Has The MCU Sinister Six Been Revealed And What Might That Bring To Marvel Legends?!?

JayC

If you somehow missed it last night or this morning, Sony has dropped the second trailer for Spider-Man: No Way Home which opens in theaters on December 17.

In the trailer we see fully and officially revealed for the first time a plethora of Spider-Man villains from previous Sony Spider-Man films.

From the first Tobey Maguire Spider-Man movie we see Willem Dafoe return as Norman Osborn (Green Goblin).

There also appears to be a second version of Green Goblin that shows up, whether this is Harry Osborn who was played by James Franco in the original Spider-Man movies are someone totally different remains to be seen.

From the second Tobey Maguire Spider-Man movie we also see the return of Alfredo Molina as Doc Ock who perhaps get a Stark Nano-Tech tentacle arm upgrade in this movie.

From the Andrew Garfield Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie we see Jamie Foxx is back as Electro.

Along with Lizard who was played by Rhys Ifans in the first Andrew Garfield Amazing Spider-Man movie. It's not clear if Ifans is reprising the role for No Way Home or not.

The final villain we get a look at in this new trailer is Sandman who was played by actor Thomas Haden Church in the third Tobey Maguire Spider-Man movie. Again it's not clear if Church is returning to reprise the role of Sandman for No Way Home or not.

So that makes a total of 5 Spidey Villains (Not counting the second Green Goblin), all of which has had connections to the super-villain team known as The Sinister Six in the comics. Whether Sony plans to actually bring all these guys together as a team in No Way Home or some future movie remains unknown. Also with only 5 villains shown here, who will be the 6th member? The most logical choice would be Vulture who appeared in the first Tom Holland Spider-Man: Homecoming movie and played by actor Michael Keaton.

While there has yet to be any indication that Vulture will show up in No Way Home, we did recently see him pop up in the latest trailer for the Sony Spider-Verse Morbius movie, perhaps as a hint of things to come.

Mysterio who was played by Jake Gyllenhaal in the last Spider-Man: Far From Home movie is another character who has had ties to the Sinister Six and could be a possibility for the 6th member, but as far as we know his character has already been killed off.

So what does any of this have to do with Hasbro's Marvel Legends line? Well all these guys have had figures done either by Hasbro or Toy Biz in the past, but will Hasbro bring us modern versions of all these guys. The answer is definitely a yes when it comes to Vulture, as Hasbro just recently released an updated figure of him as a Target exclusive, granted they say its based on Homecoming and not No Way Home.

As for the others, I wish I could tell you I have seen info that suggests they are in the works, but I have not. That doesn't mean they aren't coming and honestly I would be VERY SURPRISED if at least some of them weren't in the works from Hasbro. Doc Ock seems like a odds on favorite since he appears to have a significant role in the new movie. If they are coming, the next question is will they be some kind of store exclusives or offered in an upcoming wave? If it's a wave then likely it wouldn't see released until the end of 2022. If they only do say Doc Ock, then going the exclusive route seems more likely to me.

All this of course is just speculation on my part, so we will have to wait and see. If these guys have a future beyond Spider-Man: No Way Home, then I think the chances increase significantly that eventually we will see modern Marvel Legends of all of them.

Let us know which ones you would like to see most get the modern Marvel Legends treatment in the COMMENTS SECTION below.

00.jpg

10.jpg

09.jpg

08.jpg

07.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

11.jpg

On 11/17/2021 at 11:18 AM, tarot said:

From what I saw of the second GG, I don't think he is the James Franco version. It is more the amazing Spider-man 2 guy.

All we saw was the quick glimpse as shown above which is really impossible to tell who or what he is. Could be the other guy but who knows.

I think we'll see figures from these guys, whether it's part of a wave or a multi-pack, exclusive or not, I think Hasbro will give us modern versions of them. This is just me, but I think it's safe to assume that it will happen, considering the hype surrounding this movie and all the returning characters. Hasbro will take advantage of this situation and any situation that would be profitable and this definitely is. 

Not a chance Hasbro won't be bombarding us with Legends for this film, which is great news for all of you who collect MCU figures!  As for the second Goblin - not a chance that is Franco (Disney wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole). Also not a chance the other Spidermen are not in this film, though I am guessing they will come in at the very end - leads into Multi-Verse of Madness, and it gives Sony more Spidermen for their Spiderverse, so they will continue to play nice with Feige.

I really hope there was way to ignore this trailer and all other spoilers and leakes that easily pop up on every timeline if you somewhat interested in pop culture, sadly this is impossible unless you fully cut contact with modern world. But I’m still glad they are keeping something for the movie or I guess future final trailer. I love Defoe but I wish they had given him new mask instead of googles and hood or at least somehow made his face green due to mutation or something because Defoe basically  has Goblin face already.  

On 11/17/2021 at 2:48 PM, mako said:

Betting we'll be seeing some, if not all, these guys in a deluxe format like Vulture. On the other hand, they could always release them in some kind of Sinister Six boxed set. Either way, there are a couple of these guys I wouldn't mind picking up.

Agree, these guys will get deluxe treatment.. makes sense for Doc Ock especially. Ideally with extra arms , Ock arms, heads to work as either the Raimi version or this new Doc Ock with the red on his tentacles.

I thought I’d rather had get Legends versions directly from the original films but in Deluxe form with some clever accessories one purchase could get both versions. Not holding my breath but it’d be cool..