MarvelousNews Bonus Photo Of The Day - 'He Was Iron Man' By Darcreign

Outsiders

It's time for a MarvelousNews Bonus Toy Photo Of The Day as we post not just one, but two excellent Toy Photography from some of the hottest photographers on the Internet today.

For today we are spotlighting Photographer Darcreign and the BONUS photos titled "He Was Iron Man."

Be sure to give Darcreign a follow on Instagram and let them know what you think of his work in the COMMENTS BELOW.

He_Was_Iron_Man_By_Darcreign_01.jpg

He_Was_Iron_Man_By_Darcreign_02.jpg

On 11/21/2021 at 4:22 PM, Hogun said:

Casual fans need to be reminded that Iron Man did not originally create Ultron. That honor or dishonor goes to Hank Pym. We need to get that into their skulls.

WORD.  He didn't have anything to do with the Vision's creation either.

I had a discussion with this guy about this exact fact, and he tried to tell me he had seen the comic book where Stark created Ultron. When I showed him my collection he got really upset. But the "comic" he had seen wasn't a comic, it was some blog that a guy put together, and it had some panels by John Buscema featuring the Avengers and the Vision's first appearance. The fool hadn't actually read the blog article though because if he had, he would've seen that it was reviewing how the Vision became an Avenger, not Iron Man creating jack.

The MCU heads put a lot of emphasis on Iron Man and I always felt they took it too far. When they were plotting the Vision and Ultron, they already knew they were going to do Pym and Ant-Man, so it made no sense to totally cut Hank out of that story. I also didn't like them turning Spider-Man into his sidekick. 

But thats the movie game. They wanna make changes, so be it. Let everyone else however know the way the REAL story went down.

I like this photo, I'm more partial to the 2nd one than the first. So incredibly well done!

On 11/22/2021 at 11:42 AM, Atlantis said:

I had a discussion with this guy about this exact fact, and he tried to tell me he had seen the comic book where Stark created Ultron. When I showed him my collection he got really upset. But the "comic" he had seen wasn't a comic, it was some blog that a guy put together, and it had some panels by John Buscema featuring the Avengers and the Vision's first appearance. The fool hadn't actually read the blog article though because if he had, he would've seen that it was reviewing how the Vision became an Avenger, not Iron Man creating jack.

The MCU heads put a lot of emphasis on Iron Man and I always felt they took it too far. When they were plotting the Vision and Ultron, they already knew they were going to do Pym and Ant-Man, so it made no sense to totally cut Hank out of that story. I also didn't like them turning Spider-Man into his sidekick. 

But thats the movie game. They wanna make changes, so be it. Let everyone else however know the way the REAL story went down.

I like this photo, I'm more partial to the 2nd one than the first. So incredibly well done!

Now.. I hold the comics that shaped my life long love of Marvel characters very dear but if left up to me I probably would have been too faithful to the source material. Maybe that’s not a bad thing but my MCU would have seen the classic costumes in place of the much better IMO modern, updated looks that they have sported since 2010. And one thing I’ve learned in my decades of comic collecting is some things that worked in the 60’s dont always work today. Nor did what worked in the comics necessarily work on film. 

My point is, I get why certain aspects from the comics were changed. Maybe not necessarily who created Ultron but what they have done makes sense in The a Universe the MCU has built. I was bummed that Hank and Janet were excluded from the Avengers  1 film and that Scott Lang was chosen as Ant-Man but in the end, in many cases ( not all I agree) the MCU has paid tribute to the source material in the form of dialogue or Easter Eggs. The MCU certainly isn’t perfect but once I let go of the gospel that the comics had created for me personally I had more fun with the films.

But.. I will say the caveat has been that none of the characters I truly cared about were changed or edited too badly where they were unrecognized to me. details like who created Ultron seem to fit the overall narrative of what they are building and I truly had to separate what I knew about these characters in comic form to what the characters were becoming on film. 

On 11/22/2021 at 2:30 PM, McHogan said:

Now.. I hold the comics that shaped my life long love of Marvel characters very dear but if left up to me I probably would have been too faithful to the source material. Maybe that’s not a bad thing but my MCU would have seen the classic costumes in place of the much better IMO modern, updated looks that they have sported since 2010. And one thing I’ve learned in my decades of comic collecting is some things that worked in the 60’s dont always work today. Nor did what worked in the comics necessarily work on film. 

My point is, I get why certain aspects from the comics were changed. Maybe not necessarily who created Ultron but what they have done makes sense in The a Universe the MCU has built. I was bummed that Hank and Janet were excluded from the Avengers  1 film and that Scott Lang was chosen as Ant-Man but in the end, in many cases ( not all I agree) the MCU has paid tribute to the source material in the form of dialogue or Easter Eggs. The MCU certainly isn’t perfect but once I let go of the gospel that the comics had created for me personally I had more fun with the films.

I think what my man Hogun The Grim was getting at, is that we don't want the actual history of the characters to be overwritten by other media; it is important that casual fans know these things. Tony Stark may be the lynchpin of the MCU, but isn't for the real Marvel Universe. All roads don't and shouldn't lead back to him.

I agree that not everything, nor should everything, from the comics be replicated in movies/tv. But changes should make sense. There's no reason, for example, to not show Pym as Ultron's creator when they were gonna introduce the whole Ant-Man mythos in anyway ( if they hadn't, then it wouldn't be an issue for me). No reason to make it look like Spider-Man primarily functions with Stark's funding and blessing. No reason to wipe out Mar-Vell. No reason for Thor not to wear his iconic helmet. I did like Peggy Carter's expanded role however.

I was very disappointed we never got to see any of the WWII heroes; I literally jumped from my seat when they showed the Human Torch at the 1943 Stark Expo. I thought for sure that was gonna pay off later, but of course it never did. 

On 11/22/2021 at 7:10 PM, Atlantis said:

I think what my man Hogun The Grim was getting at, is that we don't want the actual history of the characters to be overwritten by other media; it is important that casual fans know these things. Tony Stark may be the lynchpin of the MCU, but isn't for the real Marvel Universe. All roads don't and shouldn't lead back to him.

I agree that not everything, nor should everything, from the comics be replicated in movies/tv. But changes should make sense. There's no reason, for example, to not show Pym as Ultron's creator when they were gonna introduce the whole Ant-Man mythos in anyway ( if they hadn't, then it wouldn't be an issue for me). No reason to make it look like Spider-Man primarily functions with Stark's funding and blessing. No reason to wipe out Mar-Vell. No reason for Thor not to wear his iconic helmet. I did like Peggy Carter's expanded role however.

I was very disappointed we never got to see any of the WWII heroes; I literally jumped from my seat when they showed the Human Torch at the 1943 Stark Expo. I thought for sure that was gonna pay off later, but of course it never did. 

The Invaders would have been a cool addition. Really, the setting for the First Avenger makes it more fun for me as I am a huge WWII buff and to incorporate my favorite Hero into my favorite eras was a blast. I get why they DIDNT include the Invaders for storytelling purposes but it still would have been cool. 

I get what your laying down and you make excellent points. I guess my point was just that there came a point when I knew the MCU was never going to be what the comics were to me. I just had to either enjoy the MCU for what it was or pick it apart for not being MY stories. I’m not saying anyone here was suggesting that the MCU has forsaken the source material, just that for me, again someone who took the Marvel history as gospel, I needed to accept the new spins on classic stories.

On 11/22/2021 at 11:42 AM, Atlantis said:

Marvel replaced Hank Pym with Tony Stark as Ultron's creator because Edgar Wright forbade Marvel from using the former so that he could be introduced in his own solo film.