Best of Marvel Legends 2021

tarot

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. It's that time of the year again. The time we look back and decided what was the best Marvel Legends figures, accessories, and many other categories. For those wondering what we are doing this now instead of at the end of the year is simply there is barely anything coming out in the coming month as well as the fact that December is considered the end of the fiscal year for Hasbro. All that and the fact that I work retail so I will be busy over the next coming month.

Before we get onto this week's categories, I just want to mention a few sets that will not be included. First due to the crowd funding nature of it, the Haslab Sentinel will NOT be included. I will also not include the Excalibur, X-force or the next Spider-man Vintage wave (the one that has the Symbiote Spidey). While some have received the Excalibur or X-force, they haven't been released properly so they aren't included.

Any we begin the voting as usual with the best Accessory, Packaging Design, Wave Assortment, Build-A-Figure and Deluxe (non-exclusive). You have until next Sunday to vote. Also please note that if you don't complete the survey, you vote will NOT count. You vote by heading to this link Here.

Accessories: smoke effect: Iron Heart Ursa Major wave

package: Infinity Saga

wave: Falcon Wings wave.( while the BAF was kind of a bummer, the line itself was an awesome  lineup of D+ show characters)

BAF: Ursa Major

Deluxe Figure: M.O.D.O.K.

Since it's my poll (thanks by the way guys), I won't be voting til the end for tie breaking reason and this may change but I'm going:

• Accessory: Ironheart's Smoke Effect
  • Packaging: Retro F4 - The more unique packaging this year
  • Wave: Supervillain or Iron man (can't decide!)
  • BAF: Ursa Major. I think I started the campaign for him to be made when we were making the wishlists for Black Widow so of course I vote for the bear.
  • Deluxe: MODOK.

Any we begin the voting as usual with the best Accessory, Packaging Design, Wave Assortment, Build-A-Figure and Deluxe (non-exclusive). You have until next Sunday to vote. Also please note that if you don't complete the survey, you vote will NOT count. You vote by heading to this link Here.

Best accessory: Ultron drone pieces that came with Quicksilver

Best packaging design: Deluxe Thanos

Best assortment: Bring on the Bad Guys

Build-a-Figure: The Watcher

Deluxe: MODOK 

Best Accessory: Lab Coat and sleeved arms (Retro Mr. Fantastic)

Best Packaging: Spider-Man Retro Packaging

Best Wave: Xemnu Wave (barely edging out the Ursa Major wave)

Best BAF: Ursa Major

Best Deluxe: Thanos, unless Surtur counts.

Here is my Votes

• Best Accessory - Extra Arms with Moira & Mr. Fantastic Retro (for Lab Coat alt look)
  • Best Package -- Elvis MODOK package, that looked like stage gear carrier
  • Best Wave -- Iron Man Ursa Major Wave
  • Best Build-a-Figure -- Ursa Major
  • Best Deluxe Figure -- MODOK

Maybe, but at the moment I know I only have Morlun and Shriek, I have a complete BAF on pre-order and certainly can't wait to get him.  Just didn't have much interest in the rest of the wave to finish him early.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addict. Last week, I asked you to vote for the first part of the Best of Marvel Legends 2021. You guys have voted, and we now have the results. There was a lot of votes with quite a few nail-biting results. As always remember that the winner of the Best BAF and Deluxe will move onto the Overall best figure of the years. But enough ramblings onto results.

Best Accessories
3rd Place: The Lab coat and swappable arms of Mr. Fantastic.

2nd Place: Red Skull’s Cosmic Cube

Winner: Morris
I always say the best accessory is one that that is a distinctive character. Plus, Morris is adorable.

Best Packaging Design
3rd place (three-way tie) 13%: Thanos Infinity Gaunlet, Fantastic Four Retro, Modok World Domination

2nd Place 17%: Infinity Saga

Winner 20%: Spider-man Retro
Took second place last year but the winner this year. If we get more next year, this will not be included in the voting. They won’t be as unique by then.

Best Wave Assortment
3rd Place 13%: Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse wave

2nd Place 23%: Iron Man wave

Winner 27%: Super-Villains wave
Probably the one that was the closest votes with only one vote deciding the winner.

Best Build a Figure
3rd Place 17%: What If…? The Watcher

2nd Place 20%: Age of Apocalypse Colossus

Winner 30%: Ursa Major
Of course, the Vodka drinking Russian Bear won. When is the next time you can say you built a bear for a figure?

Best Deluxe set
3rd place 7%: Kro

2nd place 27% (Two-way tie): Infinity Gauntlet Thanos and What if…? Hydra Stomper

Winner 40%: MODOK
While all four got voted, there was a clear winner.

And that’s it. The next part of the voting will be up later but let me know what you think? Remember you guys voted for these winners, most I agree with, so don’t go giving out to me if your vote didn’t win.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addict. It's time for part 2 of the voting for the Best of Marvel Legends 2021. Like every year, this voting will be for the Best Exclusive, broken down into singles, two-packs, multi-packs and Fan Channel single.

Now before you go voting a couple of things. The Pulse X-force, Excalibur and Army Builders are NOT included in this year's voting. While a few have gotten one or two of these, most haven't gotten them, thus they are not included. However, more importantly, I would ask people NOT to vote based on what store got what. You should vote for the figure(s) itself. It's doesn't matter if you can't get it in the store. We aren't looking for that. So please, PLEASE, vote for the figures not the store.

You can vote here - https://nearcompleteset.survey.fm/best-of-marvel-legends-2021-part-2

Just voted, but I now after closing the Survey don't even remember what the voting categories all were HA!

Edit*

• Best non-Fan Channel exclusive: Binary
  • Best 2-pack: Captain Marvel & Rescue
  • Best Multi-pack: Wolverine 5 Pack
  • Best Fan Channel single figure: Tigra

• Best Non-Fan Channel Exclusive: Nova
  • Best 2 Pack: Happy Hogan and Butterscotch Iron Man
  • Best Multi-Pack: Children of Thanos
  • Best Fan Channel Single Figure: Sandman

That last question was absolutely brutal...Sandman took the edge since he's a classic Spidey villain and the scale compared to the BAF works a bit better, but Tigra and Firestar were excellent too.