ see our boy Miles yeet’ that shield.

What's a supreme Miles stan?

A life-long Cap truther? Is there a conspiracy theory about Cap this Ziglar guy is a espousing?

What is "yeet"ing a shield?

I feel you, the only one that I even understand is "yeeting", in this case it means to toss or throw the shield. 

On 11/17/2021 at 9:13 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

a Stan is an over enthusiastic fan of something, it's a term based off the Eminem song "Stan" if you are a huge Spider-Man Stan, you are a massive super fan of Spider-Man, A truther is  someone who believes there are deeper conspiracies about something they are truthing and believe there is a deeper story to the matter, they also doubt the actual events, and think there is a concealed explanation. Yeet is usually a term used mean triumphant approval or excitement and enthusiasms

Are those true? I thought it was just a bunch of Typos 😂😅

On 11/16/2021 at 7:13 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Thanks for the explanations. I'm still puzzled about him being a lifelong Cap truther. He believes a conspiracy theory about Captain America?

All of that, is just . . . depressing. I thought we had agreed on what English was in its written form. If you want to use slang verbally to your friend, it's one thing. To write it as part of a press release or professional interview is another. I'm still in my 30s, but I feel like I should go lay down in a grave suddenly.

On 11/17/2021 at 2:15 PM, NotNamed said:

Thanks for the explanations. I'm still puzzled about him being a lifelong Cap truther. He believes a conspiracy theory about Captain America?

All of that, is just . . . depressing. I thought we had agreed on what English was in its written form. If you want to use slang verbally to your friend, it's one thing. To write it as part of a press release or professional interview is another. I'm still in my 30s, but I feel like I should go lay down in a grave suddenly.

Eminem coined the term Stan as a combination of the words "stalker" and "fan," but that's not how most of the hip kids on the internet use it. I kind of doubt Ziglar believes some kind of weird conspiracies about Captain America. He's clearly just throwing words around.