Best of Marvel Legends 2021

tarot

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Last week we began our second week of the Best of Marvel Legends with a survey asking what the best Exclusive figure of the year was. We had a ton of votes and almost all of them were extremely close. Thankfully, I didn’t have any hate voting because we were talking about Exclusive. So, let’s get onto the winner. As a reminder, the winner of these will move onto the finals.

Best Single Exclusive
3rd Place with 10% of the Vote: Pulse Exclusive Spider-man Retro Venom

2nd Place with 14% of the Vote – Tie: Walgreen’s The Fallen / Silver Surfer and Walmart’s Infinity War Captain America

Winner with 18%: Walgreen’s Nova
While it took a good bit to get to the US (with us in the EU having it since Spring), but Richard Riders Classic costume update won this year. Not surprising as Walgreen’s have always been a strong contender for the voting.

Best 2-pack Exclusive
3rd Place with 14%: Target’s Infinity Saga Happy Hogan and Butterstock Iron Man

2nd Place with 27% – Tie: Amazon’s Infinity Saga Rescue and Captain Marvel AND Fan Channel Red Guardian and Melina

Winner with 31% – World Domination MODOK and the Captain
As you can see this was remarkably close, but people have voted, and Elvis MODOK and The Captain have won. Maybe it was the goofy nature of the MODOK. Maybe it was the obscurity of the Captain. Maybe it was the box. Hell, it could have been the Burger laser.

Best Multi-Pack Exclusive
2nd place 49%: Amazon’s Children of Thanos Box set

Winner 51%: Amazon’s Wolverine Box set
This wave very close and one of the only time I had to use my “last minute tie-breaking vote privilege” to pick a winner. Yes, I picked the Wolverine set. What can I say? It was a much better set in my opinion. Sure, the COT had much, much better representation of the MCU characters, but they were all characters we have had before. The Wolverine set gave us three highly requested characters. Say what you will about how it was reveal or the relationship to Wolverine but new characters should always win IMHO.

Best Fan Channel Single
3rd place 16% – Tie: Spider-man 2099 and Firestar

2nd place 18%: Sandman

Winner 24%: Hercules
You guys seems to enjoy the guys in speedos. LOL Joking aside, from the start there was a clear winner. All but Web-man managed to get a vote, but Hercules was leading from the start. Hopefully, this will encourage Hasbro to make a new, classic version.

Well, that was the best exclusives of the years. Did your picks win? Let me know in the comments below or on any of the social media sites. I would like to remind people as always; you give voted for these so don’t whine that yours didn’t make it. The next part will be up later tonight.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Yes, you read that right. It's everyone's favorite part of the Best of Marvel Legends 2021. The Comic book figure voting! Now before you jump in and vote let me tell you, this year will be the hardest time you will have to vote. There has been so many new figures, (characters, costumes, remake etc) that you WILL have a hard time decided. I found myself undecided when I was creating the survey. I advise you to take you time and enjoy it.

You can vote here - https://nearcompleteset.survey.fm/best-of-ml-2021-part-3

Best Newcomer : Shriek
Best Remake : Lady Deathstrike (based mainly off how ugly and hideous the previous figure was and comparing the two is night and day, it was trully a magnificent remake)
Best New Costume : Classic Thanos
Best Repaint : She-Hulk
Best Villain : Ultron
Best Female : Tigra
Best Spider-Person : Gamerverse Miles
Best X-Men : Moira (x-men were kinda boring this year, Moira had the most value as a figure, with the removable jacket+arms)

Geez @tarot... XMen fan much? 😁your bias is showing in your options haha

Best Newcomer: High Evolutionary. Great dedicated sculpt of a much needed figure

Best Remake: Tigra. Puts ToyBiz version to shame

Best New Costume: HOX Wolverine. Great updated take on arguably his best classic costume

Best Repaint: SheHulk. The grey was so unnecessary, clearly just to get us to double dip before they gave us the green

Best Villain: Ultron. We FINALLY got his classic look and man did they knock it out of the park

Best Female: Tigra. Almost went with Firestar but Tigra is a work of art

Best Spider-Person: Web Man. Just something about the inverted colors makes him a lot of fun.

Best XMen: Moira. I had been saying for years that Hasbro needed to utilize the extra arms and coat idea to give certain characters multipl looks and this was a great place  to start.

On 12/6/2021 at 10:01 PM, McHogan said:

Geez @tarot... XMen fan much? 😁your bias is showing in your options haha

Best Newcomer: High Evolutionary. Great dedicated sculpt of a much needed figure

Best Remake: Tigra. Puts ToyBiz version to shame

Best New Costume: HOX Wolverine. Great updated take on arguably his best classic costume

Best Repaint: SheHulk. The grey was so unnecessary, clearly just to get us to double dip before they gave us the green

Best Villain: Ultron. We FINALLY got his classic look and man did they knock it out of the park

Best Female: Tigra. Almost went with Firestar but Tigra is a work of art

Best Spider-Person: Web Man. Just something about the inverted colors makes him a lot of fun.

Best XMen: Moira. I had been saying for years that Hasbro needed to utilize the extra arms and coat idea to give certain characters multipl looks and this was a great place  to start.

heh. I can't help it. There was alot of X-men. I'm a Spidey fanatic though.

Yea it was a weak X-Men line up this year because of the "Themed" Waves (HOX/POX and AOA2).

Although there were unique and new "X-Men" characters sprinkled throughout other waves (Lady Deathstrike and Arcade, though mine are still stuck in the US) and Multi-Pack Boxed Sets (Callisto, Jason Wyngarde and Cyber, though I still haven't bough this) so I can't really say if I like them yet or not. That said the idea of them I like so I still voted for these figures.

• Best Newcomer: Moira MacTaggart
  • Best Remake: Modular Iron Man
  • Best New costume: Classic Dormammu
  • Best repaint: Spider-man 2099 (Retro)
  • Best Villain: Dormammu
  • Best Female: HOX Moira
  • Best Spider-person Figure: Spider-Verse Miles
  • Best X-men figure: Moira MacTaggart

Best newcomer:  Morlun

Best remake:  Nova

Best new costume:  Classic Thanos

Best repaint/re-release:  She-Hulk (green version)

Best villain:  Ultron

Best female:  Tigra

Best Spider-person: Spider-Verse Miles

Best X-Men:  Moira MacTaggart

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. We’re on our third week of the Best of Marvel Legends 2021. Last week I posted the voting for the Best Comic figures of 2021. There were many tight positions with some figures fighting for the top spots. We have a lot to go through so let just get into it.

Best Newcomer
3rd place (7%): Four way tied- Omega Sentinel, High Evolutionary, Psycho-Man and Firstar

2nd place (9%): Tied – Arcade and Moira MacTaggart

Winner (16%): Frog-man
This is probably the most ridiculous character Hasbro could ever make……………but it’s such a fun figure. I don’t think I have seen anyone bad mouth it beyond that they don’t know the character or have no interest in it.

Best Remake
3rd place (12%): MODOK

2nd place (26%): Lady Deathstrike

Winner (30%): Ultron
I think this one was very close but Ultron won out. We have been waiting for a classic Ultron remake for years and Hasbro gave us one of the best figures of the year.

Best Costume
3rd place (12%): Age Of Apocalypse Sabretooth

2nd place (16%): Classic Red Skull

Winner (30%): Classic Thanos
People have been using the Marvel Select Thanos for years but that was oversized. For ML purists, they had to use the Infinity version. Hasbro finally gave us a classic version in honor of The Infinity Gauntlet anniversary.

Best Re-Release
3rd Place (19%): The Fallen

2nd Place (23%): Omega Red

Winner (26%): She-Hulk
Believe it or not, but the 2nd and 3rd place winner were battling it out for most of the week but near the end She-Hulk rocketed to the top winning out with only one vote.

Best Villian
3rd place (7%): Three way Tie: Red Skull, Sandman and Thanos

2nd place (12%): Lady Deathstrike

Winner (37%): Ultron
Yeah, this wasn’t even a contest. Ultron wins for a second time.

Best Female
3rd Place (12%): Firestar

2nd Place (28%): Tigra

Winner (30%): Lady Deathstrike
This was such a close race that I had to use my tie-breaking privilege, and this was such a hard choice! Both were 100% new sculpt. Both were the best figures of each character. I spent 20 minutes trying to decide. But it was the bright orange paint that lost Greer her crown. Some may disagree but like I said I had a hard time deciding, so be gentle.

Best Spider-Person
3rd Place (14%): Spider-Verse Peter B Parker

2nd Place (23%): Web-man

Winner (33%): Gamer-Verse Miles Morales
This one made me worried. It looked like Web-man was winning early on and I would have to give it praise. Web-man for God sake. (In case it’s not obvious, I’m kidding). Thank God calmer mind prevailed and the whole new sculpt Mile Morales won.

Best X-men
3rd Place (14%): Age of Apocalypse Iceman

2nd Place (16%): Moira MacTaggart

Winner (26%): Age of Apocalypse Sabretooth
This was another one where the 2nd and 3rd Place were fighting for the top spot until the winner zoomed past them near the end.

And that’s the Best Comic book-based figures of 2021. What are your thoughts of them? If you disagree, please know that this is what people voted for. I will have the next batch of Best of 2021 in a couple of hours.

Hey my Fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we start our last Semi-Finals of the Best of Marvel Legends 2021 with the usual best MCU figures. This year it will be joined by the best Gamerverse (PS5 Spider-man) and Animated (Spider-verse and What if...?). Thanks to the Infinity Saga as well as the return of the MCU movies and the launch of the Disney + show, we have a ton to talk about. I think that I managed to get everyone in at least one category so with further ado, please vote here - https://nearcompleteset.survey.fm/best-of-marvel-legends-2021-part-4

Not really the big movie fig buff, but here we go, you can tell a few I really like here

Best Newcomer - Surtur (man how can this not win, a huge giant semi-translucent demon)
Best Remake - Captain America Infinity War (I was confused by a ton of these "remakes" on the list, seemed a few were not really remakes but new figs, ah well out of all the remakes...Infinity War cap takes it, miles beyond how awful that first version was it was a very necessary remake and well done)
Best Repaint - Dusty Deadpool (this deadpool figure is awesome, I love it, so just repainting it makes it just a diff color version of an amazing figure)
Best New Costume - Captain Carter (Peggy as a super hero, well she's just wonderful)
Best Villain - Surtur (as you can see, yeah..Surtur and the one under this are two of my fav movie/show figs of the year)
Best Female - Captain Carter

Best newcomer: Surtur, I mean c'mon, probably one of, if not the best figure of the whole year.

Best remake: Cull Obsidian, I mean it's so different from the previous one that it's practically all new, even though there's reuse.  

Best repaint: Dusty Deadpool, just like the others, it was a great figure the first time, not necessarily a better paint job, but still the same great figure.

Best costume: Final Battle Thor, easily one of the most glaring omissions from the Endgame stuff, and this one turned out excellent.

Best villain: Surtur, yep, he gets two votes, cause he's just that good.  

Best female: Scarlet Witch D+

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, whatever you celebrate. NCS will be back next week but I have something to I have to finish. The Best of Marvel Legends 2021. 2 weeks ago, I asked you to pick the best MCU, Gamerverse and/or Animated figures. I had to delay it because I was busy with work (I work retail) but here are the results.

Best Newcomer
3rd Place (9%) – Tied: Disney + Baron Zemo and Into the Spider-verse Miles Morales

2nd Place (27%) – Infinity Saga Surtur

Winner (32%): Gamerverse Miles Morales
I had to break the top two contenders for this and the main reason I picked this one is……well, look down at the villains section.

Best Remake
3rd place (9%) – 3-way Tied: Deluxe Vulture, Iron Man MK III and Miles Morales (Into the Spider-verse)

2nd Place (18%) – Tied: Infinity War Captain America and Children of Thanos Cull Obsidian

Winner (27%): Iron Monger

Best Repaint
3rd place (18%): Corvus Glaive

2nd Place (23%): Captain Carter (Stealth)

Winner (32%): Amazon Dusty Deadpool

Best New Costume
3rd Place (14%) – 3-way Tie: What If…? Dr. Strange Supreme, Zombie Cap and Hydra Stomper

2nd Place (18%): Disney + Scarlet Witch

Winner (32%): Captain Carter
It seems when it comes to new versions of MCU character, the What if…? seems to be a fan favourite.

Best Villain
3rd (5%) – five-way tie: Proxima Midnight, Cull Obsidian, Thanos (Children of Thanos), Kro, Death Dealer

2nd (23%) -Iron Monger

Winner (55%): Surtur
Wasn’t even a contest.

Best Female
3rd (5%) 3-way tie: Katy, Captain Marvel, Sylvie

2nd (41%): Captain Carter

Winner (43%): Disney + Scarlet Witch

Well that was the best MCU, Gamerverse or Animated figure of 2021. Did the figure you pick make the cuts? Will any of these be the Best figure of the years. Let me know in the comments below or on any of the social media sites.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addict. After weeks of voting, we are now onto the finals. In case people don't remember, each of the winners of the best couple of weeks have been entered into the finals. (Best accessories, packaging and waves are not included for obvious reasons). Since there is alot to choose from, you can pick up to three figures. Head to the link here to vote. - https://poll.fm/11001315

On 12/26/2021 at 8:07 PM, tarot said:

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addict. After weeks of voting, we are now onto the finals. In case people don't remember, each of the winners of the best couple of weeks have been entered into the finals. (Best accessories, packaging and waves are not included for obvious reasons). Since there is alot to choose from, you can pick up to three figures. Head to the link here to vote. - https://poll.fm/11001315

Shouldn't Wanda be MCU Female?